Deleted

Shadow Trash advice

So just started running some heroics on my freshly dinged shadow priest, and looking for a bit of advice for trash.

When theres 2 guys its pretty simple, multidot, nuke one.

When theres 4+ spam mind sear, works alright.

Im kind of struggling when theres 3-4 trash mobs (like in ZA/ZG) what the best option is?

1. Multidot & Mind Sear
    2. Multidot & nuke one
    3. Mind Sear

Any advice on this would help

15+ Year Old Account
    4. Mind Sear and AFK.

No, in all seriousness, usually ZA/ZG, I single target what's important (Healer, Caster) then AOE off the tank depending on how many are left. If it's just a regular old pack, I'll just Minds Sear.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

I think it depends on how strong the other DPS are. Plain old Mind Sear is usually enough but if there's time it doesn't hurt to throw up a SWP as you run in and then MB between MS refreshes if you have an orb. In ZA I sometimes DOT a few up and then nuke the one who's going to cause the biggest problem. I can't think of any packs in ZG that cause problems, except the one before the 3rd boss where you can just Mind Control and use the controlled mob to take the rest down.
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

Deleted
    I can't really improve on what Veiled and Hoddie have said, but I will add one thing about Zul'Aman trash. Flame Casters. They can easily do about 35-40k dps, just make sure to use Blazing Speed, melee and hit the Fireball spell when it's off cooldown. Just make sure to never use the Fireball Volley as it'll most likely pull another pack.

While you're Mind Controlling, you want to focus on two things. Doing as much damage as possible, and taking as much damage as possible. Pulling aggro off of mobs to try and get your Flame Caster killed and also standing in the things on the ground that the Juggernaughts create. Doing this makes trash trivial even to the worst of groups.

if more than 3

target main tank , cast mind sear and go afk

if less than 4
    VP,shadow wordain to all 3 + mind flay

in some cases(low health like 100-60k) better 2 mind spike + 1 mb