Deleted

Too much Haste for Shadow?

I'm currently sitting at 32.30% Haste with Mind Quickening and talents. Now I'm sure I read somewhere that 30% is the optimal amount, so does this mean I would be better reforging some Haste to Mastery?

The best answer is to Sim it.

However, I don't think there's an actual hardcap on Haste where gaining more equates to a dps loss compared to gaining more Mastery or something. Could be wrong on that one, though.

Deleted
    I plan to run 30% HST and reforge the rest into MST. I don't get DI at the moment so I have to waste quite a lot of stat points on HST to reach 30%, that's why my MST is rather low. Our other spriest is doing this and it seems to work wonders (oh, and he has legendary + full 391 ^^).

Depends, is that with DI or without?

If it's without, do you have a reliable DI source? If so you could reforge to either crit or mastery (both are pretty equal, i'd try to keep their values close unbuffed) and drop down to 27% haste. If you don't have DI i'd stay with what you got. But thats just my opinion, Radux is right to Sim for a better answer.

Deleted
    30% haste is a good + point to have, but theres really no caps on the haste. but having around 30%+ is prob the best to have, and then gem / forge around to get a higher mastery / crit

Deleted
    Go 30% haste, gem pure intellect and reforge other stats into mastery imo

Deleted
    i'm currently at around 36% haste in raids, simcraft still puts haste as my best secondary stat (after hit)

Just keep on stacking Haste, unless you don't have DI (in that case, just drop down to 2589 Haste and stack Mastery)
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2011-09-07 at 01:02 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

There is no "cap" for haste. There is a sort-of soft cap, but it's unreachable at current gear levels. When your MF is 1 second with heroism, you're soft capped for haste. But other than that, there's no real cap because DoTs will keep scaling higher with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

I'm just above the 2284 breakpoint (w/ DI) for DP and according to Simcract, Mastery > Haste by about 10%.
    As I've been getting new gear, I've been reforging the excess haste to mastery as a result and it's been working well for me.

Simcraft yourself and see what your stat weights are.

I'm just above the 2284 breakpoint (w/ DI) for DP and according to Simcract, Mastery > Haste by about 10%.
    As I've been getting new gear, I've been reforging the excess haste to mastery as a result and it's been working well for me.
    You must have used the lowest possible amount of iterations, or it's bugged. I don't know what your average iLvl is, but Haste should be simming at like 0.5x PP, while Mastery should be simming around 0.45ish.

If you always have DI, keep stacking Haste, easy as that. Only ever worry about dropping down to 2589 Haste is you don't get DI.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

I can rerun my armory character during lunch, but I'm pretty sure I did it right. In my shadow gear I have ~376 equipped ilvl. I ran my stat weights from Simcraft through askmrrobot optimizer, and followed its reforge recommendations. And I *always* get DI in my 10 man, my RL is a lock and when I'm not back up healing he gives it to me.

If you are just past one of the break points for haste it is no unusual for haste to sim lower. It's sort of the same way if when you are just under a break point Haste will suddenly sim MUCH higher.

If you are just past one of the break points for haste it is no unusual for haste to sim lower. It's sort of the same way if when you are just under a break point Haste will suddenly sim MUCH higher.
    What Arlee said aswell. Haste might be simming lower than it should because you are just past the breakpoint for DP with DI. If you get some more Haste in your gear (I'm at 2500, so it's not far off), it should sim higher I guess
    Holyfury armory

While I'm heading out to lunch I'm redoing the sim @ 50,000 iterations and my usual raid buffs. I'll post my stat weight plots in about an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I'm currently sitting at 32.30% Haste with Mind Quickening and talents. Now I'm sure I read somewhere that 30% is the optimal amount, so does this mean I would be better reforging some Haste to Mastery?
    Kilee's guide has an excellent visual. After you reach VT+2, mastery or crit may have higher value depending on : how high your int is, which trinkets you're using, etc to infinity.
    Once DP+2 is within reach, you probably want to prioritize that breakpoint beyond all else. Then, again, any slop you have goes into whichever of mst/crit sim higher.

The curves will look slightly different for everyone, depending on YOUR stats and YOUR behavior. Best advice: get simulationcraft and start tinkering.