Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    All third versions have changed the sprites
    New pokemon? You mean pokemon from other regions...Like i said, changing spawn locations.
    New story? Its still team plasma except this time they decided to split into two groups. Team Rocket and the original team plasma. Originality
    The new difficulty is Artificial, not really a feature.
    Couldnt you challenge past gym leaders in Emerald? On the Battle Island?
    There's going to be about 300 Pokemon pre-Elite 4, that's the biggest Regional Dex yet and double the amount in B/W.
    The new Challenge Key apparently raises trainer's AI, not just their stats. It should be interesting.
    I never played Emerald, so I'm not entirely sure how the Battle Frontier worked. Still, the World Tournament should give 5th gen some much needed endgame.

I agree it's just a cash-grab, but at least they're trying to make some improvements and not just rehashing it entirely.
    Last edited by Duruka; 2012-07-10 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    There's going to be about 300 Pokemon pre-Elite 4, that's the biggest National Dex yet and double the amount in B/W.
    The new Challenge Key apparently raises trainer's AI, not just their stats. It should be interesting.
    I never played Emerald, so I'm not entirely sure how the Battle Frontier worked. Still, the World Tournament should give 5th gen some much needed endgame.
    But its still existing pokemon? Why is this a big deal.
    Improved AI means jack shit when you 1 shot every pokemon anyway.

But its still existing pokemon? Why is this a big deal.
    Improved AI means jack shit when you 1 shot every pokemon anyway.
    The new regional dex isn't a huge deal, but it's a pretty big change from B/W, which only had new Pokemon.

Hopefully using the Challenge Key means you won't one-shot everything. I think that's the point of it. Maybe you will with your high levelled post-E4 team, but it should make replays a lot more interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    But...Rayquaza was the main legendary D:

Hes awesome.

And Emerald actually changed the "story".
    So did Platinum IIRC (Didnt really play it all the way through :<)
    They fixed it imo. Made more sense this way. Plus it added the Battle Frontier.
    Black Lives Matter

The next time I see a Rattata, Pidgey, Zubat, or Tentacool in a pokemon game, I'm just putting it down, hopefully for them to never haunt me again.

Quote Originally Posted by the_fallen View Post
    They fixed it imo. Made more sense this way. Plus it added the Battle Frontier.
    They turned them into villains with a mentality of 5 year olds they were actual bad guys in the anime now that is just sad that is why i hated gen 3 the villains were idiots not villains. The battle front tier was so stupid no exp per battle some you can't even use your own pokemon. Wallace replacing steven AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. wow my hate for gen 3 is alot. Wish Kyruem was the main villain of B/W2 instead of team plasma again. Pokemon that in slaves humans would be awesome
    Last edited by turlyonlost to tirion wtf; 2012-07-10 at 04:10 AM.
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the Battle Factory D:
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they had one of the plots of the games really involve one of the legendary guys or some cult of the more intelligent/humanoid Pokemon as the main bad guys instead of Team ____ every time. Like I know most of the time the box cover ones have played an important part in the story, but its mostly because of the actions of the human bads most of the time.

I want the final end all boss of the game to be something like Mewtwo in Pokemon Stadium 1 and you only get a chance to capture it after you defeat it instead of just loling and throwing a Master Ball. I want to see some uber powerful legendary just wreck shit during your adventure and actually feel like some bad ass monster that could kill you, not just some special rare/event/plot device/Pokedex filler character. I want a truly EVIL or insane one to just keep popping up to hand you your ass instead of some rival. I want a Pokemon that is tired of humans running things and is ready to go genocidal on their collective behinds. I really wish they had used Mewtwo or Deoxys or someone as a plot character in a later game rather then just the generation they appeared in.

Makes me sad knowing that for the most part all of these awesome legendary bad asses have their demises being in the form of a Pokeball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    I wish they had one of the plots of the games really involve one of the legendary guys or some cult of the more intelligent/humanoid Pokemon as the main bad guys instead of Team ____ every time. Like I know most of the time the box cover ones have played an important part in the story, but its mostly because of the actions of the human bads most of the time.

