Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    it's the only ISP in NZ that has 40 and 80 GB download plans. all others are 5 GB or something like that.
    your wrong

---------- Post added 2011-09-08 at 12:59 PM ----------

Not to be an ass..... But i dont care about how fast you will use 40gigs or how much you have..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    wow, no offence but people get excited over unlimited internet? fucking ISPs, what's this world coming too.
    My thoughts exactly man. I've really come to appreciate having Verizon FiOS after hearing so many horror stories on what these ISP companies are doing to people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    ISP's job to regulate their plans and bill their customers. They can't come back later and say "hey we messed up so you owe us X amount of money".
    I was born on Van Isle .

OT: I had free cable once. It wasn't all HD channels or anything but we did get a lot of channels that were only parts of packages and such. Anyways they called us and told us that they were cancelling it because of that and we didn't get charged (I'm talking like 2 years of free cable)

Not gonna lie, I wish i lived in texas.. 250 MBps internet connection. not Mbps.... MBps. Yeah Me want.

Deleted
    lol limits really, they still do that? I can't remember having any limit ever..

still if I were to have a limit and I would go over it (but it by them screwing up it doesn't register.. e.g. I don't get a notification I've reached my limit / speed slows down) I would never pay for the extra either.. They screwed up, not like I'm gonna check how far I'm off my limit.. they provide a service, that is stated in a contract, that I have a limit of 40gigs.. If I however get more than 40 gigs.. is their problem, I didn't agree to that, nor did I want that according to the contract..

Same when it's reversed imo, my ISP didn't provide me with internet on a steady basis, kept going on and off, would be out for days etc.. I couldn't say to them.. well you didn't give me internet for 14 days so I'm not paying for the full month either.. I could however get off the contract due to them not being able to hold up their agreement and not providing me with the service I paid for..

Quote Originally Posted by Enders View Post
    Some places don't have the option. I know here in Canada you have no choice. I was at 60GB but I was reaching my limit every month and it ended up being cheaper to pay an extra $25 per month for a 125GB limit. It sucks, but there's nothing I can do about it.
    Um I am in Atlantic Canada and I have unlimited internet, with no slow downs through Bel Aliant.

1) In New Zealand we have one connection to the rest of the world and the company that runs it charges too much so it is nowhere near capacity and we all have capped data plans or plans with unlimited plans with capped bandwidth (these are few and far between).

2) I have had a similar situation to the OP a number of times over the years but with a different ISP. It always ended up as our good luck and we were never back-charged for the extra data we used, though I admit it did not go on for months like it has for the OP. My recommendation is to just watch how much you are downloading and only go over your cap by an amount that you are willing to pay in case one month the gravy train stops.

Brumfondl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ico View Post
    can some one please tell me what Elpalmo is talking about ? isnt internet always limitless ? 40 gig douwnload is fing nothing thats like what ? 4 compleet tv series ?
    You must be absolutely joking. I get 6G/12G Peak/Off Peak, with SATELLITE internet (1k ms constantly). It pisses me right off when people complain about their usage/speeds/connection when theirs is generally 100x better than mine. Some people don't know how good they actually have it.

OT: Lucky you! Send some my way

10+ Year Old Account
    Best plan for me is 10 gigabytes a month :X

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I really do feel bad for you guys. I had no idea some ISPs were this bad. 10GB a month... I can't even fathom that.

Deleted
    At first I read 40 gb/s and thought nice, wish I had that:P But what is limited internet anyway? Never heard of it. I don't think it even exist in my country. Here it's like 30 eur/month with Digi TV and you can download as much as you want. The speed is limited to 4mb/s though.

I feel sorry for you guys with limited internet :/. Here in sweden only mobile internet have limits.

Deleted
    No-one cares if you have unlimited internet, or if you torrent a lot of files. Take your e-peen somewhere else.

The op is asking if he should continue to use over his cap. Unless the ISP has upgraded his service and he hasn't realised then they are well within their rights to charge him for the excess.

If you have a contract check what it covers. A contract is binding (well I hope it is in new zealand too) and if they for some reason don't regulate the speed of your connection they can't charge you more if that case isn't covered under some extra clause in the contract.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by runawaybishop View Post
    No-one cares if you have unlimited internet, or if you torrent a lot of files. Take your e-peen somewhere else.

The op is asking if he should continue to use over his cap. Unless the ISP has upgraded his service and he hasn't realised then they are well within their rights to charge him for the excess.
    It's not e-peen, it's fucking human rights to have more than 40gigs (or it should anyway be unlimited, like the modern world).

I'd abuse his unlimited connection as much as I could.

The OP is not notified about a a higher tier of services, nor did the OP request higher tier services. Effect: The OP cannot be required to pay for higher tier services.
    If the OP cán be required to pay for higher services, I'm going to move to New Zealand, start a company that demands a payment of one hundred euro each month in return for the use of Nothing, and make everyone a member. According to that logic, everyone in New Zealand is required to pay me that one-hundred bucks, whether I notify them or not.
    I don't think the local laws would appreciate me doing so, though.
    And that would go for this, too.
    So the OP can just use the better internet connection; there shouldn't be any troubles with it.

However: I too find it very strange that regular internet caps out in what we would consider a civilized country.