Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Personally I think Mandokir sounds like him. But the accent makes it a lil hard to be 100% sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    Bunch of Rudolph fanbois.
    But Rudolph IS Metzen.

Warcraft is Metzen's game, so it makes sense that he voices every last character.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    I've heard some pretty shitty reasons to stop playing, but you sir take the fucking cake.. And then you throw against the wall 'cause eggs were used to make it, citing all the other things that are made with eggs.. Ridiculous.
    LoL, that is one way to say it.

Anyway,I guess Metzen does the voice of Lady Sylvanas too?

I want them to hire Frank Welker.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...56691?page=1#0

I'm trying to collect all of the complaints regarding the transmogrifier, and put them together with reasonable solutions in that thread. Please visit that thread and help support the solutions to these complaints.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RestMyCase View Post
    Anyway,I guess Metzen does the voice of Lady Sylvanas too?
    Please stop ruining my fantasies.

At any rate, all voices except Gnomish ones sound good enough for me.
    "Oh yay! Happy little deer!
    Now they can grow up and have ADVENTURES.
    You're swell. "

- Mylune
    (aww... she said I'm swell <3 )

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    LOL! One of the main reasons you left an in-depth game like WoW, is cause of the voice-overs.. Seriously?! It never occurred to you to turn off your speakers? Or maybe here's one.. STOP YOUR WHINING?! I've heard some pretty shitty reasons to stop playing, but you sir take the fucking cake.. And then you throw against the wall 'cause eggs were used to make it, citing all the other things that are made with eggs.. Ridiculous.
    Oh... ok so why should I have quit playing then? Tell me what the right answer is, please. I don't want to be wrong on the internet.
    Cataclysm? The Shattering? Are we talking about the expansion or the state of the WoW playerbase?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joholy View Post

Effort is for chumps.
    Dude you just made my life worth living

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    But he is.
    Deathwing has had 3 different voices in Cataclysm so far and none of them have been Metzen.

Auriaya is Rita Repulsa. Sindragosa and Herald Volazj are the same person.

metzen photoshop thread GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    They said they hired pro voice actors. While Metzen might like his own voice, it's still not THAT many voices he do.
    Which is ironic because the voice acting in Cataclysm is the worst amateur stuff I've ever heard with the hesitating and uneven pitch. The best was in BC & Wrath. Can forgive the weak stuff from Vanilla. None of it compares to their best work from Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3. But cutting costs and skimping in every part of production nowadays will do that.

---------- Post added 2011-09-02 at 12:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Why do you need so much proof when it doesn't even ''sound'' like Metzen? He isn't exactly hard to recognise.

Tbh I think Metzen does a pretty good job at the characters he does voice. He's no Cam Clarke, but hell, nobody is.
    That's the problem, it does sound like Metzen. Why go through all that trouble to hire a new actor just to have it sound like Metzen? I hear the actor wanted more money so they canned him and the actor who came after him and are working with a new actor for the upcoming raid dialog. So they've gone through 3 actors for like the 20 lines of dialog Deathwing will have in all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    Why does it even matter? I don't play with my sound on bc half the time I'm on vent, and we all know there's always that one guy on vent who's so low you can hardly make out what he's saying. I also know for a fact he didn't voice deathwing...you can actually google the voice actors for video games it's really not too complex of a task.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuckmouth View Post
    Oh... ok so why should I have quit playing then? Tell me what the right answer is, please. I don't want to be wrong on the internet.
    Boredom? Not enough money or time to keep playing.. Bad experiences, There are many, MANY reasons to quit.. But voice-acting should not be one of them. That just shows a big lack of conviction, and if you don't have the little conviction it takes to keep playing through "bad voice-acting" then you must quit a lot of things for very frivolous reasons.. Example; Quitting a well-paying job that you like to do, soley 'cause they won't let you wear a blue shirt to work... Pretty silly reason, yes?
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarog View Post
    Metzen is an artist/department coordinator who does voice acting, not a professional voice actor in his own right. He doesn't have the voice acting ability to make his Go'el voice sound significantly different from his Varian voice, from his Ragnaros voice, from his Nefarian voice, from his Rexxar voice, from his Saurfang Junior voice, from his generic orc npc voice.
    I have a lot of difficulty distinguishing people from each other, including by their voice, yet even I can tell Thrall from Nefarian. It's all about tone and manner of speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggiej View Post
    Who voice acts Metzen?!
    God.

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    Which is ironic because the voice acting in Cataclysm is the worst amateur stuff I've ever heard with the hesitating and uneven pitch. The best was in BC & Wrath. Can forgive the weak stuff from Vanilla. None of it compares to their best work from Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3. But cutting costs and skimping in every part of production nowadays will do that.
    It really depends on which characters you're talking about. Pretty much all of the bosses sound great, or at least fine. Some of the minor NPC questgivers, however, sound terrible. But, as said, they're only minor characters. Most of them you hear once or twice and that's that.

10+ Year Old Account
    metzen does a good job with thrall and varian but the one voice i hate is sylvanas's she should of been voiced by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn
    anything cam clarke is awesome his maylgos was awesome and his blood elf is hilarious.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Deleted
    Well, it's probably because back in the original World of Warcraft they didn't spend so much on voice acting. And because Metzen does have a good voice for things like this, they went with him for Nefarian and Ragnaros.

Thrall was already voiced by him back in Warcraft III, so that had to stay.

Nowadays Blizzard does use far more voice actors than back then, but they couldn't just change the voice for Nefarian and Ragnaros for continuation sake. And just because this expansion features Thrall, Nefarian and Ragnaros... that's why you notice.

The only character I think should have been voiced differently is Varian. He is rather new, so they had chances to make him different.
    But then again, I guess he's too important for the future of WoW to let someone else do it. What if the voice actor decides to be a jackass just like the one who voiced Arthas? I can see why they let Metzen do it instead.

In the end, yes maybe they should've used more voice actors back then. But those times are gone, we'll have to deal with it now.
    Do I think they should hire more voice actors for the future? Yes, because there is room for improvement.

---------- Post added 2011-09-02 at 03:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    It really depends on which characters you're talking about. Pretty much all of the bosses sound great, or at least fine. Some of the minor NPC questgivers, however, sound terrible. But, as said, they're only minor characters. Most of them you hear once or twice and that's that.
    Well, Aronus comes to mind. You know, the green drake that flies you to Hyjal for the introduction? God, his voice acting is the worst I've ever heard.
    He even has a very weird way of pronouncing "obliterated", it sounds so fake. Everytime I level an alt through this zone I mute the sound for this quest. It's THAT bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you guys the him so much? I mean sure, he does a lot of voice acting, but you see to have forgottenthe beautiful silky smooth creature that was Algalons voice
    Kind of why vigilantism isn't a policy to be proud of. It's rather like trying to solve a rat problem by beating them to death with a live cobra.

Wait so you...play with the sound on? Revelations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traknel View Post
    Yes it is. In fact, the next expansion is going to be called "Mists of Metzen" and is just going to be various mobs with his face stuck on them.
    Heh "Mists of Metzen" Now that I like.