Unhappy Herioc Beth, disc or holy?

Been attempting herioc beth today, and we're having massive problems with healing just before the 3rd devestation. Would it be better if I went holy for this fight instead of disc? Mana wise, not going oom, but I seem to be falling behind when it comes to keeping people alive. Everyone is good when it comes to poison, and we have a hunter/myself to soak, but spinners just seem to be destroying us. Could this be a dps issue and not taunting the spinners asap? Or do we just need to gear up better. 3/4 piece t12 (100 off buying the chest) and 4/4 t12 for the other healers, so we SHOULD be able to handle it, right?

We have a resto druid down bot, myself (disc priest), and our resto shaman up top. We tried a few strats, including having our mage cheese one devestation, and we usually get her to go up on the 2nd one to give us time to regen.

10 man btw, not 25. Have a feeling it would be easier on 25.
    Last edited by Simmias; 2011-09-08 at 10:12 AM.

Deleted
    Spinners being taunted is incredibly incredibly important on 10hc. They were destroying us when we first tried the fight.

I play disco for that fight and usually go up with the tank and the rogue who comes up also. Maybe swapping with the shaman will help with raid healing?

Ensure people are generally grouped up during the devastation. Exception would probably be the hunter and potentially the tank and healer who will be jumping up asap.

It's a very frantic fight to heal anyway. I don't know of a point where you can lay off for a bit.

I two heal it with a pally as a holy priest. we have a pally tank for an extra raid cooldown as well, so in that regard I don't feel disc is necessary. The fact the raid won't be stacked so nicely for disc to profit on DA shields from POH as well is also a downside to that spec in ten man.

Depends on your raid comp i'd say a bit. A shammy going up everytime can easily handle upstairs and come out with dang near full mana if he/ she keeps their water shield up as well, and also gives you a raid cooldown. (make sure they drop healing stream/glyphed nat resist upstairs if you go that route)
    Last edited by Flight; 2011-09-08 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    so we SHOULD be able to handle it, right?
    beth heroic is one of the hardest fights on 10man, just before rag hc. just making sure you plan your progression order smartly

both holy and discipline specs are viable, with a resto druid perhaps disc would be a bit better.

---------- Post added 2011-09-08 at 05:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    I don't feel disc is necessary. The fact the raid won't be stacked so nicely for disc to profit on DA shields from POH as well is also a downside to that spec in ten man.
    thats new and does feel so refreshing after all the discipline cherish

Deleted
    Personally I dont think holy is as viable as discipline in this fight, the barrier is just to strong to miss in Phase 2. Also Discipline still has alot of aoe healing output so I'd definatly be going for discipline.
    Last edited by mmocb2055ab9b7; 2011-09-08 at 04:33 PM.

I two heal it with a pally as a holy priest. we have a pally tank for an extra raid cooldown as well, so in that regard I don't feel disc is necessary. The fact the raid won't be stacked so nicely for disc to profit on DA shields from POH as well is also a downside to that spec in ten man.

Depends on your raid comp i'd say a bit. A shammy going up everytime can easily handle upstairs and come out with dang near full mana if he/ she keeps their water shield up as well, and also gives you a raid cooldown. (make sure they drop healing stream/glyphed nat resist upstairs if you go that route)
    How on earth do you 2 heal this fight? I was entirely unaware that people have been able to 2 heal this fight, considering that I find it one of the harder fights to heal. Is the burn phase fast enough where the damage doesnt do that much with the extra DPS? I'm honestly curious, since I've heard about 2 healing being viable on just about every other fight except this one.

I personally recommend healing the fight as Disc. Barriers are a wonderful thing, which I usually manage to pop at the initial pull / start of the fight, 2nd devastation, and sometime in P2. Our setup is Hpally up top, Disc Priest & Resto Druid at the bottom. I'm healing the soaker and I assist heal the raid whenever I get the chance. Otherwise, raid healing and tank healing down low is primarily the Resto Druid's job and I never really need to PoH until P2 (or sometimes occasionally during devastations). Be wary about your mana though, since it doesn't seem you've hit P2 yet (correct me if I'm wrong). I have gone into P2 with 75%+ mana before (once I think I was sitting at 100%) and would be nearly oom by the end of it. Time your fiend well (I spec into Veiled Shadows this fight) as well as other mana cooldowns. I recommend if you're not topped off in mana at the start of P2, conq pot when the AOE hits aren't so bad. Also, this is a pretty hellish fight when you're learning it and definitely one of my least favorite fights to do.

we're getting to phase 2 every time now ty for the help.

