Thread: Pokémon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I think Umbreon and Espeon might be tied with Ampharos too. :<
    Espeon is so kawaii, dat cry.

Quote Originally Posted by jlopez707 View Post
    So guys nobody gave me any answers! Which Pokemon should I Nuzlocke? Preferably a hack, but I guess a regular one would do. I was thinking maybe Emerald or Crystal?
    Emerald but I am biased as hell

10+ Year Old Account
    My choices have nothing to do with efficiency or power, simply the ones I like:

Kanto: Arcanine

Johto: Ursaring

Hoenn: Aron

Sinnoh: Duskull

Unova: I love so many of them, but I'll have to settle for a dead lock between Galvantula and Scolipede
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

So guys nobody gave me any answers! Which Pokemon should I Nuzlocke? Preferably a hack, but I guess a regular one would do. I was thinking maybe Emerald or Crystal?
    Have you checked out the Emerald Randomizer? Every wild Pokemon you run into is completely random. I don't know if it would be the best for a Nuzlocke run, but it could be cool.

What was nuzlocke, again? I forgot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    What was nuzlocke, again? I forgot.
    I believe it's a hack.
    Black Lives Matter

That sounds stupid, sorry. I've never been a fan of arbitrary difficulties.
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kanto

Johto

Hoenn

Sinnoh

Unova

Honorable Mentions:

<3
    Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by the_fallen View Post
    I love Whimsicott, I have a shiny Whimsicott and she's beast

Arbitrary.... wat? The reasoning behind it is that Pokemon is far too easy and the added challenge really makes it tons more fun. Nuzlocke is great! Also, the rules are all right there ---> http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ocke_Challenge

Edit to add - Unless I'm foggy on my understanding of the word arbitrary, the above gives a reason and set of rules to Nuzlocke.
    Arbitrary (in this case) means that you're forcing yourself into some rules to make the game more interesting. I know PKMN is pretty easy, but some of the fun (for me) comes from setting up a good team. And that includes NOT catching the first stupid mon I find.

Arbitrary (in this case) means that you're forcing yourself into some rules to make the game more interesting. I know PKMN is pretty easy, but some of the fun (for me) comes from setting up a good team. And that includes NOT catching the first stupid mon I find.
    Well, I've tried online battling but if I get close to winning they will mysteriously "lose" their connection to the battle, or I get matched up against someone from Japan and he/she wipes me like it was nothing.

That sounds stupid, sorry. I've never been a fan of arbitrary difficulties.
    It's not supposed to increase difficulty (though it does), it's supposed to promote attachment to your pokemon and to use pokemon you wouldn't normally use.

I've seen some pretty badass Furrets and Zubats and Bidoofs while I was reading Nuzlocke stories.

I will definitely try out the Black/White hacks you mentioned, jlopez.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    It's not supposed to increase difficulty (though it does), it's supposed to promote attachment to your pokemon.
    I was never a fan of that. Never gave them nicknames and stuff. I grew attached to them if I liked them. And that came from looks most of the time.

I will definitely try out the Black/White hacks you mentioned, jlopez.
    How do you even hack it on the DS or in my case 3DS/DSi?

Quote Originally Posted by Cargath View Post
    How do you even hack it on the DS or in my case 3DS/DSi?
    Emulation.

I love Joltik too, hnnng

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by digglett View Post
    i love joltik too, hnnng

kill it kill it kill it D:

Quote Originally Posted by Bwaarg View Post
    But it's cute D:

For example, Furret! I had a great Furret that kicked butt but unluckily my little buddy was slain and I was sad .
    You see, maybe I'm too attached and I don't want to lose them.

Or it would just be an additional time-investment (training a new one when the old one died) that I don't want to deal with.

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 10:42 PM ----------

Kill it with some of these...

Oh no it's electric...

But it's so kawaii~~

You see, maybe I'm too attached and I don't want to lose them.

Or it would just be an additional time-investment (training a new one when the old one died) that I don't want to deal with.
    I got way to attached to my team one time, one time in Heart Gold, the first time I battled the Elite Four, I was doing great until I got to Lance, Blazer my Typhlosion, Amy my Ampharos, Red my Gyarados, and my Ho-oh didn't stand a chance. When I lost, I felt like I let all our hard work go to waste, I didn't touch my game for a week and rolled my new strategy in my head everyday, then, when I felt that I had to try again, I spent one day training, we trained our assed off and it really showed/helped, I was so proud of my team that day It's that kind of attachment that I absolutely love and enjoy, because it makes you feel like an actual trainer.

Also, it wasn't just the one time, I tried it about 10 times.
    Last edited by Karthorn; 2012-07-12 at 08:54 PM.