Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Even counting T11, less then 10% of the player base is raiding. Less then that will see Deathwing in 4.3. So Blizzard is creating content that the other 90% can see, and we all have to freak out? If the entire community isn't 100% focused on deathwing (again, which 90% won't even fight) then something is wrong?I understand the premise of the joke, but have to mimic many before me in that I don't understand the humor in it.Also, guess what high end progression guild do when forming up for a raid, or recovering from a wipe to deathwing? I dunno, break out novelty pets or costumes. I guess I forgot that we aren't allowed to have fun when 4.3 drops. We have to be all business then... cause it's Deathwing!Some of you that have a problem with the Darkmoon Faire or changing your armor look, etc, need to get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Sw1tch View Post
    Uh, you do realize that 4.3 is predicted at the end of the year right? That would be nearly 6 months without class changes (counting the time it's been since the last major changes as well). You are insane if you think the player base can handle half a year without changes. It's unheard of even by WoW standards to wait that long.
    no class change means no class nerfs which means no ppl whining and complaining that there class was "nerfed to the ground"

Quote Originally Posted by ThistleChaser View Post
    I usually love Daily Blink, but this one doesn't work for me.
    The hover text is pretty good though. Got to get me one of those autographs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sw1tch View Post
    Uh, you do realize that 4.3 is predicted at the end of the year right? That would be nearly 6 months without class changes (counting the time it's been since the last major changes as well). You are insane if you think the player base can handle half a year without changes. It's unheard of even by WoW standards to wait that long.
    Um. It's basically September. That would be the 9th month out of 12. That means in order to launch it before Christmas, they have about 3 months. 3 months isn't too bad at all. 3 =/= 6. It would take the patch coming out in February to be half a year. See? It doesnt sound quite so bad when you arent rounding wildly up.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Daily Blink, occasionally you're funny but not today

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I guess I forgot that we aren't allowed to have fun when 4.3 drops. We have to be all business then... cause it's Deathwing!Some of you that have a problem with the Darkmoon Faire or changing your armor look, etc, need to get a grip.
    I wanna have non-raiding fun too and fully support Darkmoon Faire being implemented. Even so, the comic is funny because it holds some truth. The comic itself isn't saying it shouldn't be implemented - just pointing out the humor behind its timing.

can someone explain the daily blink to me? I usually get it, but today I feel stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seasoning View Post
    can someone explain the daily blink to me? I usually get it, but today I feel stupid.
    They're mocking WoW,one moment you're fighting Ragnaros to save the world and the other you're enjoying the darkmoon fair.
    But its not that funny because taking WoW seriously has never been funny.

Daily Blink was funny

I hope this comic reminds blizzard that the deathwing flyovers of burning death should not exclude the darkmoon faire >: D

perhaps unique banter during it:

Tremble, puny carnival folk! Make peace with the end of your little "darkmoon faire", for the hour of twilight falls!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The post says "The final version of Patch 4.2.2 (Build 14645)...", but the picture says 14545. I could be missing something though!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    They're mocking WoW,one moment you're fighting Ragnaros to save the world and the other you're enjoying the darkmoon fair.But its not that funny because taking WoW seriously has never been funny.
    Yeah pretty much, except it's only mocking 4.3, title is "Patch 4.3, Condensed." There's always been serious themes as well as playful themes in WoW; the fact that a Deathwing raid and Darkmoon Faire are being released in the same patch is what it's making fun of, because it's paradoxical. It's like... now that Deathwing has arrived, it's a perfect time to party!Not saying it's bad ^^ Only that the comic is making fun of how 4.3 is paradoxical.

Somehow the comic makes me think of Flintlocke

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Daily Blink, occasionally you're funny but not today
    Occasionally? I'd say never. I've never been a fan of any WoW comics but this is the worst. Hands down.

I don't get why people don't find that comic funny. If you think about it....... JK that was quite literally the least funny thing anyone has ever created, except perhaps for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Somehow the comic makes me think of Flintlocke
    Yeah totally. The dwarf, the *brake squeel* hover text <3

Yep.4.2.2 is already up on the edgesuite servers ready to be released after the maintenance.

As this is a comic for 4.3, it is Deathwing he is fighting and not Rag. And Seasoning, the monkey with the hat is in the faire, which is being given its own island in 4.3.

Patch 4.2.2 deployed in US realms ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I'm just slow but I'm failing to get the humor in this Daily Blink.