gnome priest racial question

i currently have a gnome priest if you couldnt tell by the title, and i have been looking at a lot of gear sets for the upcoming mogging option. the look of the gear is very unappealing to me on a gnome and i was thinking about doing a race change to something large enough that i could see more detail. my question is regarding the gnome racial for the bonus to mana. is it just the size of the mana pool that goes down or is it intel that goes down so id be losing out on spell crits and spell damage bc of that. im currently in firelands and in disc have 141k mana raid buffed no procs. i never have trouble being low on mana in either disc or shadow spec. so if all im going to lose is a bit of replenishment, id say screw it and go for the looks if i dont need it.

Deleted
    Only the mana pool. Intellect is not affected by it.

Do people even read tooltips anymore? The tooltip itself says "Mana pool", not "Intellect"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Do people even read tooltips anymore? The tooltip itself says "Mana pool", not "Intellect"...
    What's a tooltip?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    What's a tooltip?
    A tip for tools. Like you!

ZING

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobstarrr View Post
    A tip for tools. Like you!

ZING
    I hope you meant Bazinga!

If it's all about the looks, maybe this'll give you some inspiration.
    It costs you some real life money to change and all...

This is how i will make my priest looking.
    I think this fits better, even lorewise maybe, since Gnome priests are to be considered doctors.
    Doesn't quite look like a doctor, i know, but... she has the tranquilizer right in her hand and the medizine book in the other, so it's like some sort of engineerish operation assistant...

As others have said, it's mana-pool size and not intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by kalathoran View Post
    so if all im going to lose is a bit of replenishment, id say screw it and go for the looks if i dont need it.
    Don't forget about a bit of extra regen from Manafiend + Hymn of Hope! Though, I'm (almost) always of the opinion that character "looks" are more important than any racial. (Obviously, if you're pushing world-firsts, you're the exception to this.)
    Last edited by SonsofDisaster; 2011-08-29 at 09:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

thanks to all the actuall information and replys, to all the idiots whos reply is tooltip id just like to point out that never in the history of wow has a tooltip been wrong or ingame stats changed w/ tootip changes coming later... oh wait, like every patch.

thanks to all the actuall information and replys, to all the idiots whos reply is tooltip id just like to point out that never in the history of wow has a tooltip been wrong or ingame stats changed w/ tootip changes coming later... oh wait, like every patch.
    And I was going to reply that I can totally understand anyone who has been playing this game for any amount of time being skeptical of tooltips

Also as an aside... there was a debate going about if the gnome racial is now base mana instead mana gained from gear as well. Idk if it was ever proven either way though, there was lots of yelling about the tooltip says mana not base mana and stuff... but I hadn't seen anything aside from that. Anywho, the point is that if it is base mana then your mana hit might not be that huge.

Deleted
    I don't think it's base mana, I gained 6k~ mana when I rolled Gnome. (121k->127k~)

If that is accurate then it definitely wouldn't be base mana. Base mana for a lvl 85 priest is 20,590 and 5% of that is only 1,029.5....

http://www.wowpedia.org/Base_mana#Cataclysm
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Gnome_%28pla...#Racial_traits

It was tested and found to be max mana somewhere on this forum, but I'm not going to search for that post.

id just like to point out that never in the history of wow has a tooltip been wrong or ingame stats changed w/ tootip changes coming later... oh wait, like every patch.
    And this is the usual response I get from people when I tell them "read the tooltip". This isn't Vanilla, tooltips are actually correct and clear a lot of the time. What's to be confused about with "Mana pool increased by 5%" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Just to clarify, it's not base mana, it's total mana.

Same regen from the t12 pc bonus for gnomes and other races.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    And this is the usual response I get from people when I tell them "read the tooltip". This isn't Vanilla, tooltips are actually correct and clear a lot of the time. What's to be confused about with "Mana pool increased by 5%" ?
    I'd like to clarify and ask you where have you been this expansion... there have been quite a few times where they have specifically said "oh yea the tooltip for that is wrong" and fixed it in a later patch. Also the goblin racial would like a word with you.