Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

The Deathknight solo kills are not impressive, please stop spamming the homepage.

I am finding it really funny how posting a solo kill of old content as a Death knight is somehow news worthy. It looks like anything can make itself on the homepage now. There should really be somebody monitoring and approving these posts and agreeing that it should actaully be worthy other than the admin. It looks like its down to one person at the moment who is surely on the payroll.

I can bet you a lot of DKs have done exactly what this DK has done, but they have just never bothered to report or post it because they knew it was nothing special. Maybe I should go and solo a few heroics and old hardmodes on my Deathknight and then make a special video with sound effects, would that make me look pro too? I mean come on, is anybody really impressed by this? On my Deathknight I am able to outheal the healers so when you really think about it, it is not hard to do at all.

Edit 1: After reading two pages of replies, I cant help but laugh more. People seem to think Deathknights requires incredible amazing skill to play. Let me tell you the basic mechanics and how he is able to do it. It is all about Deathstrike timing which is incredibly easily to do, there is even an addon on wowhead that tells you when to use Deathstrike for the maximum healing and shield. Deathstrike is based on the last 5 seconds of damage. If you know the bosses and tactics, then you will know when to use Deathstrike. Hell, even if you dont know the bosses, the addon will tell you when to use Deathstrike anyway. The thing that is the difference between a kill and a wipe is luck. It depends on the amount of parries and dodges and other RNG factors. It would be impossible to do it every time becuase there is too much luck involved. The only skillful part (if you can call it skill) is the Deathstrike usage and cooldown usage. But any good Deathknight farming Firelands will already be an expert in this. I can guarentee most Deathknights that know the few mechanics of Deathknights will be able to do solo the same bosses as this Deathknight.
    Last edited by Bidybag; 2011-09-12 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidybag View Post
    I am finding it really funny how posting a solo kill of old content as a Death knight is somehow news worthy. It looks like anything can make itself on the homepage now. There should really be somebody monitoring and approving these posts and agreeing that it should actaully be worthy other than the admin. It looks like its down to one person at the moment who is surely on the payroll.

I can bet you a lot of DKs have done exactly what this DK has done, but they have just never bothered to report or post it because they knew it was nothing special. Maybe I should go and solo a few heroics and old hardmodes on my Deathknight and then make a special video with sound effects, would that make me look pro too? I mean come on, is anybody really impressed by this? On my Deathknight I am able to outheal the healers so when you really think about it, it is not hard to do at all.
    Go do it on your deathknight, make a video and post it on this thread. Im dying to watch.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm going to say this before someone takes it personal, Go do it your self then hell don't even watch it if it bothers you.

Feel free to show those guys up.

Speaking as a death knight I can vouch for this being not a walk in the park. I'm impressed by it because I don't have the time nor the patience to work through a strat/gearing/playstyle to do it myself. If it looks easy to you thats great, but read the comments on the videos. Some people are impressed.

e-peen envy?

DK envy?

10+ Year Old Account
    watch the warlock solo kills then

If you go solo yogg 1 light, I will give you a blow-job.
    Religion is like a penis.
    It's fine to have one.
    It's fine to be proud of it.
    But please, don't whip it out in public and wave it around,
    And please, don't try to shove it down my children's throats.

Not sure if troll, but I personally find it inspiring as a DK, it's something I really want to try but have not been sure if I can. After Mionelol's Lich King solo, I've given it a few tries myself and found it outstandingly difficult, even with her spec and gear. Yogg-Saron with one light up is no easy feat.
    But the reason people like this get attention is they actually make videos of their incredible endeavors and share them with the rest of us.
    If you're jelly, you can be jelly, but I for one and pretty damn impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMaybe I should go and solo a few heroics and old hardmodes on my Deathknight and then make a special video with sound effects, would that make me look pro too?
    Go right ahead. No, seriously, those things are hard.

Not quite sure what the complaint is about. Next you'll be objecting to world first Heroic Raid boss kills.
    "Oh yay! Happy little deer!
    Now they can grow up and have ADVENTURES.
    You're swell. "

- Mylune
    (aww... she said I'm swell <3 )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    watch the warlock solo kills then
    i was more impressed with the lock video lol

Deleted
    I always seem to stereotype Death Knight's being bad players, especially if they are Male Blood Elf.

OT: Going to feed my unicorn so be right back.

Sorry, but I've already been soloing old heroics and stuff on my Death Knight, just not raids like ulduar or ICC, its honestly very simple. But what Mione does is pretty hard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Does it really bother you that much that theyre on the front page?

Put your money where your mouth is, go do some heroics/old content like you say, record it, post it and prove to us its not impressive or hard to do. Or you could just do us all a favor and just not post. Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    -How is it spam? It only pops up once a month, sometimes longer.
    -For a game played by millions, being the very first to solo something is impressive.

Honestly, I'd prefer if they didn't put up Diablo 3 stuff or fan art on the frontpage, but it's much easier to scroll past it than it is to make a thread complaining, because I know that there are people out there who are interested.

i agree with the OP

It's not really impressive so much as it is proof that Death Strike needs to be revamped from the ground up.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol someone has some jealousy issues, and when you can solo the lich king come back to this thread and start talking.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mionelol and Firedemon (granted not a Death Knight, but still) are clearly very talented players, no one can dispute that. If every death knight and their mothers were able to solo Lich King and Yogg-Saron with one keeper I would agree with you, but that isn't the case. These are players that excel at what they do and thus deserve recognition. Like the other people in the thread already have stated, if you don't like it, don't watch.