Poll: Most boring non-gathering proffesion?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Blacksmithing now that they took out Armor/Weapon specs
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

enchanting
    you simply have to enchant the same item over and over again...

Enchanting because:

1- As people already said: click, cast, click cast...
    2- "Woot, I got 299 enchanting. Just create this rod and I'll be done. Ouch mats are very expensive but I can buy them. Nice, now I'm 300 and...wtf? Another rod?".
    3- I recently leveled up a mage with enchanting/tailoring. I collected every single item that I found and DE'd. I even DE'd stuffs from tailoring. And I had to spend like 2k to buy mats to level up this thing.

Ps: For people that are complaining about tailoring: don't forget that if you are in a new realm without an 80 or 85, you can create bags which helps you a lot.

All of the above

10+ Year Old Account
    I find that after/around 225 for any non-gathering profession becomes hard. Its around this area that power-leveling them becomes difficult if you don't have excessive amounts of gold..

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd say enchanting or inscription. Most of the scrolls you create are usually worthless, so you will make little gold in return, except when you are at those levels which have useful enchants available. Other professions get their goodies DE'd or sell them in the AH and they will actually sell.

Inscription because it's a pain to buy hundreds of stacks of herbs and mill them, and then create glyphs and stuff. Those sell badly also as I get undercutted within 30 minutes everytime I list glyphs. However the offhands are often very valuable, especially the lower level ones.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

If it was an option, I'd have voted for Fishing.
    I don't really think of any of the primary professions as "boring" so I went with Alchemy because it's... the "simplest" and easiest. LW, BS, and JC are all certainly NOT boring with how incredibly annoying and expensive they are to level. "You want HOW MUCH for that single stack of leather!?"
    ಠ_ಠ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiandra View Post
    inscription ... Geez need to farm 5 herbs to make a potion which i than use to make a glyph takes forever = to boring
    Farm herbs to make ink (one batch of herbs at a time since it can't be automated for 'mill 10 stacks' like smelting) and then make 5 worthless glyphs to get to next worthless glyph batch.

10+ Year Old Account
    engineering was a serious pain in the ass. Leatherworking and enchanting were pretty easy.

jewelcrafting has sucked so far as well (still rockin 510-ish)

Deleted
    All crafting professions are identical in how you can level them so not much trouble there(Unless you choose to farm for mats).

All professions from worst to easiest:
    Fishing
    Archeology
    Mining
    Herbalism
    Skinning
    Cooking(Mainly due to lack of recipes at certain levels and lack of available low level mats)
    All crafting professions
    First aid

I always powerlevel all crafting professions and when you have all mats in advance it only takes 30-60 minutes to max it out.

Now the real question is which professions is most difficult to aquire recipes for and that would definately be Jewelcrafting - Having to daily quests for three days for a single recipe while all the others can just turn in some of there mats and buy all recipes in a few minutes.

Enchanting. Click-cast etx.

---------- Post added 2011-08-29 at 10:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dikalup View Post
    Now the real question is which professions is most difficult to aquire recipes for and that would definately be Jewelcrafting - Having to daily quests for three days for a single recipe while all the others can just turn in some of there mats and buy all recipes in a few minutes.
    Inscription ties with annoyness of recipes. They are learned RANDOMLY: with JC you can at least choose to get the most popular first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearmug View Post
    Farm herbs to make ink (one batch of herbs at a time since it can't be automated for 'mill 10 stacks' like smelting) and then make 5 worthless glyphs to get to next worthless glyph batch.
    Actually Inscription is proberbly the profession where you can sell just about everything you make with it while you level - None of the glyphs are really useless and a lot people prefere to have all available glyphs in the game - Granted some may sell better than others but everything is useful.

Now take any of the other professions such as tailoring, leatherworking, blacksmithing and even jewelcrafting - Everything you produce until max level is more or less useless except for the one or two odd things that might be popular - But in general nobody is gonna buy a level 30 cloth item or even a low level gem - It's 99% useless and you end up vendoring or disenchanting it with quite a heavy loss.
    But even the cheapest glyphs on AH usually still have quite a good profit margin so you usually end up making money leveling inscription compared to all the others.

Which one is fun lol they are all the same lvl of excitement .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    Archaeology...
    Going to agree with this. Tons of time spent on a mount traveling to get a couple fragments. Travel all the way to the opposite end of continent for a few more fragments, solve a lame common artifact only to have it pop up again three more times in a row, and it's one that doesn't accept keystones. I realize most archaeology items are meant for fun, and I do use those(vrykul horn + bones of transformation outside the bank), but trying to get the epics that are useable in combat, this profession will suck out your soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the current top position being Enchanting... it's a huge money sink and you can't queue several enchantments so where you can create a queue of 50 items for any other profession you have to click for every single item in enchanting...

Enchanting just takes forever...... Click................................Click................................................ .......snooze.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tailoring is awful, and Enchanting. Sooooo tedious!

I would say engineering but tbh its same everything.
    You buy mats from AH, u lvl proffesion, profit.

Blacksmithing is horrible. I couldn't stand getting all the mats, so I dropped it and picked up enchanting because I wanted to make some money from DEing. But for the record if mining was up there I'd vote that because let me tell you I did NOT have fun circling around Outland looking for some Fel Iron and other stupid minerals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, all professions are boring to level. You're going to tell me you'll have exciting fun running from AH to mailbox, craft a few items, then go to trainer and AH and mailbox and craft a few and repeat? As for the gathering professions, same deal, fly around in circles hoping nodes will show up on the minimap :x.