Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Heroic 10M Majordomo - Tips please?

Hi Guys

Our guild has just had its first night of wiping on Majordomo Heroic 10M and I was looking for some tips.

Raid comp:

Prot Pally

Frost DK
    Fury War

Destro Lock
    MM Hunters x 2
    Arcane Mage
    Ele Shaman (Could Heal)

Disc Priest
    Resto Druid (Could DPS as Boom)

(This is fairly much locked in, our range doesn't have Melee alts that they could bring in to make this easier)

We've been using the 0/7 No Slashes strategy and struggled a little in some respects:

The other range complained about dodging the leaps (I am the arcane mage, so Blink makes this easy obviously). We had everyone moving already at 80-90 energy and they still seemed to be getting hit and losing the buff. Is this 100% avoidable if running at the time?

Our hunters were even getting hit, I would have thought disengage would secure an easy way out every time?

What % do other raids get him down to at first Flame Orbs using 0/7 strat? We were getting him around 60-65%, is that acceptable?

From what I understand also he leaps based off of spec so we couldn't have some of our excess range stack in? I am unsure about this though.

One final thing how do other raids handle the Flame Orb phase? Rotate 2 range on each to 4 stacks? Leaps seem to just about insta kill soakers at bad times.

Any tips would be great, especially on non mage range classes and dodging that leap.

You can't have range stack with the melee. Drag him to an orb so the tank/melee can take an orb. Your range just need to be better aware. If they are moving that early and still getting hit, they're just bad.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    As you've eluded to, it seems like your dps is extremely lacking. I believe most guilds are getting him near 50% out of the first orb phase.

For our first kill, we used disc priest/resto druid healing. The disc priest spec'ed into atonement and DPS'ed for the majority of the fight. I believe he stopped dpsing during orb phases and healed.

We went 0/8/0/8/1/5/0/7/0/7 (dead)

We take 1 flame scythe heading into the orb phase since 2 ranged and 1 melee (in addition to me, the tank) are going to lose their stack anyway, and we like to clear up some of the flame circles that are still on the ground. During the flame scythe, we have our arcane mage, our disc priest, and our hunter step out so they can all keep their stacks.

It seems like you just need to reinforce to your raid that this is a DPS race and that they need to focus. Most of your raiders should be able to easily put out 35k+ dps on this fight. I believe our meters were 44, 43, 37, 36, 35, 34, 33, 27 (lol our other tank's OS) prot war tank at 11k, and the disc priest spamming at 11k. We dont have impressive dps by any means and still found it to be fairly easy.

Tell your destro lock he is using an inferior spec.

We did 3/7/0/7/0/7/0/ (died at first jump of 2nd orb phase).

we took 3 scythes in the beginning with 3 people standing out. During orb phase we had a tank and dk dps do one orb, and a mage/spriest do the other (utilizing ice block and disperse). When range is doing an orb they need to be about 12-15 yards out so if they're jumped on it's not stacked on the orb. Make sure you're using raid cooldowns then (i.e tree form, barrier, pain sup etc). Once you make it out of that phase it's pretty easy.

Also make sure people are moving before the cat jumps away from the center so that they can completely dodge the flame patch. Losing your concentration buff due to dmg is greater than the addition movement of attempting to 'juke' it.

hope this helps

FR

We do 0/7 and repeat. However I'm thinking we will do 4/7/0/7/0/7/0/7/0 this week so we miss the second orb phase. We will have 3 people out for the 4 slashes to start with.

Coming out the 1st orb phase we are at 48ish last kill. Thats with two melee doing one orb (our range are stupid as hell) and a mage + healer doing the other orb.

Make sure your pally is boping one of the melee for the 1st seeds if they are your highest dps (which they should be) so they dont loose their buff. We do it with one true melee (fury warrior) and me, a feral tank in kitty for the fight. So your raid makeup is fine. If people are getting hit by orbs and they are moving, they are too close to the boss. They need to be at max range.

Quote Originally Posted by blastoma View Post
    As you've eluded to, it seems like your dps is extremely lacking. I believe most guilds are getting him near 50% out of the first orb phase.

