Printer problem!

Hello everyone.

I have a HP LaserJet P4515x printer. It's a school task for me to make it work from the beginning, everything is set up correctly.

The only thing that isn't working is that my computer cannot find the printer, therefore i cannot print anything out on this printer.
    I did some research and it says here that there is a LAN-Problem with the I/U card.

Straight from the printer: LAN-Problem - Loss of carrier. I/U card not ready.

Would appreciate the help : >

Stood in the Fire skidmarksteve's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    can you press the buttons on the printer and print out a tech sheet... if you can get the IP address from that and try to ping it..

if i had to guess i would say the lan card/chip/device inside the printer has had it...
    Last edited by skidmarksteve; 2011-08-30 at 10:31 AM.

We have done that, and we get no signal from it at all.

Stood in the Fire skidmarksteve's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arazboy View Post
    Loss of carrier. I/U card not ready.
    means that the network card isnt ready... there could be a few different reasons for this...
    1. its broken
    2. you need to do something to make it ready? no idea what though
    3. even more unlikely the network cable between your computer and the printer is no good? (fail to see how this would make the card not ready)

Quote Originally Posted by arazboy View Post
    no signal from it at all.
    this means its not on your network at all... can you connect it up using USB or something else?