Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ocping View Post
    You might wanna post some logs for quantitative analysis.
    Will do from our next raid as I unfortunately dont have any stats from last raid!

Thanks to everyone else for your tips, will go over them with my raid

Quote Originally Posted by efefef View Post
    We have people moving pre-emptively from what I saw and they were still getting a tick, I have watched a few videos where this seems to be the case too, I really dont quite understand the mechanic. Is it so touchy that you need like minor boot speed increase to get out of it?

Can you elaborate on this? Our lock is pretty convinced that destro is his best spec. Why do people put away destro, is it simply a harder rotation to keep the DPS up on so people flag it? Or is it simply just behind in DPS when the other specs are geared correctly?
    Distance is a key factor. Make sure you are near maxed range to make sure his travel him is increased, and moving away from him prior to jump is definitely better than strafing.

This is our kill video PoV holy pally

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvo4JuT-jkg
    his movement is pretty spot on.

Also with regard to your warlock. Destro is one of the worst dps in game atm. check out raidbots.com just not quite raid viable when you compare to affliction, or demo. If he doesn't know that, then I feel like he may not be a good warlock, or at least not up to date. It would be like a rogue going sub, hunter going BM, mage going frost etc.

Quote Originally Posted by frshovinstuf View Post
    Distance is a key factor. Make sure you are near maxed range to make sure his travel him is increased, and moving away from him prior to jump is definitely better than strafing.

Also with regard to your warlock. Destro is one of the worst dps in game atm. check out raidbots.com just not quite raid viable when you compare to affliction, or demo. If he doesn't know that, then I feel like he may not be a good warlock, or at least not up to date. It would be like a rogue going sub, hunter going BM, mage going frost etc.
    I showed your paladin to my guild and told them to do it the way he's doing it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ocping View Post
    You might wanna post some logs for quantitative analysis.
    Here is our attempts last night, pretty sad reading basics were we died on flame orb phase every single time there wasnt some random problem:

worldoflogs.com/reports/rlhgk2sv70533ab5

As you can see we're wiping between 5-5:30 constantly.

I am thinking 3 healers is pretty much the only solution now. Our dps was good enough. with 7 dpsers, having him around 45% on good attempts when wiping at the 5:30~ mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frshovinstuf View Post

If that is what is considered "spot on" then I must be godlike... He fails like the majority of the times he is jumped, he jumps as if it would help, when it reality it hurts him.

---------- Post added 2011-09-13 at 11:04 AM ----------

Here is our attempts last night, pretty sad reading basics were we died on flame orb phase every single time there wasnt some random problem:

worldoflogs.com/reports/rlhgk2sv70533ab5

As you can see we're wiping between 5-5:30 constantly.

I am thinking 3 healers is pretty much the only solution now. Our dps was good enough. with 7 dpsers, having him around 45% on good attempts when wiping at the 5:30~ mark.
    Didn't check the log, but are you doing the following?

Tank + Melee handling one orb, one healer assigned to heal them?
    2 ranged handling the other orb, one healer assigned to heal them?
    Popping personal/tank cooldowns when taking orbs debuffs? The tank should pretty much be popping all his cds in a series here, as the dmg is the highest here. Remember the orbs will only last for 5 jumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    If that is what is considered "spot on" then I must be godlike... He fails like the majority of the times he is jumped, he jumps as if it would help, when it reality it hurts him.

---------- Post added 2011-09-13 at 11:04 AM ----------

Didn't check the log, but are you doing the following?

Tank + Melee handling one orb, one healer assigned to heal them?
    2 ranged handling the other orb, one healer assigned to heal them?
    Popping personal/tank cooldowns when taking orbs debuffs? The tank should pretty much be popping all his cds in a series here, as the dmg is the highest here. Remember the orbs will only last for 5 jumps.
    Yep exactly that, 2 ranged were hunters with deterance too. However as soon as one of them got leapt on or a healer it usually turned to crap.

Deleted
    We did it with 3 healers (1 was smite disc priest) and our dps were not super high. There is nothing wrong about it. If 3-heal works better for you - just go for it.

