25 man ragnaros discipline healing

Specifically the phases in question is phase 3 and 5 (2 and 3 if you don't count transitions as phases.) Phase 1 is pretty straight forward. My question about these phases is when should I bubble spam for seeds (to mitigate the initial damage and hopefully to start getting ready for the AoE.) The other question I have for phase 5 is should I then just solely tank heal or should I be spot healing the few dps who eat a tick or 2 of flames?

Heal comp we have:
    Disc priest (me)
    holy priest (not me)
    2 holy palis
    resto druid
    resto shammy or druid

We usually have about 6 heals for the fight sometimes 7 depending on the dps who are there. This is for normal 25 rag only please don't post for heroic rag.

This is not a stat theorycrafting question either please. Lets try not to redefine things in here please I would like to keep this on topic and specifically related to Rag.

Any feedback relating to this is appreciated! <3
    -Meff

For seeds, I don't think bubble spamming will really be necessary. You should have enough raid CDs to manage it (Barrier, Aura Mastery x2, Spirit Link, Tranquility, Divine Hymn x2, etc, not even including raid walls). The damage shouldn't be THAT much unless people place the seeds close to the raid (which they shouldn't be).

Phase 3 (which you're calling Phase 5), there's minimal damage on the raid so you could throw most of your healing to the tanks (especially if your tank healers are fixated). By the time P3 hits, it's a matter of managing meteors and execution. Raid deaths will be from lava wave fails or meteor fails. Tank deaths will generally be no healers in range of the tanks (typically due to kiting meteors), and I don't think that will be an issue in 25m with there being so many healers. Honestly, you could probably 1-3 heal in P3 with no issues (which converts to about 1-2 healing in 10m, since I'm not as familiar with 25m).

EDIT: Oh, I believe I misread what you were asking. The INITIAL seed damage (like from when they spawn, not when they explode ><) In that case, feel free to bubble spam. I bubble spam the people who took a bit of a hit from the seeds, not so much on the people who are completely topped off (and I toss my Renews and PoM accordingly). You might want to consider using Inner Will for seeds for the movement speed and because you'd be using instant casts.
    Last edited by Ellumina; 2011-09-02 at 09:57 PM.

For phase 2 (seeds phase), be sure that everyone is spread out such that they're getting blown away by seed damage (I know this may seem obvious, but, honestly, no one should be getting killed by initial seed explosion UNLESS they are not spread far enough apart). Once you stack up to AOE the seeds down, be sure to pop (at least) one damage reduction CD (PW:B, Aura Mastery, Raid Wall, Spirit Link) AND one +healing CD (Tranquility, Guardian, Divine Hymn x 2). Be sure that you have at least one healer to be responsible for tank healing during the AOE.

The tanks should be the ones taking the majority of the damage in phase 3 (meteor phase), but definitely do not have ALL healers concentrate solely on the tanks. If someone fails, you need to be sure to have raid heals to keep them on. I would recommend having two healers assigned to each tank so that, if one of the healers has to run a meteor, there should still be one healer in range of the tank. In the unfortunate event that both healers on a single tank are fixated by a meteor, they NEED to communicate this on vent so that another healer can emergency tank heal while the meteors are handled.

As a side-note, have you tried reducing the number of healers you are bringing to this fight? Honestly, it's not a particularly demanding fight on the healers and you should be able to comfortably 4-/5-heal it. You might even notice that dropping a couple healers for DPS makes the fight significantly easier as you should be able to push phase transitions quicker (and get him down before you become overrun with meteors!). In terms of CDs/utility, I'd recommend trying the following composition: Discipline Priest (PW:B, PI, Divine Hymn), Holy Paladin x 2 (Aura Mastery, Divine Guardian), Restoration Druid (Tranquility, awesome spot-raid heals for P3), and then (possibly) one swing-healer of any class/spec. Obviously, your experience may vary, but our guild INSTANTLY found the fight much, much easier when we dropped a healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Phase 5 I smite. That's it. I just smite.
    I'm just kidding, I only smite like 90% of phase 5.
    I run from meteors 8% of the time and I throw pity shields for last 2%.
    I can't reach the tank but even if I could, healing is so trivial in Phase 5 I wouldn't bother. Our 2 holy pallies and resto druid are already overkill healing the tanks.

The only time I really bubble spam is when seeds are going out and even then it's only 3-5 shields to the first 3-5 people that take damage/people with the lowest hp because once you reach the stack point they're pretty much safe. Other than that, the only time I shield is to keep rapture on cd.