Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account

I'm not angry! D:
    Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Lc0Evl.jpg[MG]
    Skelington laughed. Ash is an embarrassing adaptation of Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Same here, and it's actually spot-on.

15+ Year Old Account

Dunno what that is, but it sure sounds like me.

So he's also an asshole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post

So he's also an asshole.
    That’s awesome I laughed hard.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

So he's also an asshole.
    Honestly, having seen the BW2 trailer - my mind wasn't willing to accept that fact that Ash and his derpness remains the core of the show. Honestly those 2½ minutes of trailer shat all over Ash and his derp-ventures for the past 3 generations....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Unfortunately that's the main fault with the anime, I think they should keep it for children, but they should definitely make a more grown-up version with more mature and better characters. The BW2 trailer could've made a brilliant anime
    Exactly, I mean they could *easily* just do a second series really and have it as 14+ or something like Narotu or something similiar, since it would still involve children and teens but not retarded 10 year old boys without a functioning braincell left. Ash was fine back when the show was gen 1 and gen 2... But honestly, the pattern never changes "Goes to new region - abandons all his powerhouses - keeps pikachu - finds new friends"... And if one has seen episodes of the Gen 5 show - Ash magically looks a lot younger and has lost what little remained of his common sense.

EDIT: Not to mention that Gen 5 would be a perfect time to make a more serious show, since the tone and atmosphere of Black and White is somewhat more mature and dark. That and the player avatars are somewhat older than the usual 10 year olds we saw in gen 1-4.

(Side note - Dear Nintendo, please make a pokemon RPG for the Wii - like Colloseum 3 or something, the previous games were made of awesome - especially the first, Wez was awesome.)
    Last edited by Venziir; 2012-07-08 at 05:44 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's anything but consistent. The first gen worked because he was new to it. The derp was understandable, he just never learnt from his mistakes :s

I don't think they'll do a second series, probably best to stick to the games and the manga
    Nah doubt they will.... But one can hope. I mean reboots *do* happen, as does continuations.... Sigh.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried the manga? I think you'd like Red
    I haven't no. Mainly because I have no idea where to find it really. Never seen it in a shop, though I'd assume I could easily find it on the interwebs.
    From what I've heard it gets *quite* brutal... I remember reading something about an arbok getting cut in half by one of the main characters pokemons.

10+ Year Old Account

spot on xD

10+ Year Old Account

Fits very well.

Deleted
    Pika pi~!

Also, Pikachu Leek Spin:

(Click the dancing thunder-mouse!!)

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Pika pi~!

Also, Pikachu Leek Spin:

(Click the dancing thunder-mouse!!)
    Kill it with FIRE!
    ... Am I the only one who always found Pikachu annoying really? Stupid pre-evo cheat-mouse....

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can read it online (I think I know a website, but I can't post the link here) .. Is there a shop chain called "Forbidden Planet" anywhere near you? They sell a lot of manga and that's where I normally go
    "Forbidden Planet"... Hmm nope, can't say I've ever heard of the chain really... Sounds like a shame though. I'll browse the net later though, see if I can't find it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Kill it with FIRE!
    ... Am I the only one who always found Pikachu annoying really? Stupid pre-evo cheat-mouse....
    He was annoyingly competent. xD
    I always liked them aesthetically and found stuff like that clip cute in its whatthefuckery, but the Blitzmaus is far from being one of my favourites.

Alright, so I have been replaying Pokemon Sapphire to train up some strong pokemon to transfer to the poke park for my Soul Silver, and my goal for this playthrough is to use pokemon I have never used before. My current party consists of
    Skarmory
    Aron- who will evolve to aggron
    Beautifly
    Manectric
    Marshtomp- who will be a swampert
    and last but not least, Seviper

I have been thinking about replacing beautifly as it has very mediocre base stats and neither learns powerful flying moves naturally nor grass moves(save for Giga drain, but it has very limited pp) with either a Flygon, Salamance, or Tropius. Any suggestions? Other ideas to replace beautifly?

also, I never knew how powerful seviper was, I'm glad I decided to use pokemon I never tried before.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Kill it with FIRE!
    Not annoying per se, but definitely overdone, especially in the anime where it's treated as a god-that-will-always-win-anyway-so-why-does-Ash-use-other-pokemon-/-have-friends? And it's kind of useless in game.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    He was annoyingly competent. xD
    I always liked them aesthetically and found stuff like that clip cute in its whatthefuckery, but the Blitzmaus is far from being one of my favourites.
    Annoyingly competent? Hah that's one word for it... "Oh, is that a Rhydon - why, I'll just aim my thunder at it's horn"... !!!! Cheater! >.>

---------- Post added 2012-07-08 at 06:12 PM ----------

Not annoying per se, but definitely overdone, especially in the anime where it's treated as a god-that-will-always-win-anyway-so-why-does-Ash-use-other-pokemon-/-have-friends? And it's kind of useless in game.
    Read the bit where they wanted Clefairy to have been his starter pokemon? As much as I dislike Pikachu - the idea of replacing all the Pikachu pictures, posters and what not with Clefairy... Just scares me to death. Clefairy is just pure evil!

---------- Post added 2012-07-08 at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Alright, so I have been replaying Pokemon Sapphire to train up some strong pokemon to transfer to the poke park for my Soul Silver, and my goal for this playthrough is to use pokemon I have never used before. My current party consists of
    Skarmory
    Aron- who will evolve to aggron
    Beautifly
    Manectric
    Marshtomp- who will be a swampert
    and last but not least, Seviper

I have been thinking about replacing beautifly as it has very mediocre base stats and neither learns powerful flying moves naturally nor grass moves(save for Giga drain, but it has very limited pp) with either a Flygon, Salamance, or Tropius. Any suggestions? Other ideas to replace beautifly?

also, I never knew how powerful seviper was, I'm glad I decided to use pokemon I never tried before.
    Both Flygon and Salamence were both amazing in 3rd gen - only issue is the 4x weakness to ice though. I'd dump Beautifly, just too many weaknesses as bug/flying. And I'd never use Tropius really. I'd suggest a Metagross in there somewhere. And of course some of the legendaries for obvious reasons.