Went up top instead of down below. Extra cooldown (pain suppresion) and timing our bear tank cd's really helped. Popped barrier at the start of the fight, don't know why I wasn't doing that before. Getting to phase 2 at 50% mana though, thinking of respeccing and getting the shorter cooldown on my fiend. There is one thing that REALLY bothers us. Sometimes when Im below, I will be hit from beth...its happened to our druid twice as well :X

I'll link a few parses, would anyone mind going over them to see where we're going wrong in regards to healing? I know our resto druid is getting low on mana past the 2nd devestation, so i generally pop a hymn of hope around that time if I'm down below.
    Last edited by Simmias; 2011-09-09 at 05:02 AM.

We actually just did this fight last week. Having done 5/7 before this, this fight seemed very easy. It only took us about 3 hours of attempt to kill her. I actually had a lot of mana left over.
    I was the healer that went up to heal the tank. Our maintank wasn't around, so had to use a offspec tank, who pretty much is still in mostly t11 tanking gears.
    I did not start the fight by using barrier, instead I stacked up pre-bubbles with POH + Aegis. You can stack this to about 50k on each person. As the fight start, when the pre-bubble drop off, you have to cast about 2 more POH on each group before going up the web with the tank.If you have good coordination with the tank (we agreed on that I would take the first web he taunts, and he would take the 2nd web he taunts, I would click on the web as I see his character's on the web), you can get up there fairly quickly. This way, tank won't need to use a cd while waiting for you to get up there. When up there, make sure that rapture is on CD. We had 2 other dps up the web with me. They were both ranged. It's important to make sure they stay in range, a lot of times they tend to go up the web and remain stationary at the spot they got sent up to. Make sure that the 4 people that are going up are all in one group, and try to position yourself so that tank and the dps are in range for 1 PoH. You can also bounce PoM between you and the dps every tick of fire AOE. Between POM and POH, you shouldn't have to do much direct healing on the dps. You can spend most of your time to making sure the tank is safe. I am not sure if it's b/c our tank is undergeared, or she naturally hits this hard, our tank was getting hit for about 50-60k melee, with fire AOE in between. Sometimes he can drop pretty low fairly quickly without lucky dodge/parry/blocks. I dropped AA for SOS for this fight since I really don't see how I have time to holy fire/smite up there. I generally come down the web with around 65-70% mana the first time round.
    I pop barrier for this round of rains. Druid also pop tranquality. We have no problem healing people here.
    Tank and I go up the web again. I use my shadow fiend the 2nd time I am up the web. I'd get down the web with about 80% mana left.
    We tried to have our mage cheese this 3rd round of rains, but he died 3 out of 4 times we tried this. We were already getting close to a kill, so we decided to just go with healing through the rain. Holy pally would pop Am for this one (note AM doesn't work for AOE in 2nd phase, so might as well use it for rain).
    Tank and I go up the web 3rd time. Same thing, I get down the web with about 65% mana left. The last round of rain isn't as bad. Our druid healer tend to pop concentration pot here. However your soaker is still popping broodlings at the point, and tank's still tanking drone. So on our kill, I didn't end up popping any mana cds here, and pretty much just healed the tank who's tanking drone and the soaker.
    I find that once the raid stablizes, the first few tick of the fire AOE really isn't bad. If you are really in need of mana, you can pop your hymn of hope here or concentration potion. Yes you lose some HPS meter wise, but the other 2 healers should be able to handle the healing for a little bit. (I didn't end up doing this on the actual attempt we killed the boss, our hunter was not doing very well that night, 2 broodlings got through to the raid, I ended up using this time spam healing the raid since most people were low from moving out of the puddles).
    After that, you can just spam POH on the raid, and make sure that you keep rapture on CD. We started rotating CDs at 20 stacks, start with the less powerful cds, and go into the more powerful ones. After 20 stacks, you want to make sure your tanks have cd rolling on them.
    As I get to about 10-20% mana, my shadow fiend would be off cd, this is also around the time that our shadow priest would hymn of hope. I would use shadow fiend with her hymn of hope. I think I ended the fight at more than 50% mana.
    Our hunter really wasn't doing well that night, so my hatchling actually healed beth up by 10% going into p2. She went to 38 stacks on our kill. We somehow pulled it off with only one person dying. I didn't get to use potion of concentration or hymn of hope on the kill. I used a mana pot that gaved me 10k mana.
    I glyphed for prayer of healing for this fight, it ended up to be 4-5% of my healing. Make sure you keep inspiration up on tank, it really helps.

If you put everyone on the ground into the same raid party and use an addon with AoE advice you'll be able to hit the whole party most of the time with Prayer of Healing.