It seems like you just need to reinforce to your raid that this is a DPS race and that they need to focus. Most of your raiders should be able to easily put out 35k+ dps on this fight. I believe our meters were 44, 43, 37, 36, 35, 34, 33, 27 (lol our other tank's OS) prot war tank at 11k, and the disc priest spamming at 11k. We dont have impressive dps by any means and still found it to be fairly easy.
    I believe our DPS was fairly similar to that, out of flame orb phase we did have him near 50%, my % was as we entered flame orb phase sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Arialla View Post
    You can't have range stack with the melee. Drag him to an orb so the tank/melee can take an orb. Your range just need to be better aware. If they are moving that early and still getting hit, they're just bad.
    Is it still better to do this even if the flame orbs are far apart? ie the group away from the tank/melee will be out of range of dpsing the boss? Do people basically throw away the majority of this phase as a soak and not care that much about damage?

Quote Originally Posted by frshovinstuf View Post
    We did 3/7/0/7/0/7/0/ (died at first jump of 2nd orb phase).

we took 3 scythes in the beginning with 3 people standing out. During orb phase we had a tank and dk dps do one orb, and a mage/spriest do the other (utilizing ice block and disperse). When range is doing an orb they need to be about 12-15 yards out so if they're jumped on it's not stacked on the orb. Make sure you're using raid cooldowns then (i.e tree form, barrier, pain sup etc). Once you make it out of that phase it's pretty easy.

Also make sure people are moving before the cat jumps away from the center so that they can completely dodge the flame patch. Losing your concentration buff due to dmg is greater than the addition movement of attempting to 'juke' it.

hope this helps

FR
    We have people moving pre-emptively from what I saw and they were still getting a tick, I have watched a few videos where this seems to be the case too, I really dont quite understand the mechanic. Is it so touchy that you need like minor boot speed increase to get out of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Tell your destro lock he is using an inferior spec.
    Can you elaborate on this? Our lock is pretty convinced that destro is his best spec. Why do people put away destro, is it simply a harder rotation to keep the DPS up on so people flag it? Or is it simply just behind in DPS when the other specs are geared correctly?

I prefer three healers on this fight to make the orb phases go smoother. We have one healer and one DPS tank each orb, while the third keeps the tank up by himself. If going down a healer allows you to not get a second orb phase, it may be worth it. If you get the second orb phase anyway, then there's no point to running two in my opinion.

Also, unless your dps is so strong you can avoid a second orb phase entirely, I also like to pull the boss as Cat first. This bumps up the orb phases by one, which makes getting leaps on people soaking the orbs hit a bit less hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PHsname View Post
    I prefer three healers on this fight to make the orb phases go smoother. We have one healer and one DPS tank each orb, while the third keeps the tank up by himself. If going down a healer allows you to not get a second orb phase, it may e worth it. If you get the second orb phase anyway, then there's no point to running two in my opinion.

Also, unless your dps is so strong you can avoid a second orb phase entirely, I also like to pull the boss as Cat first. This bumps up the orb phases by one, which makes getting leaps on people soaking the orbs hit a bit less hard.
    3 healers with the 0 scorpion phase is way overkill. We tried it a few weeks ago, most healers averaged 9-10k hps and nuked most of the time. Go with 2 and if your dps is lacking and u get a 2nd orb phase, take a few scorpions hits at the start to push back the 2nd orb phase enough for you to kill it just before 2nd orb phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyotta View Post
    Make sure your pally is boping one of the melee for the 1st seeds if they are your highest dps (which they should be) so they dont loose their buff.
    Oh, wait. What does exactly happen there? Seeds explode without dmg?
    Last edited by Sir Nikotin; 2011-09-09 at 06:21 AM.
    LF something funny to place here.

English isn't my native, sorry for possible mistakes

well, if your ranged keep getting hit by the cat, tell them to goto max range (if they aren't), cause the further they are away, the more time they have to move while the cat is leaping. this will result in a dps loss on the boss from your 2 melee, but they can just kill the cat clone while the boss runs back to the tank. my guild had the same problem with ranged being jumped, but we could stack melee, and just brought 2 ranged, and ofcus the healers... our hunter never ever got hit and topped everyone in dps (no cleave classes in our raid), the other ranged kept getting jumped on and loosing his stacks :3

We've done it consistently by running 3 healers the rotation as followed

On first scorp we had 2 people outside the cleave (highest dps) and on seed the 2 dps say which got highest duration (the one with highest stays outside the other go in to cleave)
    8/7/3/7/2/7/0/7/0

on one orb we have 2 healers rotating
    on second orb we have tank + a melee dps

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nikotin View Post
    what he said, does that really work? as far as i know the seeds are fire damage, and the hand of protection from the paladins only makes you immune to physical damage, not magical :l

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nikotin View Post
    Methinks the seed-debuff gets removed, not sure though. I think Paladins can bubble it off as well... Does Ice Block work as well?

