Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lasermizer View Post
    I'm not convinced that this shammy knows his/her class completely. Why would you reforge spirit to hit with the Elemental Precision talent. That makes no sense. Knobey is losing regen and throughput at the same time.
    This has already been discussed ad nauseum if you read the thread.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish the proc from LB/LvB/Fulm/etc. showed up as actual Wrath of Tarecgosa damage so that we wouldn't have to play the guessing game as to what/how it benefits Elemental shamans.
    Xrtn | Vengeful Gladiator | 90 Human Hunter
    Ascendancex | Hero of the Horde | 90 Draenei Shaman

Check out my stream >> HERE << 2300+ RBGs / Arena / Wargames!

The staff seems to be a 5k+ dps gain just by itself. I am collecting the embers atm so it will be awhile before I get my hands on one. Wish the spec got buffed earlier then I would have been given the 2nd staff. I do envy those ele shamans who are in the raid purely as a dps though as I am 1/2 as dps, 1/4 as a healer and 1/4 as a DK (LOL). Still it is nice to be able to be top or be close to the top of the meters on single target fights.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please read the totemspot thread on this subject... from what they believe it is the 1% from draenei that isn't applied. Elemental precision is applied however.

Quote Originally Posted by lasermizer View Post
    I'm not convinced that this shammy knows his/her class completely. Why would you reforge spirit to hit with the Elemental Precision talent. That makes no sense. Knobey is losing regen and throughput at the same time.
    Because the Elemental Precision talent doesn't account for the Elementals as well, especially if it's only spell hit. Only actual hit will do both since it's not only to spell hit.

EDITED: Anyways, those numbers are quite decent for a shaman.
    Last edited by Renwin; 2011-08-27 at 07:20 PM.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

Quote Originally Posted by tenub View Post
    it isn't the legendary or the tricks or my fm

it's the fact that knobey is a beast
    Yea and no, hes good don't get me wrong but cmon
    Hi Sephurik

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    .... Hurt ass?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Renwin View Post
    Because the Elemental Precision talent doesn't account for the Elementals as well, especially if it's only spell hit. Only actual hit will do both since it's not only to spell hit.
    This has been discussed and tested to death over at Totemspot. Spirit and Hit both benefit your Fire Elemental equally, as it does for you (the caster).

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    And how many buttons would he need to push to be considered a "beast" then? Most classes have roughly the same number of buttons to push as Elemental.
    Um, that's my exact point. This game isn't hard. Any dumbass could have gear and mediocre/above average knowledge of the game and be able to perform well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tnewor View Post
    Um, that's my exact point. This game isn't hard. Any dumbass could have gear and mediocre/above average knowledge of the game and be able to perform well.
    No need to be abrasive. But seriously, there's still some skill left in the game. If the skill cap was set so low, then min-max players wouldn't be able to do so much better than the rest of the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    This has been discussed and tested to death over at Totemspot. Spirit and Hit both benefit your Fire Elemental equally, as it does for you (the caster).
    So they have actually come to an agreement that it is infact Heroic Presence and not Elemental Precision that's bugged?

Quote Originally Posted by Tnewor View Post
    As Radux said, If the game were as easy as you are making it out to be, there would not be such a large difference between those world first players and the common player. There is still skill to the game, whether that's pushing buttons, paying attention in fights and learning to position yourself better to move less or a whole other number of things.
    Last edited by mmoce5ee2a432e; 2011-08-27 at 07:22 PM.

Another thread on this person? He must be getting famous.

Deleted
    I thought this whole rumour about spirit not effecting Fire Elemental was debunked, from what I have read it does get hit from spirit but it doesn't get hit from the 1% Dreanei racial.

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    So they have actually come to an agreement that it is infact Heroic Presence and not Elemental Precision that's bugged?
    I don't know. I haven't been following that discussion. My point was that there's still a myth out there that Spirit doesn't affect your Fire Elemental's Hit via Elemental Precision. So people were reforging their Spirit to Hit. Enough discussion/testing has been done to show that they affect it equally.

So chances are that it was Heroic Presence, though. I'm not sure. Haven't really looked into the issue or the discussion yet.

Quote Originally Posted by huangzhong9 View Post
    i would say that is pretty accurate, though i did lol a bit when i saw the 21 TotTs he got.
    Indeed. With the recent across the board buff and a 15% damage buff for 40% of the fight, and his gear, not really surprised. Would be pretty much inline with any other class getting the same treatment.

Spirit = hit. People reforge to hit because 1) because they can 2) more reforging options if an item already has hit or spirit 3) when the raid leader asks you to heal you tell him "I am not reforged to heal" so he picks someone else to heal. It was noticed a LONG time ago from logs but a lot of ele shaman from top guilds still did it. Why? Because you cant be wrong in doing that.

"Earned the achievement Wrecking Ball for 10 points. 3 days ago"

Coincident? I THINK NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Wait, now I'm confused. Didn't 2 pages just go by where someone was saying this and everyone (including a mod) scoffed him off as a troll?

And aside from his 42k dps, it's baleroc, it's a patchwerk style fight. he most likely didn't have to deal with crystals, and didn't get countdown so he was just sitting there and dpsing.
    With two PI's and 21 tricks, he was clearly parsing, and that's what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripture View Post
    Wait, now I'm confused. Didn't 2 pages just go by where someone was saying this and everyone (including a mod) scoffed him off as a troll?
    This was what was said:
    LOL why is he reforging spirit into hit like a noob? does he not know spirit=hit? and his gemming is completely wrong, he's obviously a really bad shaman
    The point is that it doesn't matter how you do it, but you don't have to be rude as hell to point it out.