10+ Year Old Account

What is your Patsburg build gonna have? (LGA2011)

Hey guys, im really excited for the new LGA2011 socket sandy-bridge extreme cpu's, and its gotten me thinking what will i have in my build, this is the build im gonna sink all my money into, and i will not spare any expense.

atm im just curious as to what you guys are gonna have in yours, and when are you planning your build. i havnt decided the final things so im not gonna post what im gonna have just yet.

what are you gonna have in yours?

10+ Year Old Account
    Already have an i5 2500K (along with a ton of other people in this forum) and with it's brutal overclocking potential I just don't see any need to upgrade for atleast 1-2 generations of chips. The most I'll do is strip off my air cooling setup and go with a custom water loop for CPU+GPU in about a year or so to hit some heavy overclocks.
    I.e. I'll be skipping LGA2011, the one after that, and *might* consider the one after THAT if it brings any revolutionary changes.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    To me it felt like either you go 1155 or you go 2011 depending on how much CPU, memory bandwidth and PCIe lane capability you feel like you need. Like 1156 vs 1366 used to be.

I won't go for s2011 for private use as it would feel like spending a little too much on PC parts (I've spent plenty already..). But I'll be following news about it and probably toy around with a LGA2011 dream build in my mind. :P

Going Ivy Bridge for my socket 1155 when the processors become available, now that will be extremely tempting as it requires no mobo change. And the CPU will probably not be as pricy as an LGA 2011 CPU either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ivy Bridge is simply a hex core solution that will be no faster than SB quads when it comes to gaming right?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Ivy bridge is the dieshrink to 22nm with trigate transistors.