Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I know that but because of our mastery it still is beast when you get a staff and mastery proc. I don't think mastery can proc it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    The mastery procs serves as part of our damage anyway. You're only gaining 18k from the staff there. The fact that you can get 50k in one second doesn't really suggest that it therefore must be awesome for an ele shaman (relatively). Can it even proc from our mastery?
    I dont see why it wouldn't. The design behind the staff seems to be that it should benefit 100% of everyones damage, and if it can't, then variables would be changed to make it better in the areas it does affect if it cannot affect 100% of the users dps (ie, raising proc chance for locks/frost mages/pet classes etc). So if it doesnt benefit our mastery, it should have a higher proc chance I should think. (This is my own opinion. It's not fact)

It still wouldn't make it better for an ele shaman over another class, in either scenario.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    It still wouldn't make it better for an ele shaman over another class, in either scenario.
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it's better for Elemental. I was simply giving my opinion on why I think it might affect our mastery. I'm quite against giving it to the class who people think will "benefit most from it" and as such I dont care who does or doesnt benefit more from the staff or not

aside from the fact that he has almost BiS for everything

if you looked closely at his logs

he crit.. a shit ton more than he was "suppose" to

his 42k while impressive involved alot of luck

I can't help but wonder why an ele shaman would reforge spirit to hit, when with his talent, it's technically reforging hit to hit...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragesfury View Post
    I can't help but wonder why an ele shaman would reforge spirit to hit, when with his talent, it's technically reforging hit to hit...
    Please read the first 1-3 pages and see that discusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    You obviously didn't read even half of this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    aside from the fact that he has almost BiS for everything

if you looked closely at his logs

he crit.. a shit ton more than he was "suppose" to

his 42k while impressive involved alot of luck
    Why do ppl tend to do this? what does "suppose" imply? i am jelous of the guy that did this? envy perhaps?
    Blizz cheats me but gives him moar critz???11 THEY GAVE HIM TOTS AND FM AND BLOODLUST!!!!111oneone

Just enjoy the show and the game...

Deleted
    Well if you had read the thread you wouldn't still be wondering, but a quick summary :-

There is a currently a myth floating around that the Fire Elemental is not recieving 100% of the hit recieved from the Spirit > Hit talent, so some shaman take the opportunity to reforge spirit to hit where no other reforge is needed. As of yet it still doesnt seem as if the community has come to a definate agreement whether it is an actual bug with the talent mentioned or whether its something else (namely the Draenei 1% hit racial) and as such, shaman like the one in the OP do the reforges are a kind of QoL factor.

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    His first post in this thread.

He came in all gun's a blazing and he was still wrong. That shaman in the OP's post is gemmed correctly and obviously new alot more of the myths and banter surrounding some things than the poster did. He wasn't labelled a troll first and certainly wasn't innocent in any sense.
    I'm really not lookin to get into an argument about defending this guy for saying what he did, I just thought it was interesting what happened. He was wrong about the spirit/hit thing and fire eles? I'm not a shaman so I don't know, I just know he pointed it out (albeit childishly), had a handful of people disagree with him, then a mod came along and said "oh yeah, he's actually right." (regardless if he actually IS, I don't know, looks like it's still under debate)
    Last edited by Ripture; 2011-08-27 at 08:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripture View Post
    I'm really not lookin to get into an argument about defending this guy for saying what he did, I just thought it was interesting what happened. He was wrong about the spirit/hit thing and fire eles? I'm not a shaman so I don't know, I just know he pointed it out (albeit childishly), had a handful of people disagree with him, then a mod came along and said "oh yeah, he's actually right."
    Wrong. Radux came along and said that all spirit affects the Fire Elemental last he heard/read but he was unsure about the status of the "myth" as he hadn't followed the discussion for a while. What Radux was correcting is someone claiming that since the tooltip for Elemental Precision says "Spell hit" that it didnt affect the elemental at all. What Radux pointed out is that any hit, whether its spell hit or hit (or this case, hit and spirit), will affect the Elemental.