3 healers is perfectly fine. The last time we 3-healed it (2 weeks ago), we killed him in 8:46 doing something like 4/7/4/7/.... Last week the 3rd healer was running late so we decided to try 2 healing it (h pally, resto druid) with zero scythes, going 0/7/0/7... and killed it in 7:39. Both strategies are perfectly viable. Honestly, from a healer perspective I preferred eating the scythes just to have something to do. There's practically no damage in that fight if you avoid them and it gets quite boring.

Our guild is trying H Domo tomorow night, wondering what scythe strat to use, thinking *3-7-0-7-0-7-0* etc what do you guys think? Also which tank would you recommend?
    Raid comp(for this fight):
    Tank
    Pally(ret OS) OR DK(frost OS)

Heals
    Druid/Disc/Paladin

DPS
    Spriest/Arc mage/Frost DK/Feral Druid/Marks Hunter+Ret OR Frost DK

Yet to attempt this, 2/7 with Shan and Rhyo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinivus View Post
    Our guild is trying H Domo tomorow night, wondering what scythe strat to use, thinking *3-7-0-7-0-7-0* etc what do you guys think? Also which tank would you recommend?
    Raid comp(for this fight):
    Tank
    Pally(ret OS) OR DK(frost OS)

Heals
    Druid/Disc/Paladin

DPS
    Spriest/Arc mage/Frost DK/Feral Druid/Marks Hunter+Ret OR Frost DK

Yet to attempt this, 2/7 with Shan and Rhyo.
    4/7/0/7/0/7/0/7 works best for us.

Paladin tank, frost is great for this fight and paladin tanks are just super OP atm.

Deleted
    The range orb soaking is a real pain because of how RNG it can be, you might get all the jumps on the soakers, and you might get none,

we had the guys soaking stand on either side never on the same side of the orb, and when they switched who was soaking the other would move a good deal away, if they focus each other it is easier to see stacks while they dps - that is how we did it

Deleted
    Hi Guys

Our guild has just had its first night of wiping on Majordomo Heroic 10M and I was looking for some tips.

Raid comp:

Prot Pally

Frost DK
    Fury War

Destro Lock
    MM Hunters x 2
    Arcane Mage
    Ele Shaman (Could Heal)

Disc Priest
    Resto Druid (Could DPS as Boom)

(This is fairly much locked in, our range doesn't have Melee alts that they could bring in to make this easier)

We've been using the 0/7 No Slashes strategy and struggled a little in some respects:

The other range complained about dodging the leaps (I am the arcane mage, so Blink makes this easy obviously). We had everyone moving already at 80-90 energy and they still seemed to be getting hit and losing the buff. Is this 100% avoidable if running at the time?

Our hunters were even getting hit, I would have thought disengage would secure an easy way out every time?

What % do other raids get him down to at first Flame Orbs using 0/7 strat? We were getting him around 60-65%, is that acceptable?

From what I understand also he leaps based off of spec so we couldn't have some of our excess range stack in? I am unsure about this though.

One final thing how do other raids handle the Flame Orb phase? Rotate 2 range on each to 4 stacks? Leaps seem to just about insta kill soakers at bad times.

Any tips would be great, especially on non mage range classes and dodging that leap.
    The guild(10man) i'm in goes(starting with scorpion) 13/7/5/7/5/7/3/5/3.

For the first part, have your druid stand outside the group (thus 1 less of the 2/3 dps that stand outside) so they get the monsterous healing buff. After 6 or 9 cleaves, have your priest pop barrier. They should use power infusion and hymn to help your druid too.

Dont do more than 7 on cat phase as the jumps become so frequent that you'll struggle to stack again without the cat jumping right where you hope to stack.

With orbs, don't be too rigid with groups/order. It confuses people and stops people thinking. It's important for people not taking the orb to stay far far away to avoid leaps nearby. We have people try and not go above 6 stacks at very worse, attempting to swap at 3/4. Only the healers should figure out what positions they should stand, and shouldn't be completely terrified of taking an orb for a very short time.

Keep it calm and controlled, even towards the end. Resist the urge to nuke over following the spread/stack positions.

