Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Revengica View Post
    I think they're just misleading us...the patent was clear it was not a comic book or whatever..it was clearly digital
    Reminds me of when they were trying to mislead us with Cataclysm, saying Garwal was changed because he didn't fit in to any pet trees yet poeple had tamed a Slime and Hydra that were apparently Crocalisks... they're not very good at trying to mislead us or they think we are stupid enough to be mislead by some lames excuses like those.

You don't patent CDs or online game content if it's going to be a comic book or something...
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by AmyCape View Post

Hahaha. Idiots like you that got jobs at development houses are the reason the term Fake Difficulty exists and is a joke used only a punchline these days. Luckily for me, and every other person with a life who doesn't play 40 hours a week, Blizzard disagrees, and you can continue crying while I steamroll heroics and buy your precious purple gear with my points.

Don't worry, when you grow up and take on the responsibilities of a grown up like the rest of us, you'll start to play games as a pass time, a hobby for entertainment, and not as a job that you can fill the void in your life with pretend items, titles or purple letters to feel like you have accomplished anything in life.
    What? Did you read the rest of my post? Fake difficulty is some kind of brainretarded trick like gating, I didn't mean that.

You don't need to play 40 hours a week to enjoy this game, where would've this myth come from.

Heroics are for people like YOU. If you want them to be steamrolled, well, you are doing yourself a disservice, because your are gonna end the content so fast that you will end up with nothing to do, because blizzards is so slow in delivering a fresh one for you to farm and ravage, without any heart or passion for the people you play with.
    That's why theres a locking system for heroic dungeons, they are meant to be a progress in a sense. In the original draft they were meant to be raids for 5 people, specifically aimed to people with less time. If you feel that this is somewhat unfair then...you are damaging yourself.

I'm not even gonna comment on the last part. What do you know of me? Do you think I have all the time I want? Do you think I have zero responsibilities? What the hell is wrong with you?
    Last edited by plosion; 2011-09-03 at 08:17 AM.

That was some news bad reporting. Some of the stuff you credited to Chilton and Street are actually from the Gamasutra acticle writer, and his non-Blizz "experts", NOT from Chilton or Street.

Eg.

•They realize some people quit because they made the content more accessible to everyone and it no longer felt elite.

•Raids are significantly harder than they were in WotLK, but the rewards are not much better than heroic five man rewards. This causes a lack of motivation to raid.

Are direct quotes of this guy: Thomas Debeauvais, of UC Irvine's Department of Informatics, who has nothing to do with Blizz.
    Last edited by Cakka; 2011-09-03 at 08:29 AM. Reason: all the text got clumped together...

Also if other things in the game gets a bit harder (or more grindy), the content would also last longer and people wouldnt sit around at max level and waiting for free epics.There were casual players back in Vanilla and TBC too.Some only leveled their char and that took them quite a while to achieve that. I think that was okay for most of themThese days you rush to 85 and for example the reputation are maxed out while doing some dungeons which you never found on the map. You just teleport their, do your job and get your rewards.Could you imagine doing a 5m these days with looking/building a group for yourself. Traveling all the way there.Running through it in 1-2 hours or more and eventually not getting a single reward like an item or some xy points?People did that back then and they had their fun.People are spoiled these days.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyCape View Post
    Link your armory, with your HM kill achieves dated to when it was current content.

Oh wait, you won't do that. You're just another TotalBuscuit, bitching about content when a quick armory inspection will show you never even did it.

---------- Post added 2011-09-03 at 07:57 AM ----------

Did you even listen to Chilton at BlizzCon? Path of the Titans was something you would essentially do an action every single day (In his words. "It's accomplished on a day to day basis at the same rate, a casual playing for an hour will progress at the same rate as someone who invests more time") that would give bonuses that were identical to what is achieved with glyphs. They were nothing more than ANOTHER equivalent of a daily quest, which you just complained about in the same post.[COLOR="red"]
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Why do I want to listen to Blizzard about what they're putting into the game? I learned not to listen to them when the whole Dance Studio BS happened. Everyone wanted that more than Path of the Titans. Both ideas got scraped though. GG. Also, TotalBiscuit can say what ever opinion about w/e content he wants. Just as much as you and I can. Also, armoy inspection? What if you got the wrong one? What if they gave you the wrong character. You are obviously not them so you are not going to know what character they did HM on. They don't have to prove you either because WoTLK is easy. I quit raiding before Uldaur. Why? Because I can. Tired of raiding. Tired of steamrolling.

