Extremely Annoying Problem - Need Help!

Disclaimer: I wouldn't have started a thread here if i had other options! But i have tried everything from asking people i know and friends who knows a lot about computers in general, i have also called various computer-stores and still had no results. This is a last option for me, otherwise i don't know what the hell to do...

As the title says, i have recently had problems with an extremely annoying ''bug'' that seems to occur on my computer, for reasons i am not quite sure of!

Basically, what happens is that for some reason a bug occurs at seemingly random times without the touch of any buttons or anything, where the help menu's from programs starts popping up when i click on their icon. For instance, the Windows Help Menu is what ''initiates'' the process, it pops up (seemingly, to me at least) for no reason, and i cannot click it off, it just insta-pops right back up. I cannot open the Start-Menu either (Windows button or manual click) It just switches to the Help Menu that is popped up.

When i click on Spotify, my web browser (Mozilla Firefox) Opens a new tab with the Spotify Help link. When clicking most other programs such as programs for my components (Keyboard & Headset) their help-menu's also pop up. There's only a few programs where the help-menu's aren't triggered, most likely because it can't be triggered that easily.

So i obviously asked some friends for help first. And one of my friends told me it's likely something with my Mouse that hits F1 (Which apparently opens the standard Microsoft Windows Help Menu normally) However, i haven't come anywhere near the F1 key... I am using a Razer Naga, and have keybound all the 12 keys on the side to F1 through F12, however i haven't touched the F1 key.

Now, what is REALLY weird, is that i recently tried using my Razer Naga on my Laptop as well, WITHOUT installing the wow-addon OR the driver first. And the SAME problem happened on the Laptop, even tho i hadn't bound the buttons on the side to F1 through F12? So i figured it had to be something with the Mouse itself that had gone wrong.. but i have had 2 Razer Naga's the past month, and the problem has been there on BOTH.. which kind of makes no sense?

So, hopefully this wall of text didn't insta-kill you all, ANY constructive feedback is well appreciated!

Thanks in advance //Swiftzy
    <Novum Genus> - Tarren Mill Horde

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's obviously an issue with the Naga since it only occurs on your machines that have a Naga attached to them. Have you tried changing the switch on the bottom?
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Well, it's obviously an issue with the Naga since it only occurs on your machines that have a Naga attached to them. Have you tried changing the switch on the bottom?
    Thats sort of what i figured as well, but then again, i don't really see how it can happen with both of my Naga's, wouldn't it happen to a LOT of other people too if that was the case? The switch on the bottom was set to 123, switched it to NUM but i doubt' that's the problem.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftzy View Post
    Thats sort of what i figured as well, but then again, i don't really see how it can happen with both of my Naga's, wouldn't it happen to a LOT of other people too if that was the case? The switch on the bottom was set to 123, switched it to NUM but i doubt' that's the problem.
    I would check with what buttons are mapped to what. My nagas(exchanged the first because of this) side buttons near the left click had a bad habit of getting 'stuck' when I first got them. So if they're mapped in windows to Help or something it could cause issues.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

15+ Year Old Account
    try a different mouse. if it works fine then it's clearly the mouse.

i just had a problem like this at work, someone was using two different wireless things (keyboard and mouse, different receivers and different drivers) and the keyboard would keep opening up the help box just the same. switched to a wired keyboard, 0 problems. turned out to be the wrong drivers that were installed for the keyboard that were causing the issues
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

So it could be the Keyboard as well? Keyboard drivers that is? Cuz i've been using the same keyboard each time this has happened. Using the keyboard for the laptop as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    no, i'm saying it was a similar issue so do the obvious thing and use a different mouse and see if the problem continues. if it does, try a different keyboard
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Alright, thanks Much appreciated! Hopefully it'll work.