We do 3 heal this for comfort issues.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by mmocdf76e21f54; 2011-09-14 at 09:35 AM. Reason: clarification

Why would you take scythes at all? You will get one orb phase anyway, and if you know how to survive this orb phase, it's not a problem to have a second one.

Is it still better to do this even if the flame orbs are far apart? ie the group away from the tank/melee will be out of range of dpsing the boss? Do people basically throw away the majority of this phase as a soak and not care that much about damage?
    Why would they be out of range? Orbs target the nearest player. They don't care if the nearest player is 500000 yards away, just make sure no one is standing between them and the orb.

We killed it using a 0/6/0/6... strat until death. Interestingly enough we accidently managed to SKIP the orb phase completely when we attempted him. We had 5 melees + 1 Tank on the Cat, meaning that if one ranged came too close, he would transform into his Scorpion form. It somehow happened that he transformed from cat, to scorpion, to cat again in about 2 Seconds and we went from Seed phase to Seed phase w/o Orbs. Didn't happen in our kill though.
    Last edited by reauxmont; 2011-09-14 at 11:35 AM.

4/7/0/7/0/7/0/7/0

when to you use hero in this strat pls?

Just before the first jump in first cat phase is when everyones bar should be full for the first time.

Your group setup looks pretty good, infact it's fairly similar to ours. We used a combat rogue instead of the ele shaman, and our lock (me!) went demo to cover the spellpower buff, besides that it's the same I think.

0/7 strat works fine, so you should stick with that to avoid confusion.

You're correct in thinking that he chooses who to leap on based on spec, so make sure your ranged are actually at range.

As for dodging leaps, I can't speak for your hunters, but the warlock should never really be getting hit. He should put his portal in the middle of the room, and if the boss leaps towards him he can instantly teleport away. As long as he moves back out to range after teleporting, he'll be fine. Whilst his portal is on cooldown he just needs to stay at max range and pre-move a little before each jump. This also helps with stacking because the warlock can just teleport straight into the middle.

It's also worth mentioning that destruction is a garbage spec. It has the lowest single target of all three warlock specs and doesn't really offer anything useful to make up for it, it's kindof like a mage playing as frost or fire for staghelm, there's just no point. Affliction/Demo are both good, although affliction is probably slightly stronger on this particular fight.

As for dps, you're probably on target if you can clean up getting hit by leaps. We usually hit the orb phase on around 50%, so depending on whether anything goes wrong or not we either kill it just before or during the second orb phase. It looks like you're going to get two orb phases at the moment, but with a little personal improvement from your dps you can probably improve on that. (Approx 40k each should be fine for killing it before the 2nd orb phase).
    Last edited by avengingbt; 2011-09-14 at 12:52 PM.

Questions...i have watched vids so please bare with me here. I just havent seen this option though
    The scythes if we do 0 of them option...when will we get seeds? is it a percentage or the x.th time we change him to scorpion form.
    When he is scorpion form is it quicker now to run out to set him to cat form again? Is the cast time for scythe the same?

many thanks

Deleted
    You will gets seeds depending on which form you start in, and he uses orbs/seeds on every third transformation depending on the form he will shift intoo. So if you start the fight in scorpion form, he will go Seeds - Orbs - Seeds - Orbs. If you start out in cat form, he goes orbs - seeds - orbs - seeds

Seeds are the least troublesome, so you should start the fight in Scorpion form.

Quote Originally Posted by mortiferdea View Post
    Questions...i have watched vids so please bare with me here. I just havent seen this option though
    The scythes if we do 0 of them option...when will we get seeds? is it a percentage or the x.th time we change him to scorpion form.
    When he is scorpion form is it quicker now to run out to set him to cat form again? Is the cast time for scythe the same?

many thanks
    He uses his 'special abilities'(Orbs or Seeds) every 3rd shapeshift. If the 3rd shapeshift is from cat to scorpion, you get Seeds. If it's from scorpion to cat, you get Orbs.

Meaning if you're planning to start in scorpion, he will shift from human to scorp (1), from scorp to cat (2), from cat to scorp (3) -> Seeds. After that, he changes from scorp to cat (1), from cat to scorp (2) and from scorp to cat (3) -> Orbs. Repeat until death.

Thanks rocketbear