Please learn to not insult someone when trying to talk intelligently. I did say in the beginning of my post [My Opinions]. GG for not paying attention. You have your opinions, I have mine. So explain to me how I am complaining and you're not?
    Last edited by Delta279; 2011-09-03 at 08:24 AM.

My Worgen Warrior will be named... Porsche.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta279 View Post
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Why do I want to listen to Blizzard about what they're putting into the game? I learned not to listen to them when the whole Dance Studio BS happened. Everyone wanted that more than Path of the Titans. Both ideas got scraped though. GG. Also, TotalBiscuit can say what ever opinion about w/e content he wants. Just as much as you and I can. Also, armoy inspection? What if you got the wrong one? What if they gave you the wrong character. You are obviously not them so you are not going to know what character they did HM on. They don't have to prove you either because WoTLK is easy. I quit raiding before uldaur. Why? Because Naxx was boring and they ruined the hardest raid by making it easy in the remake.

Please learn to not insult someone when trying to talk intelligently. I did say in the beginning of my post [My Opinions]. GG for not paying attention. You have your opinions, I have mine. So explain to me how I am complaining and you're not?
    That was his point, you haven't done anything meaningful in Wrath so you are not allowed to voice your opinions about that content in there BECAUSE YOU NEVER DID IT.
    2 years ago the forums were full of: "wrath is too easy wahhh waaaahh waaaaaahh" and most of the time people whining didn't do the hard content or once it was outdated.

If you claim Wrath was easy and yet you only played a small part you are a simple liar and a wannabe hardcore jumping on the "wrath was scrubby easzy lulz" bandwagon, you probably claim Vanilla was the best ever and you didn't play then either.
    Last edited by mmoc0d8e6c2903; 2011-09-03 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulli View Post
    Also if other things in the game gets a bit harder (or more grindy), the content would also last longer and people wouldnt sit around at max level and waiting for free epics.There were casual players back in Vanilla and TBC too.Some only leveled their char and that took them quite a while to achieve that. I think that was okay for most of themThese days you rush to 85 and for example the reputation are maxed out while doing some dungeons which you never found on the map. You just teleport their, do your job and get your rewards.Could you imagine doing a 5m these days with looking/building a group for yourself. Traveling all the way there.Running through it in 1-2 hours or more and eventually not getting a single reward like an item or some xy points?People did that back then and they had their fun.People are spoiled these days.
    More or less what I meant.

Back in the day, people with not that much time always had a chance to have fun, somewhat.

Why? Because the content felt literarly infinite, there was always something to do, as opposed to now, we have half fanbase bored out of their mind, unable/unwilling to know eachother and overcome the content.
    I know I know, not every slew of content was "meaningful" or "interesting", but that's how mmos work, they have little purpose other than carrying people around with the "Carrot-on-a-stick" method. Gameplay itself is mediocre, and negligible. The true selling point of this genre is it's social aspect.

But now this game is multiplayer in a broader sense, meaning, you play alone with other bots, while standing in a giant lobby (orgrimmar/sw). Basically the social aspect died under the hammers of "let me kill everything and get epix asap I don't have time to bother in learning the game or actually saying hi to whomever you are".

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    That was his point, you haven't done anything meaningful in Wrath so you are not allowed to voice your opinions about that content in there BECAUSE YOU NEVER DID IT.
    2 years ago the forums were full of: "wrath is too easy wahhh waaaahh waaaaaahh" and most of the time people whining didn't do the hard content or once it was outdated.
    Actually I did. Dailies. That was very meaningful and that was what I was looking for when I got to lvl 80 and lvl 85. It was either you did randoms, raids or dailies. So which is more meaningful hmm? Raids, randoms or dailies? because that was all that was to do in WoTLK content. I'll tell you what I did, I went back to BC and enjoyed the content there.

I don't care if there was forums filled with QQ about WoTLK. I don't care about the forum soon to be filled with Cata is too hard since we're obviously discussing this on this thread. We, as the players of WoW, do not know exactly what we want. It is either we want things hard, easy or people that say idk and idc. I can point out that Blizzard tried to satisfy everyone that they can but yet it is not enough because everyone want something different.

