Deleted

Demospec out of control...

Well, yeah when we did Baleroc heroic last night my dps went up and down really much. I don't know why it change so hard but from 38k dps>23k dps?!?!

Atm I got 9000 sp with Fel armor, Fel intelligence and Demoic pact.
    Haste: 14.49% 1711 rating
    Hit: 15.74% 1613 rating
    Crit: 14.43% 805 rating
    mastery: 15.49% 1343 rating

Don't have any WOL's atm but can it really change so much if you tank the crystals?
    Me and another lock are both going with Felguard and as he's in the top my change dramatically every attempt...

I know my rotation very well but idk if it's beacause of my low hit and mastery but it shouldn't be as I can reach 38K dps...

My all-in-on macro is following

#showtooltip Metamorphosis
    /use Moonwell Chalice
    /cast Metamorphosis
    /cast Demon Soul
    /cast immolation Aura

Thank you in advance and sorry if I missed something. Kinda late but had to post as we're gonna do Baleroc before reset again so really want to clear this problem out.

38k short wipe where you used doomguard,
    23k longer wipe where you did not?

Edit: unsure if troll - but your macro for meta is wrong, if you cast moonwell on the same click as meta, you won't gain the benefit, since the moonwell object spawning + buff takes a moment. If you /castsequence it and press twice you will have more fun
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2011-09-04 at 11:39 PM.

Why would you use felguard the entire fight?!

15+ Year Old Account
    1) Use Felhunter for single target. (long answer: youre supposed to be doing a demon swapping thing, where you start with FG use demon soul and Felstorm, then when felstorm ends you swap to Felhunter. Use him until DS is back up, SB summon the FG use DS and Felstorm, then hard summon the Felhunter, and repeat. But that is tricky.)

2. Take points from haste to mastery, mastery is your best stat.

3. Your hit is low, I like having 16%+ (no 17% is not crucial, at around 16% other stats begin to outscale it)

4. Your crystal is in melee I assume (assuming on 10m), use Shadowflame on CD when in melee range

5. your macro is wrong, you are not getting Chalice benefit to the meta damage bonus
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by Badde View Post
    Hit: 15.74% 1613 rating
    Can't tell if trolling.

Your macro doesn't work. Using the chalice in the same macro as meta results in meta not benefiting from the mastery. Also, using the felguard for the entire fight is a really terrible idea.

Finally, get your hit a bit closer to cap. It doesn't have to be capped, but get it close.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Read stickies!
    Click here

Without a Wol log and armory there is no way we can help you out properly.
    But to give you a quick overview of whats going wrong.
    -First fight was short and you used doomguard, second was long without doomguard.
    -You aren't hitcapped and lack mastery
    -You are using the felguard instead of felhunter.
    -Your macro doesn't work properly, get rid of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    38k short wipe where you used doomguard,
    23k longer wipe where you did not?
    This. Demonology rotation is heavily based around the doomguard currently. It can do an insane of dps by itself. I know our demo lock was saying his doomguard did well over a million damage itself on some fights, and 17k dps by itself. Pop it with full mastery procs = insane dps. WIll probably get nerfed at some point though

Deleted
    Oh, I see some really important notes I haven't paid attention to...

Feels a bit awkward but yeah I've heard of felguard+felhunter swapping but didn't know it could result in such a huge dps increase. Used to affliction and meta in aoe friendly fights so guess I'm not so much up to date.

Regarding all-in-one macro. In another thread I saw a macro that makes trinket pop without meta to pop at same time but instead 2 clicks where trinket pop first and second click meta so guess that would make it benefit.

If you are really lazy (like me when I must demo ) you can swap back and forth with pets with the macro below.
    It will hardcast felguard if you have felhunter out, and demonsoul:Felguard then soulburn felhunter if you have felguard out.
    /cast [pet:Felguard] Demon Soul
    /cast [pet:Felguard] Soulburn
    /cast [pet:Felguard] Felhunter
    /cast [pet:Felhunter] Felguard

Deleted
    38 K......with Wrong and poor stats, wrong macro ( Zero-knowledge proof of our gameplay ), no "" doomguard "" details. 5 /20 for this troll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by butterzz View Post
    Read stickies!
    Click here
    + try to compare tries with same/close length... preferably 4-5+ min, and pay attention also to the tries where you had DG up.

And once again, read the stickies

---------- Post added 2011-09-05 at 04:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    38 K......with Wrong and poor stats, wrong macro ( Zero-knowledge proof of our gameplay ), no "" doomguard "" details. 5 /20 for this troll.
    Well with all cd's up, prepot, cd alignment and DG (while on hero), you do 50-60k dps for the 1st 40-60 sec, aye?

So 38k might have been possible there as well, considering DG can do 15k-18k dps (not efective, but if the fight was equal with the duration of the DG, then it can be 18k efective dps from DG only). So he had to do only 20k dpsish on 1st meta, while on heroism... then wipe. I can see this possible to happen even with his fail macro - pet - questions... so there's big chances he ain't a trol )

Deleted
    I am rude but everything is so wrong. Stat, dps, knowlegde, HM, and this title sounds so trollish.

Demo can't be his main spec
    Last edited by mmoca1e94eb7cd; 2011-09-05 at 02:29 AM.

Your macro won't work btw.