Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Saw a dk tank stacking a lot and i mean a lot of hit. I asked him why and he said: so my heals wont miss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by creepygnome View Post
    Um.. actually I am currently on Alterac Mountains, but the pally I was referring to was on gonnacrash, and it was back in kara days. Like mid BC, and she was in melee during boss fights with cleaves. I do understand that back in the day some cloth was BiS but it was still annoying to rez them all the time. I don't begrudge those that take the drops that are upgrades, but I also never understood plate wearers choosing to wear cloth instead of plate.

---------- Post added 2011-09-01 at 07:40 PM ----------

It was the combination of being in cloth, and being in melee range. I think they died every fight, even trash pulls.
    Well thats a crazy coincidence. Anyway, I did this in late bc, early wrath.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of my early toons was a shammy, not knowing anything about shammys at all, being guildless and not bothering to research the class one iota, I balanced all my stats as it seemed to me that shammys used them all, so yup i had near perfectly even stats thanks to gear bonuses, wearing a combo of mail, cloth and leather. omg the shame...

back when I played on my priest the main resto shaman in the guild once turned down a neck that was an obvious upgrade in every aspect but one... he said he didn't want it because it had less.... STAMINA uh... the sad thing was he was 100% dead serious too. :S

*edit* am talking about the neck Halfus drops. Pretty sad considering he healed with us all thru ICC so I would have expected him to know better :S
    Last edited by Nasriel; 2011-09-02 at 01:22 AM.

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Hunter stacking intellect because he was, "an arcane shot hunter"

O RLY

I'm sure I did plenty of stupid things myself, but while leveling in Vanilla I came across a pally wearing a cloth chestpiece "of Fiery Wrath". Never did find out why though...

At the start of Wrath, I somehow ended up in a PUG UK run with a warlock with abysmally low DPS. A quick inspect showed they were stacking defense/stamina - including TBC defense trinkets - "because it helps the Felguard!"
    And while gearing my new Horde druid - so it must have been mid-Wrath - I ended up a a LFD UK(H) with a rogue wearing the epic crafted spellpower leather gear and doing about 200DPS, although that guy really had no idea, as he'd "only just bought the account from eBay."

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a dk on my server that used to gem spirit, because i quote.... "I dont wanna pull threat off the tank"
    "My redemption, lies in your demise" - Randy Blythe, Vocalist of Lamb of God.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    Priest in vanilla, stacking agility for more spell crit -.- I asked my GM to kick him after I saw that.
    Well, believe it or not, but in beta that was true. Agility was adding to spell stats because it was... ranged. I don't remember if this was removed in beta or it was carried over in early vanilla.
    Little known fact but it's the same as with intellect for melee classes to help gain weapon skills - AFK in full intellect gear while smacking a servant of Razelikh with fast weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by bnj2 View Post
    Well, believe it or not, but in beta that was true. Agility was adding to spell stats because it was... ranged. I don't remember if this was removed in beta or it was carried over in early vanilla.
    Little known fact but it's the same as with intellect for melee classes to help gain weapon skills - AFK in full intellect gear while smacking a servant of Razelikh with fast weapons.
    Actually it was because Disc priests were originally intended to be a monk style spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Back in wrath , their was a few bad dk that used sp....but now I laugh when i see hunters using falcon gear now...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I have not met anyone as retarded as the ones listed here but I did meet a paladin who stacked as much haste as possible lol.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    **Not bothering to read through the first 4 pages.

A hunter rolling on a piece of cloth gear with spirit and int back in BC....
    "SP makes my arcnae shot hit harder."

^---spelled that way and everything. I have a screen shot laying around here somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by creepygnome View Post
    Ok, I had never heard that BC was bad for pally itemization, as far as plate gear. I remember in wrath that there wasn't a lot of leather gear that was good for resto either. But as a priest, it was always really hard to swallow when someone who can wear other gear needs on one of the few pieces that I can even equip. Granted that is why they added the armor specialization.
    I think it's difficult to understand unless you've been on the other end of it, if that makes sense - having to look to lower armor pieces because their stats were so much better. As for taking mail/leather/cloth over a person who can ONLY use that armor - well that's a topic for another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    My first character in WoW was a retri pala. I was stacking intellect because I didn't want to have a dumb character.
    lol, my first Paladin ran around in 'of the Gorilla' I think it was. Whichever the Intellect/Strength combo is.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Back in wrath , their was a few bad dk that used sp....but now I laugh when i see hunters using falcon gear now...
    I often wonder why they didn't utilise another class being able to use Plate Spellpower gear, like maybe one DK spec. It would kind of go hand in hand with some other changes they've made to try and cut down on loot being wasted if that spec wasn't represented in your group.

My first guild a girl threw a fit over not getting a pink cloth robe from Ahn Qiraj over a mage, as a female druid because it was pink. It was a mage item

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seen a few ret/prot paladins with weird amounts of mana in cataclysm, between 35k and 50k. I inspect, and see they're wearing some caster plater xD
    Also, back when I was a hunter noob and they had mana, I found out when i logged on the guy the other day I had my shoulders gemmed with intellect
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    "HUNTER WEAPON!!!" (I hope y'all Vanilla/TBC players remember that :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Thailog View Post
    Saw a dk tank stacking a lot and i mean a lot of hit. I asked him why and he said: so my heals wont miss.
    Well, he is right, at least for now. DS will miss and you don't get healed. Stacking hit is not the best choice, but definitely not unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Thailog View Post
    You got trolled.

I'll just do the self troll:

Back in late WotLK I tanked heroic 5 mans and raid weeklys (including the ICC heroics) in ret, for the lol's. Had a nice ICC25 2H and some ridiculous amount of Dodge & Parry, over 30% dodge, that made tanking heroics a nightmare (mana wise unless I wore half of my holy set) in prot spec. I did however insure I trolled by jumping around saying I was a DK Tank.

Oh Defense stat, how I miss you

Tanked as Unholy on a DK, upto and including Trial (of my patience) and the Ice Watcher in VoA; was Disc Healing ICC25HM with my guild so didn't Unholy Tank in ICC. My DK only ever saw 1 boss in that, as Frost DW where I came 2nd on the DPS charts and I was in all emblem/icc heroic gear at that stage for it's dps set, I trolled a fellow officer/melee dps lead about that one for weeks...

In ICC days on my disc priest I had over 20% haste and spirit/mp5 on all items. We lost our Holy Pally during ICC25HM progression so I was on Tank Healing duties. Almost 1 second cast time Flash Heal.

Had a hunter friend who made me use Blessing of Wisdom on him (And who had +MP5 on his gear) because of his "mana issues".

In BC I started leveling a hunter once to that I had a stupid amount of Agil/Spirit mail gear. Not even I can explain that last one...

Back in WotLK in patch 3.3.5 I had a hunter (horrible hunter, mind you) Loot master tell me that a fury warrior's worst stat is Armor Penetration (which at the time if you can reach 100% Armor Penetration or very close it becomes your best stat by far) and would not give a fury warrior DBW. Made me mad let me tell you.