I quit doing raids because I didn't want to be up all night doing a raid. If the raids is what doing something meaningful in game content then I "obviously" do not play the game right, by your standards.

Also, everyone complains about everything. Yet there is a difference between complaining and stating an opinion. Most get the two confused.

Player created content is still in the back of their minds because of how well it worked in Starcraft II. Developing tools for players would take a lot of work, but the reward would be great as well.
    Please no. We don't want another bad decision in the development of an MMO. Star Trek Online's Foundary was made cause the lack of development into content by the developers due to their lack of staff. Blizzard has plenty of people and are fully capable of creating content.
    Processor (CPU) - Intel Corei7 Six Core Processor i7-6850K (3.6GHz) 15MB Cache
    Memory (RAM) - 32GB HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3200MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card (Dual) - 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP - GeForce GTX VR
    Storage Drives - 1440GB HyperXSAVAGE 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 560MB/sR|530MB/sW)
    8TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 5900RPM, 64MB CACHE

Actually I did. Dailies. That was very meaningful and that was what I was looking for when I got to lvl 80 and lvl 85. It was either you did randoms, raids or dailies. So which is more meaningful hmm? Raids, randoms or dailies? because that was all that was to do in WoTLK content. I'll tell you what I did, I went back to BC and enjoyed the content there.

I don't care if there was forums filled with QQ about WoTLK. I don't care about the forum soon to be filled with Cata is too hard since we're obviously discussing this on this thread. We, as the players of WoW, do not know exactly what we want. It is either we want things hard, easy or people that say idk and idc. I can point out that Blizzard tried to satisfy everyone that they can but yet it is not enough because everyone want something different.

I quit doing raids because I didn't want to be up all night doing a raid. If the raids is what doing something meaningful in game content then I "obviously" do not play the game right, by your standards.

Also, everyone complains about everything. Yet there is a difference between complaining and stating an opinion. Most get the two confused.
    As a former player I've got to agree.

When I was still playing it was really hard to focus on want I really wanted from the game, as I quit, and time went by, I learned to look at the game on a more objective manner.

Basically don't let your emotions overcome you, think more broadly, and not just about yourselves.

There are more people that played World of Warcraft, but no longer play World of Warcraft, than the number of people that currently play World of Warcraft. They want to lower the barrier to entry and find some way to bring back players that no longer play.

So they are saying that 11 million people have quit the game and not returned since the game started?

So much for the always come back

Quote Originally Posted by plosion View Post
    More or less what I meant.

Back in the day, people with not that much time always had a chance to have fun, somewhat.

Why? Because the content felt literarly infinite, there was always something to do, as opposed to now
    Just being curious; first of all what's "back in the day"? Second, What were there to do that you can't do now?

Deleted

Hold on here, you claimed Wrath and its raids were easy, Naxx sure was but that is only a small part. Wrath had plenty of challenge if you wanted to ne challenged. And how on earth is Cata anything different from dailies, raids and randoms? How was BC different? Apart from the dungeon finder it was exactly like that, put down your glasses man.

As a former player I've got to agree.

When I was still playing it was really hard to focus on want I really wanted from the game, as I quit, and time went by, I learned to look at the game on a more objective manner.

Basically don't let your emotions overcome you, think more broadly, and not just about yourselves.
    I look at the game as entertainment, not life, and not something I'll defend with my life for. I'd rather Blizzard doing what ever they want with it than doing what the player base wanted. I've liked what they did with parts of the game and I don't like what they did with the game. They try hard to make everyone satisfied with the game but yet what they do is not enough. Most people just point out the bad in WoW than the good in WoW. I do that sometimes yet I try not to.

Well, can't speak for everyone, but as a holy priest going from Wrath into Cataclysm it felt fine all up until level 84 where you suddenly felt like someone had actively nerfed you to Classic levels compared to the tanks and DPS. You lost your efficiency, you could heal your leveling buddy just fine one level ago, but now you throw the same heals at him, but somehow he doesn't get healed, thanks to the bizarrely inflated health pools and next to that you're pretty much out of mana after just a few heals, where before you could keep it going and going.

