Combat text help needed

I would like to change the font and its size for the combat text when I do damage. In the screenshot you can see how big the fonts are displaying. How do I change the font, and also make it smaller? The current combat text is HUGE

Here's the link to the full size image so you can see how big the combat text is compared to my toon----it dwarfs my toon in size!
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-08-28 at 09:01 PM.

So is it the floating combat text (those numbers that pop up around your target) or the scrolling combat text (the ones which roll down the right side there) you want to change? Also out of curiosity do you know which addon you are using? If I had to guess (and I'd rather not as they all can be made to look the exact same) I'd say you are likely using Mik's Scrolling Battle Text in which case if you type /msbt you'll be able to edit it that way (font, size, behaviour everything).

Your floating combat text however appears to be the default one, some basic elements of this can be changed by going esc > Interface > Floating Combat Text, however to change more in depth things you will need to either get an addon or change the font for all of WoW (there are many sources which can tell you how to change WoW fonts if you just google, but note this will change the font anywhere it is used in WoW. The size of the font can also not be changed this way.

In completely unrelated news why do you need both scrolling and floating text?
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-08-28 at 09:02 PM.

Its default...
    I'm using Mike combat text, and you can see the damage on the right side...but I'd like the damage above the targets to be about as small as the damage shown by Mikes Combat Text

---------- Post added 2011-08-28 at 06:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    So is it the floating combat text (those numbers that pop up around your target) or the scrolling combat text (the ones which roll down the right side there) you want to change? Also out of curiosity do you know which addon you are using? If I had to guess (and I'd rather not as they all can be made to look the exact same) I'd say you are likely using Mik's Scrolling Battle Text in which case if you type /msbt you'll be able to edit it that way (font, size, behaviour everything).

Your floating combat text however appears to be the default one, some basic elements of this can be changed by going esc > Interface > Floating Combat Text, however to change more in depth things you will need to either get an addon or change the font for all of WoW (there are many sources which can tell you how to change WoW fonts if you just google, but note this will change the font anywhere it is used in WoW. The size of the font can also not be changed this way.

In completely unrelated news why do you need both scrolling and floating text?
    I want to change the conbat text that appears above the target so I can tell when my mind sear is hitting several targets, or just 1 or 2.

I dont need both scrolling and floating text...I've been trying addons out to see which one allows me to see the damage above the target thats being hit. I used to have it where the damage done to the target would splash up and alternate to the left and right....and now I dont know how to get that back...and I'd like to make the font smaller than whats in the picture I posted....its way too distracting

EDIT: Ok, so I figured out how to change the font, but how do I change the size so that the combat text above the target is smaller?
    Last edited by HeatM1ser; 2011-08-28 at 11:51 PM.