Disc Pants: Haste or Mastery

I've been smite healing and as such can't really decide between haste and mastery as my main stat on pants. While of course, haste is a wonderful stat, more mastery means better bubbles...

What are your thoughts on this?
    <3
    Class: Alli Priest
    Spec: Holy/ Shadow
    Horde Alts @ 85: Mage, Lock, DK, Paladin

Mastery affects direct heals (and atonement) quite pitifully, whereas Haste scales with everything. That said, if you're "smite healing" content, chances are that the content you're doing doesn't matter what stats you pick.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

We'll probably need more information on your situation before we can give you tailored advice. What content are you aiming to heal? Random Dungeons, Heroics, T11 Raids, Firelands? What does your gear currently look like? Which stats have you been stacking so far? What is your usual spell selection (eg. PW:S only for Rapture, a lot of Gheal/Heal spam, etc)?

Unless you're looking to push Heroic Firelands, Kelesti's second comment is pretty spot-on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

Deleted
    Disco pants? definitely something white, flared with sparkly bits. Needs a fairly nice thick belt to go with it tho.

Edit: avoid pants that are like a cheap hotel too (no ballroom), you need a bit of slack to be able to properly get down.
    Almost laughed! But then I didn't. --Kel
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-09-08 at 06:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mainly do heroic dungeons myself and I've been playing around with this recently and I found Haste is by far the better stat. Even though PW:S and Divine Aegis make up a large percentage of my healing, I found when I lowered my haste in favour of master I was struggling to keep people alive. My overall throughput just wasn't as high, as when I favoured Haste over Mastery.

My healing strategy is basically to keep people topped up using HF/Smite while building up my stack and then switching to PW:S and GHeal for any serious healing. I like the play style as I find HF/Smite takes care of the minor stuff that would build up.

However like the other 2 mentioned, it kind of goes out the window in the FL raid. Hit boxes are a little large on some of the bosses and smite will heal useless objects like bloodworms or pets.

Just my 2cents, take it with a grain of salt =)
    And if you want to check out my armory, I'm the only Kellyhrudey (oh and I am far from great but I can hold my own). Try experimenting, I find that's the best. Get a setup you are fairly comfortable with and then make slight changes (nothing drastic or you won't know what messed everything up).
    Last edited by dryankem; 2011-09-08 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    I mainly do heroic dungeons myself and I've been playing around with this recently and I found Haste is by far the better stat. Even though PW:S and Divine Aegis make up a large percentage of my healing, I found when I lowered my haste in favour of master I was struggling to keep people alive. My overall throughput just wasn't as high, as when I favoured Haste over Mastery.
    [...]
    And if you want to check out my armory, I'm the only Kellyhrudey (oh and I am far from great but I can hold my own). Try experimenting, I find that's the best. Get a setup you are fairly comfortable with and then make slight changes (nothing drastic or you won't know what messed everything up).
    Just the kind of response I was looking for.. thank you so much <3
    Last edited by Snowy Vixen; 2011-09-08 at 08:37 PM.
    <3
    Class: Alli Priest
    Spec: Holy/ Shadow
    Horde Alts @ 85: Mage, Lock, DK, Paladin

Careful with this though. I've found through my play style that lots of haste made me heal like a limp noodle and burn my mana to nothing in harder content. Where having the stronger shields from Mastery gave me more time to use big heals when needed. As dryankem recommended, experiment with both and see how it works for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love the "haste makes me oom" posts. May I suggest you look at your play style rather than your stat allocation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Grayswandir, I agree that you can't neglect the other stats and I think if I swung too far one way I would definitely feel the effect.

Snowy Vixen your welcome and I change my spec again last night and I really think this is a much better spec for 5 mans. I dropped ToT all together and went 2 in SoS and tossed 2 back in inspiration. But like I said earlier, just experiment but do it slowly and by the way have fun with it. =)
    Last edited by dryankem; 2011-09-09 at 02:04 PM.