Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    After all the damn publicity of his first NOOOOOOO why the hell would you slap it into the second, and into one of the more memorable scenes of the Originals. Sometimes I just want to punch George Lucas for his continued rape of Star Wars. It was fine as it origonally was, stop changing it.

yeah right after they release bladerunner 2....

To anyone interested in the original, unaltered version of Star Wars, it is still available in DVD. It is the disc set with Luke and Darth striking lightsabers on the cover and with a lot of blue coloring.

---------- Post added 2011-09-07 at 03:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    *sigh*

If you think the movies are going to be so terrible... just don't watch them?
    Nobody is forcing (hah) you to watch them.
    The issue is that some of us would like to have the original films on Blue Ray. You know: remastered audio, slight color correction and noise reduction, high quality upsampling. You are right, I don't need to watch this piece of shit, ruined version of the trilogy. I can watch my original version on DVD. But the fact that the original version will never again be available on new formats is saddening to the true Star Wars fans.
    Last edited by Howard Moon; 2011-09-07 at 01:01 PM.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be interesting to see how Star Wars would have fared if all the changes he made so far were included in the original from the get go (for argument's sake, say the CGI tech was a staple of movies released at the same time, or at least in use). It's impossible to say, but I honestly believe it wouldn't have done as well, part of the charm of the originals was the hokey make up of the puppets, and as I've basically got to mention the Han thing (it's an obligation when discussing the changes), him shooting first is the character. That was his thing, he made rash decisions in the spur of the moment, (look at leaving and subsequently returning at the end of a new hope, or going out by himself to find luke in empire), by slowing him down and making him shoot in retaliation, yeah it makes him look more heroic, but he's not a hero at that point. He's a smuggler, he owes money to Jabba, his boss, it kills off his character development because he's been changed to the alignment he originally came to at the end of the movie.

I respect that it's Lucas' IP, but he really needs to stop fucking around with it, just to make it more accessible to children. It's destroying his credibility (if it's not already dead) with his old fan base whilst at the same time all but completely failing to bring in any new, younger fans.