Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    That trailer... atleast it'd put up a challenge against the original Digimon anime with that. I normally don't dig animes at all, but that really blew me away. And please, I want the soundtrack for that trailer, that Team Plasma theme with electric guitar was fucking badass.
    It's really leaving me wondering, where were these people (who developed the trailer) while the anime is being made? Much more interesting battles, as well as music, which you then compare to the anime, which has the same old characters, music and sequences of action.

Giggling? Haven't done that in years...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Agree completely

I think Gen 5 is by far the best, followed by Gen 2, then Gen 1, then 3 and 4.

I really want a Hoenn remake, I don't remember the region well enough and I want to replay it.
    I really disliked Pearl and Platinum though (I didn't play Diamond)
    For me, Gen 3 was the best, and I am really a sucker for remakes too. Hope they will release them next year, as it is 10 years anniversary for the game. They did this with Red/Green and Gold/Silver.
    Then Gen 2. I also loved this generation.
    Then the three last Gens. In my opinion. I thought there were too many uninteresting pokémon in Gen 1 and 5. 4 was better with that, but I still feel it lacks something.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    The GEN 1 IS TEH BEST people really bug me. It's funny, because those people often never even played the other Gens besides maybe 2, back in early 2000's when they were about 8 or something.

To be fair, every gen has there blunders, but you can't deny the gameplay has improved for the better in the newer gens.
    Eh, I don't know, Gen 1 is my favorite and I have followed every generation of Pokémon as they were released. Personally I think the newer designs for Pokémon are quite ugly most of the time, they just don't appeal to me. AND BEFORE SOMEONE LINKS A PICTURE OF JYNX or MR. MIME: Yes, gen 1 had its flaws too, but to me it had less flaws than the other generations. Sometimes they just over-do the designs of some Pokémon instead of keeping it simple, and even when they try to keep it simple it kind of flops. There's also waaay too many legendaries, I liked it when legendaries were... well, legendary. They also have to possess some kind of over-the-top ability like controlling time or space. They also for some reason need some mythology tied to them, which was cool with Groudon and Kyogre, but it already became cliché with Palkia and Dialga.

My generation preferences goes something like this:

Gen 1 > Gen 2 = Gen 3 > Gen 5 > Gen 4.

That is by Pokémon design though, there's no doubt that Gen 5 has the superior gameplay. Heck, it'd be stupid if the gameplay had degraded over the years.

I'm not trying to rub it into people's face that I prefer Gen 1 though. Any reasonable person knows of the magical word ''Opinions.''

And yes, a Hoenn remake would be amazing. It's just kind of odd that Red/Blue was remade during the 3rd generation, and now we're remaking a generation that was remaking another generation. Kind of makes the Red/Blue remakes outdated remakes. I think the focus should be put on the Hoenn remake though, no need to remake a remake.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-07-09 at 10:35 AM.

Deleted

Thats me down to a T WHAT SORCERY IS THIS!

15+ Year Old Account
    I love Generation 1, it has my favourite Pokémon in it (Jolteon) and I have great memories of it. I very recently played Yellow again and I enjoyed playing Leaf Green when it came out.

However, I firmly believe that anyone who played Generation 2 and claimed the first was better is just using some God Mode rose-tinted glasses. I found the improvements to be mind-blowing. Also, Pokémon Johto had the better theme tune of the two.

/subjective objectiveness

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I don't feel like I should be judging Gen 3 though because its' been so long since I played it haha, the only reason I put it low is because it doesn't have a remake and it was so long ago, I'm not going to play the old ones because I will immediately dislike them for feeling clunky/old compared to B/W, but there is no other way to remind myself of the gen :<

Gen 4 I just disliked. I don't even know why, I thought maybe I was just getting tired of the games but I enjoyed B/W massively so it couldn't have been
    I do hope that this music rekindles your love for gen 3 :<

For me gen 3 had the BEST music of all the games. Oh and Wallace is my husbandu in another life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sootopolis was such an awesome city, I loved the terrain, the idea. And I loved the underwater outside, I really miss that. Being able to dive underwater.

Deleted
    The bit that gets me is in Emerald when you stop the fighting between Kyogre and Groudon and then the music plays. But I loved Hoenn because of all the water, oh and diving, that was fun.

Gen 2, 3, 1, 4, 5. I'm sorry, but some pokemon are just getting ridiculous. You know there is something wrong when the concept for the fire starter is the same as the previous generation, but a monkey instead of a chicken.

For me gen 3 had the BEST music of all the games.
    Agreed. I love those trumpets too.

I think it had the best map too. There was a lot of surfing, but I didn't mind that. Way better than Unova's circle map. The Pokemon are probably my favourites after Gen 1. If the games weren't outdated, it'd be my favourite generation overall.

Gen 4 is the MW3 of Pokemon games.

5>1>2=3>4, for me.

If I had to rank them, it would be: Gen 1 > Gen 3 > Gen 2 > Gen 5 > Gen 4 for Pokemon designs. I love them all, although Gen 4 had a lot more bad designs than the others.

If I was ranking the games, Gen 4 would probably come first simply because of HG/SS. It would be hard to rank the others. Gen 5 has much better gameplay and a better story than the other generations, but everything else I thought was a step down. I wouldn't be able to replay the Gen 1/2/3 games, but I thought they were better for their times.

I like them all equally, but Gen 1 is my favorite games (simply because they're the ones that got me hooked). The others gameplay is better though. And Gen 3 and 4 are the ones with my 3 favorite Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Gen 4 is the MW3 of Pokemon games.

5>1>2=3>4, for me.
    I would have to agree with this but switch 1>5

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have to say something like(and this is for the mons only, not the gameplay obviously :P) 1=2=3>5(only slightly though)>>>>>>4. Something about 4 just rubbed me the wrong way :3

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

For me:

Gen 5 > Gen 2 > Gen 1 > Gen 3 > Gen 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    For me:

Gen 5 > Gen 2 > Gen 1 > Gen 3 > Gen 4
    This about sums it up for me as well. Even with the nostalgic connection with Gen 1, I still enjoyed 5 and 2 more. 1 and 3 may be tied if not very close, though.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Am I the only person in the world that loved 4th gen it some my most favorite pokemon. If I had to list it Id go

4 gen>5 gen>2 gen >1 gen>3 gen

I don't know why but looking back at the hoenn just makes me want to vomit in boredom.

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of pokemon

Gen 3 > Gen 1 > Gen 2 > Gen 5 > Gen 4

In terms of environment

Gen 2 >/= Gen 5 > Gen 3 > Gen 4 > Gen 1

In terms of gameplay

Gen 5 > Gen 4 > Gen 3 > Gen 2 > Gen 1 (gameplay is the only one imo where the game has consistently gotten better.)

Deleted
    Oh this listing bandwagon looks fun.

3>4>5>2>1