[Books] Books about ancient civilizations?

Is there any interesting books like where they talk about things such as how the hell egyptian could not have made the pyramids due to the precise measurements of the pyramids aligned perfectly North,East, South, West.

Lost Civilisations Of The Stone Age by Richard Rudgley,
    Forbidden Archaeology by Michael Cremo and Richard Thompson.

Heard these are good and same with Civilization One: The World Is Not as You Thought It Was

I beat both mass effect 1 and mass effect 2.. and i like the story line about how well a ongoing cycle of humanity. reapers.. very interesting to think

Deleted
    Got a feeling you will love H.P. Lovecraft if you haven't already

Deleted
    You want fiction or non-fiction?

Like, for example, you can watch this video series on atlantis and hidden history etc, which is based on such books:

...but in all seriousness, these notions are BS. They're pure speculation, on top of pure speculation, on top of poor speculation with a bit of nut-case thrown in for good measure. I do enjoy reading and watching stuff about them though, as fiction.
    Last edited by mmoc5802fe7f7d; 2011-09-06 at 04:06 PM.

Actually if you have Netflix look up a series called "Ancient Aliens" alot of the episodes speak of the pyramids theory's ect. However one thing to know is that even today no one knows how they were built, all the evidence is inconclusive. most experts agree that even today these pyramids would be near impossible to duplicate, even more so with the lack of tech from back then.

also The Pyramid Code another series on netflix
    Last edited by Moozart; 2011-09-06 at 04:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    However one thing to know is that even today no one knows how they were built, all the evidence is inconclusive.
    What exactly do you mean by this? :S

Are you saying we can't 100% know, like we can't be 100% sure about anything?

Or are you suggesting that we have no idea, and that no theory we have come up makes any more sense then 'Aliens done it' etc?

Would appreciate it if you could elaborate/clarify on what you mean.
    Last edited by mmoc5802fe7f7d; 2011-09-06 at 04:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambush View Post

...but in all seriousness, these notions are BS. They're pure speculation, on top of pure speculation, on top of poor speculation with a bit of nut-case thrown in for good measure. I do enjoy reading and watching stuff about them though, as fiction.
    "Alien astronaut theorists believe that..."

Those shows are fucking funny. Roll up some weed and have a giggle fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambush View Post

Like, for example, you can watch this video series on atlantis and hidden history etc, which is based on such books:

Um.. i just find it interesting.. and i think differently possible. but who knows. Maybe not at the level of mass effect lol..

Chariots of the Gods would probably be the most basic place to start. I enjoy Ancient Aliens a lot, I don't really agree with most of it but some of the stuff they have shown on that program is really amazing, like those Japanese underwater ruins.

Quote Originally Posted by CipherAgent View Post
    Chariots of the Gods would probably be the most basic place to start. I enjoy Ancient Aliens a lot, I don't really agree with most of it but some of the stuff they have shown on that program is really amazing, like those Japanese underwater ruins.
    Buying both Chariots of the gods, and the Serpent of Light: Beyond 2012.

and going to add alient astronuts or whateer on netflix

The series is called Ancient Aliens.

Here's a quick summary of the show:

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not just watch stargate?

because i much rather read then watch tv.. i netflixed some of those.. ( not stargate) but i would much rather read

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    Is there any interesting books like where they talk about things such as how the hell egyptian could not have made the pyramids due to the precise measurements of the pyramids aligned perfectly North,East, South, West.
    I would say, check the for the dudes names in the Ancient Aliens series, all (most) of them are writting about Ancient Civilisation and are trying to prove that human did not build some building, like the Pyramids, Karnak ruins, Tiahuanaco ruins etc

In my opinion, just avoid books by Erick Von Daniken, (google or wiki the guy, he's fraud and he has records)