Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EviForums View Post
    Chenbo's gallery: http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/1880224471

Just wish I could read it
    Chrome. Translates everything these days ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    well looks like ill have an extra 40 bucks this year... such a disappointment murkablo is. grunty was awesome deathy was ok.. murkablo oye vey not worth buying it twice. Q&A is the only thing that interest me if I buy the ppv since content is released on the net within mins nowadays. is it me or did 4.1 4.2 and 4.3 story all pop out of the ground? I got lost after the sundering thing with deathwing. I pray blizzard has something epic up their sleeve and not release content info like last year with cata before blizzcon

Okay being a raider during this whole time 7 years, and being around for the Giving away of ulduar tier and epics, I want to put my foot down to the people who are against vendors selling old tier, NO IDGAF, I am happy that I won't have to regrind old raids to get old gear, there have been plenty of people who I have seen in this forum who are perfectly okay with old tier being giving away at the minor inconvience of running heroics, I have never liked that at all, but people ride that train constantly, this gear is just old tier, no one actually uses it except to look cool in the cities, it has no actual use, but now it does, and as a player who wants to look bad ass full time now, I accept gear to be givin away at the cost of not needing to do much just like the players who want old tier and the normal tier of content for doing nothing at all as well. I have raided all of the content since vanilla and all the expansions on a warrior and on a hunter. And never had the bag space to keep all of my old tier so I have had to toss it since wrath, so I welcome this with open arms.

"Replica" does mean that these items may very well just be art skins made available specifically for use with Transmogrification, devoid of their original stats. Once you copy those skins onto another item though, I don't know that one would be able to tell the difference between whether you earned the look back in the day, or from the Darkmoon Faire. Only the name of the item from which you're pulling art will be shown in the tooltip of the item you have equipped. So if the names of the items aren't changed when placed on Darkmoon Faire vendors, a player inspecting you wouldn't know the difference once you've mogged your look.
    Does this mean that inspect addons such as GearScore and Simple Ilevel cannot check your real gear? You could potentially have blue gear, buy Tier X gear, transmogrify the blue gear to look like the Tiergear, sell it for full refund and keep doing it for all the JP/VP slots? Fun times ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Praest View Post
    Does this mean that inspect addons such as GearScore and Simple Ilevel cannot check your real gear? You could potentially have blue gear, buy Tier X gear, transmogrify the blue gear to look like the Tiergear, sell it for full refund and keep doing it for all the JP/VP slots? Fun times ahead.
    The ilvl and stats remain the same but the name changes.

I guess you want an opportunity to check what the "real" piece is called, but what would be the point when you still see the original stats..?

Also I think it's safe to assume you can't transmogrify lower ilvl blue to higher ilvl epic, could be wrong though.
    Last edited by Brytryne; 2011-08-27 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brytryne View Post
    The ilvl and stats remain the same but the name changes.

I guess you want an opportunity to check what the "real" piece is called, but what would be the point when you still see the original stats..?
    people are still using gearscore?

omg Illidan's bandana being taken off! I wonder if they're still a smoking crater

Am I the only one totally underwhelmed with transmogrification? No dyes, no way to alter current armor, just a means to look exactly like I did a few patches/expansions ago. I really don't see why this is a big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by hagbardceline View Post
    Am I the only one totally underwhelmed with transmogrification? No dyes, no way to alter current armor, just a means to look exactly like I did a few patches/expansions ago. I really don't see why this is a big deal?
    Because this is something people have been asking for for years. Even though they aren't going with as much detail as say guild wars, just being able to change the way your gear looks is at least a start.

The guy in the 5th 20th anniversary pic is doing art for Rock N' Roll Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    The guy in the 5th 20th anniversary pic is doing art for Rock N' Roll Racing.
    "The guy"?! How do you not know who Samwise Didier is, but know the racing game? lol Okay so it's 20 years ago and missing a whole ton of hair, but still! He's the guy behind the Pandaren too.

Deleted
    A murloc, once again, really ? ;(

Speechless about that Majordomo Staghelm art piece, it really is amazing!

I love that Tyrande-Illidan artwork, now that is an amazing piece of work!!! "My blind eyes see what others cannot!" ^^ favorite quote

Quote Originally Posted by lilbuddhaman View Post
    In more or less words, they've completely said "We do not feel that the players who have been with use from day 1 deserve anything" regardless of them being the reason the game is popular today. Word of mouth is huge for MMO's, because you simply cannot base a good MMO on some awful website review that only describes the first 20 levels or some 5hr jaunt touching on what amounts to extremely narrow views of the game...

Anyways, fuck you blizz. You lose the hardcore fans, you lose the casual cash cows. 2012 will see WoW half in numbers at minimum.
    LOL tinfoil hat much?

if wow loses that many subs.. it will MOST DEFINITELY not be because of transmogrification. Would really be a pretty stupid reason for leaving, "omg he didnt EARN that t3 gears" which is what i believe you're effectively referring to.. and if by earn it you mean they ground up the gear when they were level 70, 2 years after it was current content... right before Lich King popped and they took away old Naxx.

get with the program son, you are NOT a special snowflake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Never ask for logic in a game that mails you dragons.

Deleted
    Thought Samwise can't get any cooler but now I see he doesn't age.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantasir View Post
    LOL tinfoil hat much?

if wow loses that many subs.. it will MOST DEFINITELY not be because of transmogrification. Would really be a pretty stupid reason for leaving, "omg he didnt EARN that t3 gears" which is what i believe you're effectively referring to.. and if by earn it you mean they ground up the gear when they were level 70, 2 years after it was current content... right before Lich King popped and they took away old Naxx.

get with the program son, you are NOT a special snowflake.

I don't see people quitting over this much at all, maybe even staying a little longer, but this really is not content to say the least, numbers are going to really drop though in the first quarter next year, that is a fact because of all the games that are gonna be coming out this fall and winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggiej View Post
    I don't see people quitting over this much at all, maybe even staying a little longer, but this really is not content to say the least, numbers are going to really drop though in the first quarter next year, that is a fact because of all the games that are gonna be coming out this fall and winter.
    They're going to lose about a million net, max. I'd be surprised if it was much more or less.

Ok! Hey, can't we stop reading about transmogrification , darmoon faire, pets ... cause it's just crap.

Just a reskin of Deathy. Won't be buying