Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    WHen they announced ORAS, I took a good, long look at my favorite team (original Sapphire.)

It's fuckin' depressing how bad they are. xD It's actually almost comical; their natures are almost all explicitly negative to their main stats.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I have my Ruby team intact. NODUORG and AZAUQYAR are currently in Y to give Dex credit, rest of them are chilling in HG.
    Well, a family friend erased my original sapphire save remember? XD
    I would love to have kept my first Sceptile!

SO FUCKING GOOD!

10+ Year Old Account
    A story:

My boyfriend's hyper-religious, crazy-as-fuck stepmom banned video games from their house. But she, like, worshiped his dad's sister because she was rich, and she let her kids play video games. So when my boyfriend went to his cousin's house, he was allowed to play them there.

Well, he was (secretly) loaned a Sapphire cartridge by his cousin. He took it home with him and went to great lengths to keep it hidden from his stepmom. He had that thing for years (way into the lifespan of the game + emerald) and he never knew his Mightyena was shiny until he took it to school with him to battle with his friends. See, it had intimidate, and abilities were new - he just thought that shine animation was the animation for Intimidate. It never occurred to him Poochy/Mightyena were actually black and not brown, I guess he just never gave it a lot of mind.

Well eventually he got found out after his crazy stepmom searched his backpack and he had forgotten to remove his SP before she did (because that was fucking common behavior for her.) She kinda flipped out, but he managed to say he was just borrowing it fromt he cousin, and eventually had to return it.

The cousin deigned to let him keep the cartridge, because he had since moved on from Pokemon and thought it was dumb. So he was playing it at a family reunion, and was showing it to his cousin (who didn't care) that he had filled the dex and had all this neat shit. Closed the SP, sat it down, went off, and...

Carlos. The file was Carlos. Saved. 2 minutes played. 0 badges. 0 dex. Some kid had erased his file.

HEART CRUSHED.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

You got Heroes of the Storm access Rylee? Gratz!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Carlos. The file was Carlos. Saved. 2 minutes played. 0 badges. 0 dex. Some kid had erased his file.

HEART CRUSHED.
    That's how I felt when my first file got erased from that little brat daughter of our family friend. NEVER leave your SP anywhere where a kid might get at it. They can and will erase your save!

lets see if my old toaster can run HoTS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    That's how I felt when my first file got erased from that little brat daughter of our family friend. NEVER leave your SP anywhere where a kid might get at it. They can and will erase your save!
    We were all dumb kids once.

*Goes back to breeding Poochyena* I want, so badly, to surprise him with a baby shiny for ORAS remakes. It'd mean a lot to him.

Also I'm super thankful for the failsafe mechanisms in the new games that won't let you erase your file unless you know the command at the start screen.

WHen they announced ORAS, I took a good, long look at my favorite team (original Sapphire.)

It's fuckin' depressing how bad they are. xD It's actually almost comical; their natures are almost all explicitly negative to their main stats.
    Let's see...

Blaziken: Naughty Nature. Actually somewhat useful, especially post 4th gen.
    Shiftry: Impish Nature. Not very useful...
    Pelipper: Modest nature. Actually useful. IF his movepool wasn't full physical...
    Aggron: Quiet nature. Possibly worst nature he could have
    Gyarados: Timid nature. Well yeah....
    Latios: Docile nature. That's actually pretty decent all things considered
    Groudon: Quirky. Yay, another neutral!
    Rayquaza: Careful. I quess it's not the worst.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2014-07-03 at 08:06 PM.

Let's see...

Well, water WAS special in gen 3, so timid Gyarados wouldn't be the worst thing.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    A story:

My boyfriend's hyper-religious, crazy-as-fuck stepmom banned video games from their house. But she, like, worshiped his dad's sister because she was rich, and she let her kids play video games. So when my boyfriend went to his cousin's house, he was allowed to play them there.

Well, he was (secretly) loaned a Sapphire cartridge by his cousin. He took it home with him and went to great lengths to keep it hidden from his stepmom. He had that thing for years (way into the lifespan of the game + emerald) and he never knew his Mightyena was shiny until he took it to school with him to battle with his friends. See, it had intimidate, and abilities were new - he just thought that shine animation was the animation for Intimidate. It never occurred to him Poochy/Mightyena were actually black and not brown, I guess he just never gave it a lot of mind.

Well eventually he got found out after his crazy stepmom searched his backpack and he had forgotten to remove his SP before she did (because that was fucking common behavior for her.) She kinda flipped out, but he managed to say he was just borrowing it fromt he cousin, and eventually had to return it.

The cousin deigned to let him keep the cartridge, because he had since moved on from Pokemon and thought it was dumb. So he was playing it at a family reunion, and was showing it to his cousin (who didn't care) that he had filled the dex and had all this neat shit. Closed the SP, sat it down, went off, and...