I want the final end all boss of the game to be something like Mewtwo in Pokemon Stadium 1 and you only get a chance to capture it after you defeat it instead of just loling and throwing a Master Ball. I want to see some uber powerful legendary just wreck shit during your adventure and actually feel like some bad ass monster that could kill you, not just some special rare/event/plot device/Pokedex filler character. I want a truly EVIL or insane one to just keep popping up to hand you your ass instead of some rival. I want a Pokemon that is tired of humans running things and is ready to go genocidal on their collective behinds. I really wish they had used Mewtwo or Deoxys or someone as a plot character in a later game rather then just the generation they appeared in.

Makes me sad knowing that for the most part all of these awesome legendary bad asses have their demises being in the form of a Pokeball.
    You use Master Balls on legendaries? Pfft, fool. You do that shit with the off-set balls like Net Balls or Dusk Balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    You use Master Balls on legendaries? Pfft, fool. You do that shit with the off-set balls like Net Balls or Dusk Balls.
    Real men catch legendarys in Premier Balls. Thats how I caught my Victini <3

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Emerald changed the outcome of the Team conflict slightly. Platinum added some kooky thing with Giratina that was just a slight story extension. Crystal added a little side-event with Suicune.

They're basically always slightly changed re-releases with a few minor improvements. Now there's two, with twice the minor improvements.
    And yellow added Jesse, James and Meowth.... And a pikachu which followed you around. And an eevee snatching Gary/Blue.

---------- Post added 2012-07-10 at 01:58 PM ----------

Real men catch legendarys in Premier Balls. Thats how I caught my Victini <3
    Real men FORCE legendaries into pokeballs.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    And yellow added Jesse, James and Meowth.... And a pikachu which followed you around. And an eevee snatching Gary/Blue.
    Yellow also gave you all three starter pokemon in similar ways to how Ash got them in the show <3

Forgot how much I liked that...

Deleted
    Yellow also gave you all three starter pokemon in similar ways to how Ash got them in the show <3

And an ingame trade that led to an evolution. That made me so happy <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwaarg View Post
    And an ingame trade that led to an evolution. That made me so happy <3
    Machamp right I remember that!

I think BW has one too where you can get a Gigalith.
    Black Lives Matter

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    But its Ar-kay-us
    Nope - it's Ar-say-us. I thought it was Ar-kay-us as well until I heard it pronounced by some of the gamefreaks people in an interview.

---------- Post added 2012-07-10 at 09:55 PM ----------

Machamp right I remember that!

I think BW has one too where you can get a Gigalith.
    And Pearl/Diamond has one who'll trade a Haunter for a Medicham - so that's a Gengar.

---------- Post added 2012-07-10 at 09:57 PM ----------

Yeah that was quite neat... Even though I just threw all of 'em on the pc and power-leveled Charizard.... Sure it may have a 4 x rock weakness, but in the gen 1 games there were only TWO rock attacks and one had a terrible accuracy and the other a terrible damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bulbapedia says:

Quote Originally Posted by http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Arceus
    Its official pronunciation was then revealed in a Pokémon.com mailbag as "ARK-ee-us". Its original pronunciation is still in popular usage.
    Black Lives Matter

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh don't get me wrong. You are 100% right in saying they missed the point. I mean Jesus you can't even catch a Pokemon (unless it is somebody else owns it already)
    In Coliseum and there is one gym. I still have nightmares about Pokechannel and what I had to go through to get Jirachi as a child.
    Not quite - in Gale of Darkness XD you can catch them with regular balls if they appear at a poke-spot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post

And Pearl/Diamond has one who'll trade a Haunter for a Medicham - so that's a Gengar.
    It holds an Everstone - it doesn't evolve. In the in game trade in BW is where you trade the Boldore rather than receive it. Double cockblock

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Bulbapedia says:
    Odd.... O well.

---------- Post added 2012-07-10 at 10:00 PM ----------

It holds an Everstone - it doesn't evolve. In the in game trade in BW is where you trade the Boldore rather than receive it. Double cockblock
    ............... Oh yeah I actually remember that.... That makes the npc quite the lil' bitch.

---------- Post added 2012-07-10 at 10:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Coliseum was great fun, but my disc is ruined. Brother is trying to rent XD though; figured I'd try it out, even if the player is a bit...underwhelming.
    Yeah that really bugged me with XD... In the first one you played as Wes, a tough guy in a badass suit riding a wierd-home-made motorcycle with his Espeon and Umbreon and he used to be a bad guy.... In XD you play a ginger kid, with an eevee, a moped and a missing kid sister..... FAIL!

I will continue to call it Ar-see-us, because the k sound randomly there sounds awful.