Wrong. Radux came along and said that all spirit affects the Fire Elemental last he heard/read but he was unsure about the status of the "myth" as he hadn't followed the discussion for a while. What Radux was correcting is someone claiming that since the tooltip for Elemental Precision says "Spell hit" that it didnt affect the elemental at all. What Radux pointed out is that any hit, whether its spell hit or hit (or this case, hit and spirit), will affect the Elemental.
    First of all, "Wrong." is kind of a hostile way to begin what should be a completely civilized and neutral discussion. I don't think I said anything to illicit the response that I'm challenging you. Secondly, isn't Elemental Precision exactly what Radux and Dkenusc are talking about? Spirit translating to hit is because of Elemental Precision, or am I way out of bounds? I guess I could have missed something but it seemed like everyone was talking about Elemental Precision, turning spirit into hit rating so that the fire elemental, that presumably takes your hit rating (and thus spirit) into account, would benefit from spirit on items rather than requiring it be reforged to hit for it to work.
    Last edited by Ripture; 2011-08-27 at 08:56 PM.

glad i came here to find out my ele doesnt gain my spirit hit lol

Deleted
    First of all, "Wrong." is kind of a hostile way to begin what should be a completely civilized and neutral discussion. I don't think I said anything to illicit the response that I'm challenging you. Secondly, isn't Elemental Precision exactly what Radux and Dkenusc are talking about? Spirit translating to hit is because of Elemental Precision, or am I way out of bounds? I guess I could have missed something but it seemed like everyone was talking about Elemental Precision, turning spirit into hit rating so that the fire elemental, that presumably takes your hit rating (and thus spirit) into account.
    Its not hostile in any way to begin with wrong. It's a simple way to start a sentence. Im all for civilized discussion as its a rare gift to see on these boards. I'll try to make this seem clear as possible but make note it is not hostile in any way.

- "Troll" poster claims that the shaman listed in the OP is a very bad shaman and doesnt know his class. Posters respond to him by telling him about the commonly known "myth" among the shaman community that Elemental Precision isnt converting 100% for the Elemental. He turns it down and calls every shaman who mentions this myth a noob. Now the myth in question is still heavily in debate across several boards and while evidence is suggesting its untrue, it is still in debate.

- Radux comes in and respondes to another poster who claims the reason the Elemental isnt recieving hit is because Elemental Precision converts spirit > spell hit only and that the Elemental benefits only from normal hit, not spell hit. Radux responds saying that the Elemental does infact benefit from spell hit as well as normal hit, meaning that posters response was wrong.

Here is where I think your misunderstanding. Radux was simply correcting that poster that was claiming the Elemental does not benefit from spell hit when it does. The myth that the Fire Elemental doesnt benefit from Elemental Precision is not the same. If theres any truth to the myth, its simply a bug and has nothing whatsoever to do with the elemental not benefitting from both types of hit rating.

Radux was not saying the "troll" poster was correct. Radux was stating that the Fire Elemental does indeed benefit from both types of hit (or thats the intentions of Blizzard at least)/

---------- Post added 2011-08-27 at 10:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    glad i came here to find out my ele doesnt gain my spirit hit lol
    The Elemental does actually benefit from your spirit hit. Otherwise it would be missing alot more than it does (ie not just 1-3 misses a fight). If there is any truth to the spirit hit myth it would be that it does not gain 100% of the hit from the talent, but still gains alot.

Saying that however, after the debate went on in this thread I did a little research of my own and it does seem to be only Draenei shaman's that are having issues with their Elementals having an occasional miss, meaning it could very well be the racial not affecting the Elemental and that the talent is fine. Nothing concrete though.

/*stuff*/
    Ok, well there's one confusion I had then. I was unaware there was actually still a difference between "spell hit" and "hit." I thought they combined those a while ago into one stat, like with melee haste and spell haste I think it was? Too long ago to remember exactly. Thanks for clearing that up. I appreciate you being patient with me.

Deleted
    Ok, well there's one confusion I had then. I was unaware there was actually still a difference between "spell hit" and "hit." I thought they combined those a while ago into one stat, like with melee haste and spell haste I think it was? Too long ago to remember exactly. Thanks for clearing that up. I appreciate you being patient with me.
    Ahh see you are right. They did combine them. But then for some reason they made a few exceptions which confuse alot of people, ie Elemental precision benefitting only spells because its spell hit and enh shammies Duel Wield which only increases melee hit chance by 6% etc. Thats Blizzard for you though..

almost all high parses are gonna be cheesed

sad fact of wow

The thing these moron trolls dont realize when there talking crap about knobey is he had atleast top 3 World of Log mostly #1 or 2 on every fight outside rhyolith before he had the legendary so even though yeah he destroyed #1 with tot and stuff for fun this week to see what he could do, just enjoy the amazing dps from a ele and quit trolling.

Personally I would have thought with his gear and 21 tricks of the trade his damage would be at the very least 42k...

So I think we will see some higher numbers from him!