Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    On Mists of Pandaria: "Most of the time when we do anything panda-related it's going to be a comic book or a figurine or something like that." keyword............ "most"

Glad I could help ^_^

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW uses a modded Warcraft 3 engine, so could make a Map Editor upgraded from the WC3 one

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bofedy View Post
    •More armor customization could be coming in the future; Transmogrification was a solution that could be finished in time for Patch 4.3.
    In case you're saying "they might not finish it!," that sentence was intended as "there's some things want to do in the future, but Transmogrification is the one we could finish for 4.3."
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    In case you're saying "they might not finish it!," that sentence was intended as "there's some things want to do in the future, but Transmogrification is the one we could finish for 4.3."
    Yes that is correct.

They realize some people quit because they made the content more accessible to everyone and it no longer felt elite.
    I don't get this... Wrath had more accessible content compared to Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    •There are more people that played World of Warcraft, but no longer play World of Warcraft, than the number of people that currently play World of Warcraft. They want to lower the barrier to entry and find some way to bring back players that no longer play.
    I don't care whether it was Blizzard that stated it or some random person. I think that ought to say something about the state of Cataclysm, because I have had so many players in my guild alone quit playing because the game was actually too hard and not worth the hassle. WotLK keeps getting such a bad rap when it doesn't deserve it.

•On Mists of Pandaria: "Most of the time when we do anything panda-related it's going to be a comic book or a figurine or something like that."
    Ladies and gentlemen, here we have a classical non-answer. Please do not bother with trying to read anything else into it.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2011-09-03 at 04:56 AM.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    "If you add up all of the Deathwing encounter stages, it will be the longest fight in the game." Glad the fight has stages cause wiping on Alice sucks ass when you are 8 minutes into the fight

[QUOTE=Alayea;13027241]I don't care whether it was Blizzard that stated it or some random person. I think that ought to say something about the state of Cataclysm, because I have had so many players in my guild alone quit playing because the game was actually too hard and not worth the hassle. WotLK keeps getting such a bad rap when it doesn't deserve it.[/QUOTE

I agree, I had such a fun time in WOTLK, enjoyed it way more than Cata / TBC.

After Patch 4.3, and the world event, the team is going to focus on keeping players entertained and enjoying the game.
    They aren't doing that currently? Kinda explains a lot actually...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    They aren't doing that currently? Kinda explains a lot actually...
    You know, I actually hadn't thought of it in that way until you said that. Thanks for the laugh.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    I don't care whether it was Blizzard that stated it or some random person. I think that ought to say something about the state of Cataclysm, because I have had so many players in my guild alone quit playing because the game was actually too hard and not worth the hassle. WotLK keeps getting such a bad rap when it doesn't deserve it.

Ladies and gentlemen, here we have a classical non-answer. Please, don't bother with trying to read anything else into it.
    How is it too hard? I really don't understand how anyone can be that slow that they think the game is hard. I mean, every single boss, you just follow the tactics, and you kill it, end of story, really easy. But PvP isn't meant to be easy, it's supposed to show skill and therefore ne hard. So when you can come up with something that makes the game hard, then start saying it's hard.

People quit because the game got boring, if anything PvE is far too easy right now, and PvP is unbalanced and blizzard don't seem to care at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Alayea;13027241]I don't care whether it was Blizzard that stated it or some random person. I think that ought to say something about the state of Cataclysm, because I have had so many players in my guild alone quit playing because the game was actually too hard and not worth the hassle. WotLK keeps getting such a bad rap when it doesn't deserve it.

I'd completely agree with you blizzard fucked up when they made Cataclysm literally it was a Cataclysm to their subs. WotLK had easy content if it was done on normal mode yes that's for sure. Now if you killed LK/YS then went strictly to hard modes you'd say it was worth it for those who are more then casual. I myself hate the Lock out system, yea it's great that 10 mans have the same loot but you took away a raid night. My guild since cata has went from 3 days of raiding down to just over 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    You know, I actually hadn't thought of it in that way until you said that. Thanks for the laugh.
    Cynical nature + horrible wording = lol.

On other news, i truely hope pandabears are going to be a comic book or something.

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotPwned View Post
    People quit because the game got boring, if anything PvE is far too easy right now, and PvP is unbalanced and blizzard don't seem to care at all.
    well i had a lot of friends that were not very good, but they all quit because they felt the raids now were too hard and that there was no place for them to succeed because they also felt the 5 man heroics were too hard. so even if there is no need to cater to that difficulty for some guilds, other guilds lost a lot of friends and people they played with for years. Just because they felt like making a steep learning curve in comparison to WOTLK.

So for some, WOTLK was more fun, and the PVP I agree, although it was very similar, just burst and death now we have smoke bomb and Ring of Frost and Heroic Leap to deal with though.

They realize some people quit because they made the content more accessible to everyone and it no longer felt elite.
    Sigh, no, not at all, guys, people were upset over the low quality of the end game content, not because it was "more" accessible, it was really less accessible, and also less rewarding, reused five man EVERYTHING, crappy looking point gear with much higher grinds, the tier armor being rather bleh this expansion, the much smaller 80-85 experience, the dropping of non-recycled content meant for Vashj'ir replaced with recycled old world junk. B-Team, B for Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Revrant View Post
    Sigh, no, not at all, guys, people were upset over the low quality of the end game content, not because it was "more" accessible, it was really less accessible, and also less rewarding, reused five man EVERYTHING, crappy looking point gear with much higher grinds, the tier armor being rather bleh this expansion, the much smaller 80-85 experience, the dropping of non-recycled content meant for Vashj'ir replaced with recycled old world junk. B-Team, B for Bad.
    Ulduar > this entire expansion

They say they want to "lower the barrier to entry" for players they have lost, but that some of these same players left because content was too accessible, but also harder somehow. Better rewards are obviously the answer I don't think they will acknowledge that accessibility isn't what lost players, but convenience. Accessibility is determined by the players, their willingness to help those they believe will help them. With much of the need to be social in this game gone, widening the gap between dungeon and raid rewards will just make the skilled, but under-geared player with low guild rep that much more inconvenient.

I see great potential by giving players the tools to create content, the creativity that comes with a feature like that could make a massive impact in the quality of the game. It would certainly take a lot of time and resources to create, but imo, well worth it.
    Last edited by Accidents; 2011-09-03 at 05:23 AM.

Deleted
    Multiple fights in multiple locations? U gotta be kidding me? And deathwing desides to drop loot for lulz when we tickle him uhu makes sense.