Deleted

Jaws of defeat & Power Infusion Question.

Hey,
    I just looted Jaws of Defeat Heroic tonight. I am thinking about macroing it with Power Infusion, here comes the first qustion: are they working popped together or I should rather pop one after another?
    If its worth popping them together how would that macro look like ?

They work and I dont know the math but everything i cast after popping em both at the same time seems to be free of charge(almost)

I go with the macro

The macro would look like

/cast Power Infusion
    /use Jaws of Defeat

Or
    /cast Power Infusion
    /use 13 (upper trink)
    /use 14 (lower trink)

Deleted
    Does it calculate PI before or after the trinket? Because if it's after, you're actually not getting as much out of the effects as you would if you used them separately.

Also, I dno about you but I don't use PI on cooldown. I save it for emergencies or predicted spikes, meaning i mostly only use it once or a couple of times per fight. I would however want to use the trinket on cooldown to save as much mana as possible.

Food for thought... :P

No promises, but if you were going to macro Jaws and PI together i suggest using Jaws first as it might grant a 'free' charge.

Just did a quick test using H Jaws. I used Penance as an example. Penance costs 2882 mana.

For
    /cast Power Infusion
    /use Jaws of Defeat
    the initial mana cost of a Penance is 2306 mana. After one spell cast, the second Penance is 2206. It continues to reduce by 100 until PI wears off.

For
    /use Jaws of Defeat
    /cast Power Infusion
    you get a free 1 victory from the usage of PI while Jaws is active. The initial penance cost is 2306 (though it is 2206 with the free 1 victory from PI). After one "real" spell cast, the second Penance is 2106 and continues to reduce by 100 until PI wears off.

In conclusion, use this macro order:
    /use Jaws of Defeat
    /cast Power Infusion

I wouldn't macro them. Most of the time you want to give Power Infusion to your DPS. Only in very few cases do you actually need it more yourself, and for these cases you should just pop them individually (at the same time).
    "That's his talent, the dead answer his call."
    "They answer his call. And there are a lot more of the dead than there are of the living."

Deleted
    ^ Agreed, and as i said, you probably want max uptime on the trinket to get the most of it, while PI is a throughput ability that you want to save for spikes.

Deleted
    surely your power infusions are being stolen by arcane mages in burn phases due to the cheaper spells meaning they stay in burn stage longer before having to go into regen.