Thread: What if?

10+ Year Old Account

What if?

What if we don't get 2 new races,but what if we get one new race and one new class! Go back to the roots of Wow when Horde used to be able to be shamans and give the alliance something they can only be....I guess I don't like the idea but
    Give the horde a badass race.
    What do you think about that,1 new class and a new race for...
    What if we get nothing...would you be mad?Like no new race or class but just a huge amount of content when it comes out, would you be mad

---------- Post added 2011-09-08 at 03:26 AM ----------

This is the What if thread
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

10+ Year Old Account
    Only one faction receiving something completely new? Absolutely not going to happen, the QQ is so massive it will break the QQ Pillar in the Elemental Plane of QQ and unleash Kiukiuwing, the Aspect of QQs.
    "Oh yay! Happy little deer!
    Now they can grow up and have ADVENTURES.
    You're swell. "

- Mylune
    (aww... she said I'm swell <3 )

I'm predicting major new systems, not either races or classes or specs.

Deleted
    ONE new race or one per faction?

I would love to see two new classes unique for each faction though.

Horde had shaman, but alliance had paladins to "balance" it. I can't see any way to balance one faction having access to eleven class choices while the other only has ten. Unique idea though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amry View Post
    Only one faction receiving something completely new? Absolutely not going to happen, the QQ is so massive it will break the QQ Pillar in the Elemental Plane of QQ and unleash Kiukiuwing, the Aspect of QQs.
    I said alliance get race,we get class or you can reverse But answer the questions

---------- Post added 2011-09-08 at 11:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    ONE new race or one per faction?

I would love to see two new classes unique for each faction though.
    That would be cool but what I mean is we (horde) get a race, and alliance get a class or you can reverse that to what ever way you want

LIFE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duito View Post
    That would be cool but what I mean is we (horde) get a race, and alliance get a class or you can reverse that to what ever way you want
    That would make me smile but the hordes would rage like Uber Diablo:S

10+ Year Old Account
    That would make me smile but the hordes would rage like Uber Diablo:S
    I'm hordes I love what we get, bastard alliance got shaman just because of some so called pvp balance...Look how that turned out right,nerfed shaman anyway

LIFE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duito View Post
    I'm hordes I love what we get, bastard alliance got shaman just because of some so called pvp balance...Look how that turned out right,nerfed shaman anyway
    Alliance should have kept their paladins and horde their shamans. Factions should be more uniquer once again.

Maybe Monk for alliance and Rune-Master for horde? Yeah!
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2011-09-08 at 08:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if Blizz prettymuch said they're too lazy to revamp the Alliance and Horde meshes to match Goblins and Worgen I doubt we'll be getting any new okayable races anytime soon.

Classes are tough because they need to be unique enough for people to want to roll one yet viable for leveling, dungeons, raiding and PvP. Assuming they follow the same model used with Death Knights, if we get another Hero Class there will be some preconditions that must be met before you're allowed to make one per server. As you all know, in order to make a Death Knight you must have at least one level 55+ character on your WoW Account.

The reason for this is because it's a HERO Class it starts at level 55, comes with 300/300 First Aid, all Alliance/Horde FPs on EK/Kalimdor (not sure if they hotfixed it to include the FP Changes Cataclysm brought) and by the time you do Audience with the Warchief/Where Kings Walk you will be level 58 and thus be able to go to Outland right away (though thanks to Cataclym's changes most elect to quest in the Blasted Lands or Silithus until Lv. 60). In addition DKs earn Talent Points during their starting quest chain (you should have enough Gold to buy Dual Spec by the time you're asked to take a Death Gate back to Acherus by Olbaz and if not just farm Runecloth from the Scarlets, make bandages and sell them for the coin to do so [being sure to RIDE BACK to Acherus so the vendors will still be there ^_^] as well as farming Skulls for Potions), get a free Epic Land Mount, a Class-Specific Profession (Runeforging) and a secondary hearth mechanic (Death Gate). Oh and of course due to their talents they have three different Group-Wide Presences (IMO they should all be available from the get-go).

...Any future HERO Classes will have to have everything in the above paragraph (except Death Gate, the presences and Runeforging obviously) and have a precondition to make one. Hero Classes are a cut above the regular nine as they should be.

If I had to guess, IF we get new classes (Normal or Hero) in the next expansion or two I would like to see a pure Magic Tank or Ranged Tank. It would open up new possibilities if they did that. I'd also like to see a Dual Wielding Tank, a Stealth Healer and maybe even a Class with Mass Resurrection upon Death. How it would work is when the character dies, the player will be asked if they want revive all dead party/raid members. If they do, everyone will be revived at 50% strength, the player's spirit will automatically release and they'll have a massive GCD to prevent abuse (like 45 minutes). Another variation would be a healthy player mass-reviving the party/raid but dying as a result.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

I am guess that this is actually very accurate assessment as to what will happen.

Alliance should have kept their paladins and horde their shamans. Factions should be more uniquer once again.

Maybe Monk for alliance and Rune-Master for horde? Yeah!
    Alliance Shaman and Horde Paladins were absolutely necessary to balance the game. If the game was set up where Ally and Horde had totally different classes, it would be different, but since they shared 8 of the 9 classes, it was really necessary for game balance purposes to spread the love. The other option would've been near total homogenization of the Paladin and Shaman classes. I think it is much better to have 9 (now 10) fully unique classes instead of 7 unique classes and another class with two different names.

10+ Year Old Account
    So true and yet so sigworthy O.O
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

This

10char

true. (ten characters)

Alliance Shaman and Horde Paladins were absolutely necessary to balance the game.

If anything, they would introduce the next hero class imo. But I doubt we'll see a new race or class with the next expansion. My guess is, they'll make some major changes to old mechanics, so the existing game-elements feel new and fresh again. Like maybe by adding a second power-resource, in addition to mana/focus/rage/energy ... very much like what a couple of classes and specs already have. Or by overhauling the existing glyph-system ... maybe replace it with something similar to a talent-tree. This new tree could unlock abilities, which use that new power-resource.
    That's not going to happen, but that was just an example to describe what I meant with "major changes to old mechanics".