Deleted

FERAL DPS and Hit/exp

HEllo, I've read some guides but i can't seem too get a final answer on my question.
    Is it worth getting hit/exp cap over getting as much mastery/haste as possible?
    Thanks in advance

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's your gearlevel like? I hear it gets more and more important as your gearlevel rises... Personally, I've tried to stay capped (or close to) from day one, but that's only because I hate to miss and get dodged... Yes you get refunded the energy, but I don't like spending GCD's with nothing to show for it...

Pre 4p t12 its not really that important, once you get 4p t12 it increases a lot in value but never to a point where it really dominates the other stats, only slightly better.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know, if I had your gear I'd be going for the caps, both hit and exp.. Then again, like I said, I hate to miss and get dodged, so I capped both stats anyway

Quote Originally Posted by lockne View Post
    HEllo, I've read some guides but i can't seem too get a final answer on my question.
    Is it worth getting hit/exp cap over getting as much mastery/haste as possible?
    Thanks in advance

Since you droped 2t11 and using 2t12 go full out haste not mastery also you DON'T want to miss shred/rip or bite ~2secs rip in execution phase. I see you are doing 10mans prolly since 2x shannox kills on HC and you upgraded weapon and last night i saw 1st time that bosses started droping crystals in 25 mans ( check my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rcina/advanced ) "dunno why it doesn't count last night raid though" but in those hc kills count ryloth,alysrazor and passed spot on shannox from last night
    You should drop a lot of mastery, go for haste instead and go for hit/exp cap's and get 4t12 asap especially shannox drops HC token witch beats Bethi'lac normal legs by far, also try geting matrix its damn good trinket especially with haste procing

Personally, Id wait until you progressed on/killed HC rhyolith. If you can pick up his helmet on heroic mode, its gg. With that item having alot of expertise and haste its great for re-forge.

Anywho, maybe get some more Ilvl aswell. Haft to renember the more Ilvl gear has, the more re-forge states, really hard to cap both expertise and hit in Firelands gear until your pretty much geared to around Ilvl 380.

Deleted
    with your gear i;d cap. the 2p T12 is a 10% increase to shred dmg, more haste means higher energy regen, meaning more shreds. hit / exp caps means less misses / dodges more shreds.

but like i said in a diff post. reforging HIT / EXP caps full out haste vs NO caps and full out mastery is personal choice. the difference in dps in marginal. go look at top 50 on WoL there is so many diff types of reforging all close together on dps it makes threads like this obsolete.

choose what you want to do. boost bleed dmg - mastery. MOAR shreds - haste + hit / exp caps.

I went with the concept of ignore hit/expertise until 4 piece T12. It worked really well for me, in fact I think I actively reforged out of hit up until I got my 4 piece. With most of your damage coming from bleeds it made mastery at least in my mind the obvious choice. With 4 piece T12 hit/expertise becomes mandatory. If you miss an attack at that point you are not generating combo points, therefore you are wasting the benefit of your 4 piece.

You cant find a clear cut answer because there isnt one.. The difference is around 300-400 dps, in a perfect scenario, so you could chose whatever you like and dont care.. If you like not missing then go for the cap.. If you dont mind then dont!

Deleted
    Thanks for all the responses