Before the first regen fixes and at least justice gear the game was hard at 85, even if you did normals first, once you hit heroic being a healer you could get a stroke or drop down in hysteria and curse until the sun comes up no more. I remember doing Grim Batol and just not being able to heal the damage there on the first boss, my heals were too slow, low throughput compared to the damage and couple that with some newbie mistakes it was almost guaranteed a wipe, especially moving to second boss there, with the fire shield damage and constant group aoe damage from the archers you really could go bonkers as a healer.

3 of my guild friend healers quit the game there, because of that and didn't come back to this day.

They fucked it up big time with the healing in Cataclysm. Every single player wants to see his character gain power not lose it, and healers lost a lot of power going from 80 to 85 thus it made the game a chore rather then a fun past time. Now in Firelands gear and even before with all the nerfs, healing is semi-fine, it's still way to stressful at some points (depending on the class) and this is not how it should be, no other class has such stress moments really.

Quote Originally Posted by Talsande View Post
    Just being curious; first of all what's "back in the day"? Second, What were there to do that you can't do now?
    You can do whatever now, but there's not that much purpose (there was little when it was considered "meaningful", imagine now..).

back in the day I meant when the endgame wasn't as bleak and low quality as now. I mean, we were promised more content than ever before with cata, we are getting less and less, and worse too.

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They believe that each spec plays like a separate class, making the game feel as if there are 30 classes
    No fking way. Its been the opposite... all classes bring similar buffs and abilities, it feels like only are 4 classes: Tank-Heal-Melee dps-Ranged dps The talent tree model from rift should be adapted to WoW. Cataclysm talent tree model leaves no room for theorycrafting

Deleted
    I quit raiding before Uldaur. Why? Because I can. Tired of raiding. Tired of steamrolling.
    I quit doing raids because I didn't want to be up all night doing a raid
    But...But...I thought you were steamrolling through the raids, what would have kept you up?
    And really, claiming "LOLOLOLOLOLO raidz r izmode, me no hav to duu dem to knouw dat"
    Solving 347 x 38^21 must be easy, I can count 2+2 so that can't be any harder right?

Deleted
    You can do whatever now, but there's not that much purpose (there was little when it was considered "meaningful", imagine now..).

back in the day I meant when the endgame wasn't as bleak and low quality as now. I mean, we were promised more content than ever before with cata, we are getting less and less, and worse too.
    What? Non raiders had nothing to do back then, MC was god aweful, boss mechanics were totally lame back then as well. As a non raider you only a hand ful of dungeons you could do, rep grind was a lot of times useless as well.

If Blizzard would release Vanilla now it would flap hardcore, back then it was the shit but now it is literally shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Hold on here, you claimed Wrath and its raids were easy, Naxx sure was but that is only a small part. Wrath had plenty of challenge if you wanted to ne challenged. And how on earth is Cata anything different from dailies, raids and randoms? How was BC different? Apart from the dungeon finder it was exactly like that, put down your glasses man.
    BC didn't have that much dailies will Sunwell came out and I never did Sunwell, why? Because my guild knew they wouldn't be able to do it and stuck with doing simple raids such as Kara and Gruul's Lair. BC you didn't look forward to doing nothing but dailies. You didn't even need to do dailies to get gold. Netherwing dailies was mostly there for rep, not gold. Mostly because they didn't want to hand out free Netherwing Drake mounts to everyone. That is what I understood by it. End of BC, WoTLK and Cata bluntly says "You don't do dailies, good luck getting that chopper!" Mostly because everyone has alts to make potions and do enchantments. Who said Cata was different from WoTLK? They're basically the same with different areas and you don't streamroll through dungeons in the beginning of the content as you did in WoTLK dungeons. I know people steamrolled through The Nexus in the beginning of Wrath because once you knew the fights and what to do, you can steamroll it. DPS casts aoes, paladins aoe tank, healers casts HoTs and everything is ok. That is what is easy. Blizzard got rid of CC in Wrath only to put it back in Cata.

You know what I had to do to be challenged in Wrath? Tank without chest armor and leggings. Do dailies by having a big mob around me without chest armor and leggings, even on my shaman. Made things a challenge and interesting. In BC, what was challenging was the leveling. You didn't have BoAs back in BC, it made leveling an alt look discouraging because after spending months getting your first character to lvl 70, you don't feel like doing it again but it always gave someone a challenge. I have nothing to say about PvP because I don't PvP.