Anyways, if your Hunters and Ele Shaman are getting hit by the leaps tell them that they are obnoxiously bad. The only time you might get hit is when soaking the orbs as your movement-space is a bit limited then.

The way his energy bar fills is a bit random and spiky. It's better to start moving ata 80 energy or so as it might jump from 80 to 100 in 1-2 seconds or so. Ele Shamans dont really lose any DPS from moving with 4pcT12 and Hunters shouldnt really be losing that much DPS either. The best part is if you move into smart places while juking and you get leaped you can really create some space for people by "dropping" the leaps near other leap-fires so they arent everywhere.

It's less of an DPS loss to run out of range for a couple of seconds than losing the buff. Only time you really need to pay attention where you run while trying to dodge a leap is on the 7th since you gotta be able to run to the middle to stack fast enough.

Oh, and mark your healers so that people wont "dodge" the Leaps on top of the healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    Methinks the seed-debuff gets removed, not sure though. I think Paladins can bubble it off as well... Does Ice Block work as well?
    immunities will ofcuz make the seed dmg not break your buff, so if you have dmg immunities you can pretty much "ignore" the seeds, just don't stand next to each other. and i believe hand of protection only removes physical dmg debuffs, bleeds etc... so i don't see how that would help with the seeds :S

EDIT:

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=98450

found it, it's classified as physical, so hand of protection can remove it, oh boy... that's good to know hehe...
    Last edited by Dannz; 2011-09-09 at 06:36 AM.

I think Paladins can bubble it off as well...
    Yeah, but seeds explode when bubbling.

found it, it's classified as physical, so hand of protection can remove it, oh boy... that's good to know hehe...
    More likely pre-bop then. Don't remove, just don't get it. Anyway, some clarification from Izzyotta would be fine.
    Last edited by Sir Nikotin; 2011-09-09 at 06:45 AM.
    LF something funny to place here.

English isn't my native, sorry for possible mistakes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efS88FCK08o

0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0 strat?

Might give it a go on Sunday and see how precise your timing needs to be.

You might wanna post some logs for quantitative analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegsta View Post
    Orbs + seeds would make it hell.

Hunters can go aspect of the fox right before leaps and start moving, ele sham can move and lightning bolt, you (mage) has it figured out, and lock can technically port while it's leaping to him, and move/apply instant casts if on cd.

The orb phases are probably the worst. We took 6 cleaves at the start and then went 7 cat 0 scorpions for rest of fight, it was to try and push for no second orb phase but it happened anyways. When it was scorpion, we tried prolonging it by running out at 70+ energy to help with waiting out for fire to clear and more dps time.

Range cannot stack in melee, they will get leaped on.

For orbs, just make sure the person with it is moving out at 4 while the other starts moving in right as their debuff clears. Some people have a bad habit of waiting til the other person is in then moves out, risking extra stacks.

Also, your disc priest should do attonement spec for this fight, since the healing double-dips from concentration and the dps does help, and no one but the tank should take damage anyways during cat.

Finally, yes you prevent one person from losing concentration through seeds by having the paly bop someone right as people run in during cat before he puts out the seed debuffs. If you do it after he puts it out it's too late and they'll blow up anyways.

To push for more dps, you can have up to 3 people stand out at the start not to eat cleaves to build their concentration. We only had 1 stand out since the cleave damage was substantial and we didn't need that badly of a dps boost at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegsta View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efS88FCK08o

Might give it a go on Sunday and see how precise your timing needs to be.
    That's one of the cheesiest things I've ever seen. I mean, theres nothing that can possibly go wrong, the entire fight. Unless someone blows up with a seed in the stack, or movement is bad, you can't wipe. The only hard part (and it's not that hard) about this entire fight is orb soak + leap. Especially in second orb phase.