HEART CRUSHED.
    recent or long ago?

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see...

Blaziken: Naughty Nature. Actually somewhat useful, especially post 4th gen.
    Shiftry: Impish Nature. Not very useful...
    Pelipper: Modest nature. Actually useful. IF his movepool wasn't full physical...
    Aggron: Quiet nature. Possibly worst nature he could have
    Latios: Docile nature. That's actually pretty decent all things considered
    Groudon: Quirky. Yay, another neutral!
    Rayquaza: Careful. I quess it's not the worst.
    This is about to get embarrassing... lol

Cheif (Yes it's spelled wrong.) the Blaziken - Fire Blast, Blaze Kick, Sky Uppercut, Will-o-wisp. Calm (-atk + spdef) - uuuggghhh
    Flitter the Swellow. Fly, Air Slash, Aerial Ace, Quick Attack. Sassy (+spdef -spd) - A swellow with -spd nature >.>;
    Yuffie the Mightyena. Dark Pulse, Secret Power, Toxic, Crunch. Modest (-atk +spatk) - I guess in gen 3 dark was special... *headdesk*
    Crossroads the Gardevoir. Thunderbolt, Psychic, Energy Ball, Future Sight. Calm (-atk +spdef) - So this one's not so bad! Her moveset is even varied!
    Mama the Azumarill. Surf, Ice Beam, Waterfall, Dive. Modest (-atk +spatk.) - Again, not the worst... water WAS special back then. But she's got Huge Power...
    Odeley the Linoone. Blizzard, Strength, Ice Beam, Cut. Timid (+spd -atk) - Jesus this Pokemon sucks, there are just no words for it

All in all... the nicknames are the most embarrassing part. I EXCUSE MYSELF WITH THE STATEMENT THAT I WAS LIKE 11 OKAY

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by king of lag View Post
    recent or long ago?
    When he was a kid.

Cheif (Yes it's spelled wrong.) the Blaziken - Fire Blast, Blaze Kick, Sky Uppercut, Will-o-wisp. Calm (-atk + spdef) - uuuggghhh
    Flitter the Swellow. Fly, Air Slash, Aerial Ace, Quick Attack. Sassy (+spdef -spd) - A swellow with -spd nature >.>;
    Yuffie the Mightyena. Dark Pulse, Secret Power, Toxic, Crunch. Modest (-atk +spatk) - I guess in gen 3 dark was special... *headdesk*
    Crossroads the Gardevoir. Thunderbolt, Psychic, Energy Ball, Future Sight. Calm (-atk +spdef) - So this one's not so bad! Her moveset is even varied!
    Mama the Azumarill. Surf, Ice Beam, Waterfall, Dive. Modest (-atk +spatk.) - Again, not the worst... water WAS special back then. But she's got Huge Power...
    Odeley the Linoone. Blizzard, Strength, Ice Beam, Cut. Timid (+spd -atk) - Jesus this Pokemon sucks, there are just no words for it

All in all... the nicknames are the most embarrassing part. I EXCUSE MYSELF WITH THE STATEMENT THAT I WAS LIKE 11 OKAY

- - - Updated - - -

When he was a kid.
    Those moves were introduced in gen 4, I call shenanigans!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Those moves were introduced in gen 4, I call shenanigans!
    They have been used and reused over and over in every gen I've transferred them into. AT one point, the Blaziken had Rock Climb and I remember deleting it and replacing it with SKy Uppercut, which he had before that HM.

That was Gen 4, I think?

- - - Updated - - -

If ya need proof I can take pictures, but that'd also involve me digging up my original Sapphire cart.. xD

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

When he was a kid.
    ah, mmk, thanks

All I remember from past gens when I was a kid is me doing everything in my power to obtain a mew from a guy, then teaching it thunder, blizzard, fire blast plus hyper beam and going into the league using blizzard on ALL of lorelei's pokemon.

On second thought, I might be able to trace an old cartridge of mine... let me check

Deleted
    I will buy Omega Ruby, and the one that shall face Groudon in combat will be none other then a son of my current lvl 100 Aggron. As it should be.
    THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE KING OF THE MOUNTAIN!

10+ Year Old Account
    They have been used and reused over and over in every gen I've transferred them into. AT one point, the Blaziken had Rock Climb and I remember deleting it and replacing it with SKy Uppercut, which he had before that HM.

That was Gen 4, I think?

- - - Updated - - -

If ya need proof I can take pictures, but that'd also involve me digging up my original Sapphire cart.. xD
    http://i.imgur.com/oN30FCH.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/sJUqZu5.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/KeOtu6g.jpg

I cannot tell a lie, for I am Viscoe the TruthWolf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylee View Post
    A flying or psychic type pokemon, no more paying for travel! Feck you TFL!
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!