Firefox frequently not responding. HELP!

Title says it all, really.

Firefox frequent, and I mean FREQUENTLY locks up. Youtube is the worst - I watch all my videos on Chrome now. This site also causes a hiccup on Firefox when loading. I'm really not sure what is wrong. I have tried to uninstall/install flash... checked my add ons (I don't really run any; I had ImageBlock for a while but again, not something that's in use).

The error report keeps mentioning a "hungapp" or something, and when I click the Technical information, here is what it says:

C:\DOCUME~1\Ron\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER9ec7.dir00\firefox.exe.mdmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\Ron\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER9ec7.dir00\appcompat.txt

I hope my Firefox-browser days aren't over.
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The best advice I can give you would be to just use Chrome instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used Firefox and that is all that happened to me (since I got windows 7). Also, it started causing my operating system to lock up. I deleted it off my computer and started using chrome again. No problems since.

Wow, thought this was a problem with my computer. Glad to hear it is actually Firefox.

10+ Year Old Account
    are you running the latest stable? i've got no problems with 6.0.2, but had frequent problems with 4.0 once it was taken out of beta

10+ Year Old Account
    Rixis - even with 6.0 people are getting shafted. I'm not sure what is causing the problems, and microsoft support has no idea either. I kept looking around for fixes to the problems and NO one has any idea what is causing it. Its just some people get to experience Firefox locking up their systems :/ I was unfortunately one of them.

@Rixis:
    4.0 was horrid, by I am still having this issue with 6.0.
    I've noticed there are issues opening sites (in general). My Firefox gets slow when loading even the simplest of sites.
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

Deleted
    Never had any of these problems, been using Firefox since the Mozilla browser was no longer supported.

One thing I have noticed is the autocomplete clashes with something in our work database which is a crazy combination of access, VNC and some third party software phone software which often bugs the clipboard. Using the same Firefox builds with the same addons at home I have no issues at all.

If you don't like Firefox anyone use another browser, but enjoy the lack of decent adblocking you may have got used to if using adblock plus in firefox :P

Oh also OP: You are getting a hang pointing to your temp file directory, would be worth cleaning that out.
    Last edited by mmoccff815c062; 2011-09-08 at 10:33 PM.