10+ Year Old Account

An idea for Shamans (PvP)

I was thinking of things that could benefit shamans to make them up to, or almost up to par with every other class. This could be for all 3 specs, or just for ele specifically. My idea stuck in my head, and I wanted to get it out. As we all know, ele is a wee bit gimped ( compared to all the other classes )for overall control and movement.

So the ability I was thinking of was this, a "disengage" for Shamans. Hunters' disengage allows them to get the hell out of where ever they need to run from, and it jumps them backwards however many yards. Now this could be a totem, or just a regular spell, since we probably don't need anymore totems added to the already 10 - 15 we already have. >.< I was thinking that this animation for the spell could be a wind gust of some sort lifting the caster and doing a disengage-like move. Or another option could be if instead of disengaging, it could be a heroic leap-like ability. Either way, it gives Shamans a little buff to our movement and control. some names could be "Nature's Gust" or "totem of the winds"

Tell me your thoughts, tell me how you think this could play out in the game, is it overpowered... is it too much? is it what we need? Do we even need more control to be up to par with other classes?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shaman PVP Elemental is fine.

The only one we can't beat imo is feral druids. stun, stun, thunderfuck them away, leap, stun, dead by some insane amount of crit.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Um. Thunderstorm puts distance between you and your enemy, instant cast ghost wolf is a huge movement boost, and earthbind totem is a very effective form of control, especially when spec'ed. Hex + wind shear are very powerful as well.

Deleted
    I don't think a disengage is needed for Elemental shamans in PVP right now. Thunderstorm is already here for that (yes most of the time melee can come right back on you, but that's what they do, deal with it).
    The only thing Elemental is missing right now is a bit of burst survivability. A short damage reduction button would be nice for those times when you're under heavy fire.
    And that would have to be Elemental only. Any buff to resto shamans right now would be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ask View Post
    I don't think a disengage is needed for Elemental shamans in PVP right now. Thunderstorm is already here for that (yes most of the time melee can come right back on you, but that's what they do, deal with it).
    The only thing Elemental is missing right now is a bit of burst survivability. A short damage reduction button would be nice for those times when you're under heavy fire.
    And that would have to be Elemental only. Any buff to resto shamans right now would be stupid.
    It could come with outbound healing reduction so that it wouldn't be viable for resto, but nice for ele and enh.