MajorDomo hc and Ele

Do you guys have problem with DPS on Majordomo HC fight ?? no mether whot i do i cant reach more then 36 k i chek the loogs and i saw that our bloody Elemental donot resive that buff he hit for the same amount of damage no mether if i was on 0 or on 100% when i releas him and turnin of totems when we gather in 1 spot is another pain in the ass..... enh can do 50 k and ele 36 k with pain ....

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    Do you guys have problem with DPS on Majordomo HC fight ?? no mether whot i do i cant reach more then 36 k i chek the loogs and i saw that our bloody Elemental donot resive that buff he hit for the same amount of damage no mether if i was on 0 or on 100% when i releas him and turnin of totems when we gather in 1 spot is another pain in the ass..... enh can do 50 k and ele 36 k with pain ....
    Our Fire Elemental totem is not affected by the buff. Our elemental is a major portion of our damage. We're going to be lower than other classes.

I'm running over 40k. Are you casting chain lightning to cleave the adds on cat phase? Are you moving as the cat phase is about to pounce to avoid taking damage and losing any concentration? Are you casting your fire elemental when your spell power procs are up to maximize its DPS? Are you waiting until after collapse where you will need to remove totems to recast your elemental (to avoid despawning a full timer ele)? Are you one of the people taking orbs which will lower your DPS or are you free to DPS that phase?

On top of this we can't see your character so we don't know if it's something other than the fight which is having an impact on your DPS.

I think searing totem works though, but cannot confirm myself. Might be worth trying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalos View Post
    I think searing totem works though, but cannot confirm myself. Might be worth trying that.
    A fire elemental already does more than double the DPS of a searing totem. So even if searing is doing double damage and fire ele is doing normal damage it's still worth it to keep your fire elemental up.

My logs also show that fire elemental is still doing about a normal percentage of my damage, so I believe it is benefiting from my concentration aura. Maybe experiment with dropping it once your concentration is at max to see if it operates the same as with spell power procs which will increase the fire ele's damage for its entire 2 minutes if you cast it with the proc up.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalos View Post
    You are correct, searing totem does get the buff - however, it's still more DPS to use your Fire Elemental.

damnit, propane beat me D:

PS- Take a look at http://worldoflogs.com/reports/3wi93...&e=6793#Eratub

It's quite clear that the elemental does not benefit from it. If it was it would be well over 5k dps.
    Last edited by Kwiqshter; 2011-08-27 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    I'm running over 40k. Are you casting chain lightning to cleave the adds on cat phase? Are you moving as the cat phase is about to pounce to avoid taking damage and losing any concentration? Are you casting your fire elemental when your spell power procs are up to maximize its DPS? Are you waiting until after collapse where you will need to remove totems to recast your elemental (to avoid despawning a full timer ele)? Are you one of the people taking orbs which will lower your DPS or are you free to DPS that phase?

On top of this we can't see your character so we don't know if it's something other than the fight which is having an impact on your DPS.
    hmm you have some good points but is hard to move evry time when hes hitin 100 you forgot thet on 25 man youre next to each other and he reach 100 very fast the other tings is nothing new to me

Quote Originally Posted by Kwiqshter View Post
    You are correct, searing totem does get the buff - however, it's still more DPS to use your Fire Elemental.

damnit, propane beat me D:

PS- Take a look at http://worldoflogs.com/reports/3wi93...&e=6793#Eratub

It's quite clear that the elemental does not benefit from it. If it was it would be well over 5k dps.
    You seem to be right. My recount must be borked. The logs for me show it doing about 5k DPS as well, which is BARELY more than the searing totem.

This fight does favor melee, but yeah if you can break 30k on baleroc you should be able to break 40k on staghelm as long as you don't get hit by leaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    hmm you have some good points but is hard to move evry time when hes hitin 100 you forgot thet on 25 man youre next to each other and he reach 100 very fast the other tings is nothing new to me
    I had some trouble with it at first as well, but with your lightning glyph for movement while casting and a 4-set (if you have it) moving shouldn't have any impact on your DPS unless your lava burst goes on CD without a proc. If you can't strafe left or right without hitting somebody you can also try running toward or away from the boss (assuming you don't run into melee range or out of casting range). Also your DPS will go down if your raid is soaking scorpion cleaves. Perhaps the 50k enhancement shaman is standing behind the boss and not soaking any cleaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    This fight does favor melee, but yeah if you can break 30k on baleroc you should be able to break 40k on staghelm as long as you don't get hit by leaps.
    exacly i like to see my purple bar on top of my Skada :P but not on the other top ..... hate this fight

---------- Post added 2011-08-27 at 06:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    I had some trouble with it at first as well, but with your lightning glyph for movement while casting and a 4-set (if you have it) moving shouldn't have any impact on your DPS unless your lava burst goes on CD without a proc. If you can't strafe left or right without hitting somebody you can also try running toward or away from the boss (assuming you don't run into melee range or out of casting range). Also your DPS will go down if your raid is soaking scorpion cleaves. Perhaps the 50k enhancement shaman is standing behind the boss and not soaking any cleaves.
    no we dont we run out at 75 + energy and about our elemental the other bad thing is that when were on max range he often come back to me and do nothing stare on the ads then he move when the boss is back ofc byfore he reach him boss jump and he repeats whot he did
    Last edited by Sodia; 2011-08-27 at 05:28 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    no we dont we run out at 75 + energy and about our elemental the other bad thing is that when were on max range he often come back to me and do nothing stare on the ads then he move when the boss is back ofc byfore he reach him boss jump and he repeats whot he did
    Drop your elemental when you're clumping up for the Cat->Scorpion transitions or else it'll do exactly as you said; run back to the totem when he pounces in the opposite direction (outside of the tether range of your totem).

Also, like others have said, you can use Glyph of Unleashed Lightning and pre-move when he reaches 100 energy in Cat form to avoid taking a potential tick from the Leaping Flames.
    Xrtn | Vengeful Gladiator | 90 Human Hunter
    Ascendancex | Hero of the Horde | 90 Draenei Shaman

Check out my stream >> HERE << 2300+ RBGs / Arena / Wargames!

Update on this one:

I did domo HC tonight on some cough meds and my reaction time wasn't the greatest, got hit by leap quite a bit. While I didn't die, I did lose nearly 5k DPS from this.

So really the only secret to doing good DPS on HC domo is don't get hit by leaps.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    As some people already said, just dont get hit by the damn leaps.
    I found achieving good DPS on this fight extremely easy as Elemental. I did 44,3k on our first kill and 45,1k on our second kill WHILE soaking the orbs, ranking 2nd on WoL for 10mans. Had I not been soaking I would have probably hit over 46-47k DPS quite easily.

Even on 25man where its more clumped up.... you can just move out of range instead of sideways or along the edge of an existing fire-ring just before he hits 100 energy and avoid the leap. Being out of range for a few seconds is not really a huge DPS-loss compared to losing the buff.

We tank Domo on the middle of the center-ring and when I have my FE and Int-procs up I just run in a bit after a leap to drop them and then run back without any problems.