High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Shadow: Mooncloth or Satin Gear?

I noticed today the Mooncloth Arena gear has a pretty wicked 4 Set bonus compared to the Satin Gear. I haven't yet looked at the stats (I dont want to overload myself with too much spirit, if it's on all Mooncloth gear), but I'm getting to the point where I dont have anything to spend Conquest points on and wanted to know everyones opinion. As a shadow priest in arena, do you run with Satin Gear, or go for the 4 set from Mooncloth?

Normally, I dont need to get out of snares that often, between Fade+Dispersion, it's not a big deal. But the place I can see it being the most helpful is against rogues who put the slowing poison on thier daggers. I've been dealing a LOT better with Rogues lately* so I don't think I necessarily NEED it, but every little bit helps, right?

So, your humble opinions my shadowy co-horts?

*In one 2v2, it was down to me @ 4% Health and some mana and a Rogue at nearly full health, and since all my CDs were coming off, I somehow managed to pull a win out of the hat. =)
    Almost Epic - Short Stories and Musings of nearly epic proportions.

You should wear the Mooncloth. The 5% from Satin is barely anything at all. Movement speed help from the Mooncloth can and will save you 9/10 times.

15+ Year Old Account
    I only pvp on and off for achievements on my priest, but I use 4pc mooncloth with the Satin helm, reforge most of the spirit on the mooncloth to haste.

The 4pc bonus is really nice for getting out of smoke bombs, it's pretty much a mini freedom.

Like I said thought, I'm no rbg/arena superstar, I just arena for points and bg for chievs/fun.
    Last edited by soulyouth; 2011-08-29 at 09:08 PM.
    Sig by Safhira

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, I do the same thing Soulyouth.

I already have a few pieces of Satin, but I'll work on replacing all that then. I think I was a little hesitant, because I didn't want to admit to myself I wasted all that Conquest thus far. xP Oh, well.

Satin Head + 4/5 Mooncloth for serious PvP
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Satin shoulders + 4 mooncloth, mastery > spirit imo.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keRmis View Post
    Satin shoulders + 4 mooncloth, mastery > spirit imo.
    =) My plans exactly.