Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    You're not the only one, many people share your view. The thing is that if one product offers even the slightest advantage over another, people flock to it in the masses so the statistics kinda get skewed in one direction ("I heard nVidia cards are great!" "Oh yeah? Alright I'll buy one!").
    Exactly, I would have loved to punk myself into getting one of the HD5000 series when they came out. But I got turned off the idea when my friends gfx of the same type died. So unlucky.
    If I had not been given the opportunity to get a GTX 580 Frozr II for almost nothing, I would be running AMD gfx these days. Fate would have me running nVidia it seems. So I'm skewing the statistics as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks for feedback everyone.
    I went with a Twin Frozr version of every card -omitted-.
    Alright, nice to know. That should keep the "quality" variable that haxartus and I was babbling about to a minimum. That should have been in the initial post, not just in the links. I missed it, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    I usually don't use stock coolers. Just buy a reference card and something like Accelero Xtreme Plus. It's better than the Twin Frozr.
    haxartus is right. Getting a good cooler for your graphicscard and CPU is a good idea. Reference coolers usually makes too much of a noise or has inferior cooling.
    I always purchase a better custom cooler everytime I buy gfx or cpu, it's worth it.
    Then again, it's about the money. But keep it in mind when you go looking for a new gfx or cpu. It's one of those "hidden quality variables" when deciding what to get.
    Last edited by Xadion; 2011-08-30 at 03:32 PM.
    Any post or reply from me is based on the knowledge and thought patterns relative to my mind. They are, in all fairness, subjective.
    I don't deal in absolutes as I believe in learning and adapting. My every action is a result of calculation and choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xadion View Post
    Alright, nice to know. That should keep the "quality" variable that haxartus and I was babbling about to a minimum. That should have been in the initial post, not just in the links. I missed it, sorry
    I should have mentioned that, you're right, my apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Xadion View Post
    haxartus is right. Getting a good cooler for your graphicscard and CPU is a good idea. Reference coolers usually makes too much of a noise or has inferior cooling.
    I always purchase a better custom cooler everytime I buy gfx or cpu, it's worth it.
    Then again, it's about the money. But keep it in mind when you go looking for a new gfx or cpu. It's one of those "hidden quality variables" when deciding what to get.
    This is why I typically recommend the Twin Frozrs with a lot of people here - GREAT cooling solution for a GPU.

---------- Post added 2011-08-30 at 10:48 PM ----------

Also, I just noticed a major blunder in all of my posts. I wasn't paying enough attention (it was 4 AM ish) and I failed to notice "CF" after the AMD cards. I left out SLi Nvidia cards, but was reporting CF'd AMD cards. I will be redoing the GPU assessment.

---------- Post added 2011-08-30 at 10:57 PM ----------

mistake corrected.
    /embarrassed.