Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I used to have the #1 parse for this fight until all these staffs started popping out. I still hold it as demo but that is kind of a joke haha. I did around 78k 3 weeks ago which was before I got a lot of upgrades. Maximizing your rings, keeping your dots up, and using DS on CD are essential. Also during Firestorm (if you are doing this on heroic) you can channel drain soul from quite a distance away while LoSing behind the meteor. For normal mode you have lots of time to off dot the Hatchlings as she flies through the middle of the room. Take advantage of that!

Quote Originally Posted by smokieazgalor View Post
    I was day dreaming at work today and correct me if I'm wrong but... say as affliction going in air on 10 man I was to stand right on top of the voracious hatchling and be the one to get aggro on it thus getting the damage boost. Would he be able to hit me in the air? (I don't think so) and then I could soul swap and keep dots on hatchling and alysrazor for some ridiculous damage. Has anyone tried this? I'm assuming our dots on the voracious hatchling would do a lot more damage than tanks with this buff.
    If you take flight while imprinted, the bird will imprint another player, often not the tank, and cause bad things.

Only way you can be imprinted by a bird, and DPS them with the flying buff, is if you already have to buff, a tank happens to die while you are right next to the bird, you get a HoP from a friendly paladin, and hopefully kill the bird within the 10 seconds you have (which is actually possible, if you have 25 stacks of the flying buff, considering average DPS for a warlock with full stacks is 40-60k DPS, it would be 400-600k DPS, or 4-6M in 10 seconds). The pro/con of this tactic does not pan out favorably....

Quote Originally Posted by Neyzio View Post
    I used to have the #1 parse for this fight until all these staffs started popping out.
    Only because I've never flown before

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Only because I've never flown before
    I get my staff next week. No offense to you but your parses are not impressive at all especially considering you have that incredibly broken weapon

If you didn't mean offense what did you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Babb View Post
    The fire mage in my guild told me I should dot them cuz it does more damage to the boss somehow. I had never heard of this either, and was just curious. Is he full of crap? I know fire mages cleave a lot with their aoe, but I don't have a mage and don't know how that all works. Maybe he thought I could cleave or something? I dunno.
    fire mages can spread combustion over the 2 other adds , which gives them several ticks of 100k+ combustion on 3 targets at the same time ( hence they're very high sometimes ) , but this doesnt increase the damage on the boss , and only wastes you a gcd.

15+ Year Old Account
    originally ranked on #6 with 66k dps (25 man). pushed down to 25 cause of legendaries and multi dotting :<

Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    fire mages can spread combustion over the 2 other adds , which gives them several ticks of 100k+ combustion on 3 targets at the same time ( hence they're very high sometimes ) , but this doesnt increase the damage on the boss , and only wastes you a gcd.
    Fire mages using the initiates to spread dots is a dps increase on the boss itself. I am not familiar with fire mage mechanics myself but the fire mage in our guild is absolutely not the person to cheese meters (and our logs are private so hes not going for any sort of WoL rank), and he says pulling the initiates into the boss is a very significant dps increase on the boss itself.

Your mage is lying to you so he can pad lol. Not that 1 gcd is going to make or break the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by cleotaurus View Post
    Fire mages using the initiates to spread dots is a dps increase on the boss itself. I am not familiar with fire mage mechanics myself but the fire mage in our guild is absolutely not the person to cheese meters (and our logs are private so hes not going for any sort of WoL rank), and he says pulling the initiates into the boss is a very significant dps increase on the boss itself.
    your mage is correct, if you have dots on 3 or more targets you gain a large increase to your haste from the talent pyromaniac

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire mages get 10% haste if they have dots on 3 targets. seems lots of ppl dont know that.
    OP, Mastery would, I think, be best IF you can keep Alysra's Razor up on you with a decent uptime. If you cant, then Crit is higher then Mastery. If you have it on you say, half way into phase 2, then, yea, Mastery is best secondary stat for this fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10% haste when you are gcd capped does nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Neyzio View Post
    10% haste when you are gcd capped does nothing
    I know, dots tick just as fast, regardless of haste, because haste only affects the cast time on your spells, amirite? When fire mages have 2 dots that are ticking for 150k+ and 50k+, 10% haste is a significant dps boost

No I had no idea bro thanks for informing me. However the only dot that matters (combustion) that scales really well with haste is already up when you get the 10% haste bonus, which btw does not get updated after its applied.