Buzz from speakers!!!

So I purchased a new pc from cyberpc some time ago. i always had this buzz problem with my old speakers but i figured it was because they were old and they weren't very loud. Then I bought new speakers and noticed the problem stayed. In fact, the new speaker emit this noise so loudly I can't even use the computer with sound on anymore. The tech guy from cyberpc insists that its the grounding. I tried plugging the pc into diff outlets around the apartment but that noise doesn't go away. I was wondering if someone here might have a different answer? or could this whole apartment be ungrounded? whatever that means. Please help!

Have you tried moving the speakers to a different spot? grounding could be one cause, but so could interference (poorly shielded power cables in the wall, radio interference, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    Have you tried moving the speakers to a different spot? grounding could be one cause, but so could interference (poorly shielded power cables in the wall, radio interference, etc)
    if i connect the ipod to the same speakers with the charger plugged in, there's no noise

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't sound like this, does it?

"A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    It doesn't sound like this, does it?

Nope. It sounds more like a.. dial tone almost? its like zeee zeeee zeee zeze zeeeeee zeee

Well, my X-530 sometimes plays radio... xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't have your phone near the speakers do you? My speakers make weird noises when my phone rings or gets a text.

Something like zee zee ze / da daaaa da (semi-serious)

EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Deleted
    And if its not the above - is the sound more prominent when doing something that requires CPU use.

For example, running a game, or scrolling with the mouse wheel in a browser.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2011-09-01 at 10:50 AM.

My speakers have a bad habit of playing Russian radio if the volume button isn't at least on ~35% Doesn't matter how much the computer volume is set to though. I usually have my speakers at 40% to avoid listening to crappy Russian radio and control the volume through my computer...

Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    No. This noise continues even when my cellphone is off and I don't live next to a giant cell tower or anything.

---------- Post added 2011-09-01 at 12:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    And if its not the above - is the sound more prominent when doing something that requires CPU use.

For example, running a game, or scrolling with the mouse wheel in a browser.
    Yes. When I have starcraft running the noise becomes louder. Although that doesn't happen on deus ex. It's really weird. Also it sometimes gets louder briefly when I open a new window or something

I managed to quiet it down by turning down the speakers own volume control. PC volume control has no effect on this noise. I can still hear it too well when I'm playing games tho. sigh