Need a new Laptop for school

hello everyone, college student in USA

so i want to buy a new laptop for school, now this laptop is not going to be use for any type of gaming. im going to be using it for programing classes that use visual studios and eclipse to write code and run that code, other then that i don't need anything great.

im look to spend somewhere around 500-1k so i was wondering what would u guys recommend.

thanks
    Last edited by pyrotemplar; 2011-08-31 at 09:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    which country are you looking to buy/use it in?

---------- Post added 2011-08-31 at 10:26 PM ----------

If by chance your in england, there are plenty of "back to school" deals on at Novatech, Scan and LaptopsDirect etc...

Most of those averaging about £300, including extras like a bag, mouse etc... and it comes bundled with Windows 7 Home

oh right sorry lol, im in the states so im looking at Dollars

Deleted
    I'd highly suggest you to look at some of apple's stuff, I'm using a macbook pro for my programming/school and it is quite the sause. The pro's are slightly out of your budget but the normals ones should do fine as well.

If you wouldn't want to buy a mac due to not knowing the OS and such, it takes less then an hour to get to a place where you're comfortable with it and probably not even 3 days 'til you feel like you've never used anything else. =)

Hope you'll find this useful and if not, hope you'll find a laptop that fits you better!

thanks Sholdar but im not a big fan of Macs, ive used them before and really want to stick with windows. but thanks for the suggestion.

Check out this Asus G53SW, amazing for gaming/ any other hardware intesive task AND have incredible cooling. Only $50 out of budget, but has a faster than normal laptop HDD, a 2630 QM, and a GTX 460M. Plus it looks sick.

Only bad thing is that it comes with a bit of bloatware =/

GTX 560 TI stable at 1GhZ
    PCPartPicker Love it.