Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely Les Claypool.

"You know, when you throw things on stage, it's a sign of small and insignificant genitalia."
    Last edited by Ayirasi; 2011-08-27 at 06:45 AM.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Deleted
    David Ellefson (Megadeth). Ellefson is probably my favourite bassist of all time, hes work on Peace Sells and Rust In Peace is just amazing.

On Second:

Cliff Burton and Robert Trujillo (Metallica)
    Steve Harris (Iron Maiden)

Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    No John Paul Jones?
    Bass isnt about speed. Its about groove and rhyth. Not only he's beast of musician, but also beast of producer and multi-instrumentalist.

John Paul Jones IS a great bassist, but so is Les. He can lay a wicked groove when he gets into it during a jam. I present to you exhibit A. Les and Herb get REALLY into a groove at about 2:25. I don't know why Les went back to Jay Lane for Green Naugahyde, I think him and Herb have a little bit better synergy.

Some of my other favorite bassists:

Mark Sandman (R.I.P. you funky, funky man.)

Tony Levin (from King Crimson, Liquid Tension Experiment, and various other bands)

Victor Wooten, Stanley Clarke, and Marcus Miller

Buckethead

Deleted
    John Paul Jones or Cliff Burton. They both have a different style, and I don't think there will ever be anyone like Cliff.

LOL PAUL GREY LOL. I love slipknot but I'm not tone deaf. If you thin Paul Grey was the greatest bassist ever: there's the door to eternal shame. Eternal.

Les Claypool. Michael Balzary. John Myung. Can't really pick.

The dude from liquid tension experiment as well but he has a video above me so check that out he is awesome.
    Last edited by Shinshiva; 2011-08-27 at 03:22 PM.

My personal favourite - member of Joe Satriani band

Quote Originally Posted by Theweaponx View Post
    Evan Brewer is the best bassist ever, just saying. He is apart of the band The Faceless, and also tours and has his own record of just him playing bass. This gives new meaning to the term double bass, eh?
    Wow, gotta admit I'm truly impressed by this guy. Going look up more of his stuff now.

ozzy osbourne for the win
    Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Deleted
    Peter hook.

Lemmy Kilmister.

and the worst, yet one of the worlds most famous would prolly be Sid Vicious

Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    my vote goes for Paul Gray from Slipknot
    Yeah, I agree, although my bassist knowledge is limited.

Jeese F Keeler from Death From Above '79 is pretty cool, not the best I am aware of that, but he created very nice sounds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowdasher View Post
    Les claypool all the way.

And for those that say the dead guy from slipkont, get real. He was not great. Dieing =/= great. Skill+talent=great.
    I agree 100% He was good, but average, look at slipknots Bass Tabs... Its beginner stuff

1. eric czar
    2. jack bruce
    3. john paul jones
    (maybe add tal wilkenfeld, best looking bass-player hands down )

10+ Year Old Account
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooh... This is a really hard one for me.... As a bassist myself... I have so many favourites..

Les Claypool, Bootsy Collins, Geddy Lee, John Entwhistle, Mark King, Rudy Sarzo, Jaco Pastorius, Victor Wooten, Phil Lynott, Stanley Clarke, Cliff Burton, Paul Gray , Marcus Miller, and Doug Wimbash.... In no particular order, just so difficult to compare any of these guys.