Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Bwaarg View Post
    If it is Adamant/Jolly nature you just won the game.
    Sassy sadly

it has a + attack characteristic though, 'likes to thrash about'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Eevee if anything. Evolve it into an Espeon.
    Eevee for a Jolteon. Gtfo with that Espeon crap :P

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Quote Originally Posted by psdew1813 View Post
    yep. finally saw the B/W animated trailer and thought...why the fuck isn't this a show?

yes, yes iv seen a few episodes of the latest season of the anime on cartoon network and yeah it was nice to see that they have kept things the same but thats also the problem with it.....

the generation of kids who grew up with pokemon are now grown up, and while the kiddy ascetic of the show is a nice way to keep getting younger kids into the show they should at least make a nod to the long time fans and bring us a more......mature show. not a gritty, dark reboot but defiantly a show more along the lines of what we saw in the BW2 trailer.
    The main problem I have with the Pokemon Anime with Ash in it is because he's a fucking moron, he's been a trainer for how many years and he still sucks? I could wipe the floor with that kid. Though I hope that they do turn that into an Anime, the kiddies get Ash, and the older watchers get that Anime, there problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either Oshawott or Mudikip. Samurott is cooler than Swampert but the immunity to electric is pretty good.
    Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    Eevee for a Jolteon. Gtfo with that Espeon crap :P
    Jolteon is stupid. It's just a pile of spikes and has no tail and is a pervert.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cargath View Post
    The main problem I have with the Pokemon Anime with Ash in it is because he's a fucking moron, he's been a trainer for how many years and he still sucks? I could wipe the floor with that kid. Though I hope that they do turn that into an Anime, the kiddies get Ash, and the older watchers get that Anime, there problem solved.
    I find it worse to believe that Jesse and James capture his Pikachu every episode.
    Black Lives Matter

Deleted
    I would probably go with Seedot. It's so cute, and Shiftry is just awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by the_fallen View Post
    I find it worse to believe that Jesse and James capture his Pikachu every episode.
    I wish I could punch Ash in the face and make him realize how much of a shitty trainer he is, wasn't his goal to be the very best? Well he's not doing so great. I find it even more pathetic when someone loses to his dumbass, hell! He can barely beat the Pokemon League!

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 02:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    I would probably go with Seedot. It's so cute, and Shiftry is just awesome.
    I named my Shiftry Link :3

Quote Originally Posted by jlopez707 View Post
    Gotta admit they have some balls for actually making their protagonist not be able to just automatically over come everyone because he's the main character, which I think is cool. They just took it TOO overboard. I mean... not ever actually winning a meaningful tournament/beating E4 is seriously facedesk worthy. Then again, the whole point is for him to "be the very best" and if he beats the E4... anime over. He's accomplished his goal.
    Well, his original goal was "to be the very best and catch 'em all," hence his name (which is a pun on catch 'em all).

He's failed horribly in both aspects.

Gotta admit they have some balls for actually making their protagonist not be able to just automatically over come everyone because he's the main character, which I think is cool. They just took it TOO overboard. I mean... not ever actually winning a meaningful tournament/beating E4 is seriously facedesk worthy. Then again, the whole point is for him to "be the very best" and if he beats the E4... anime over. He's accomplished his goal.
    Yeah, it's cool, but you have to admit that after like what, 10+ years of being a trainer would atleast give him a little knowledge, hell, when Ash met Snivy, he had no idea what Attract did, really?

Deleted
    Yeah, it's cool, but you have to admit that after like what, 10+ years of being a trainer would atleast give him a little knowledge, hell, when Ash met Snivy, he had no idea what Attract did, really?
    Didn't he meet a Koffing in Unova and had to ask his Pokedex what the hell it was? It's not like he fought Team Rocket's Koffing a million times.

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Didn't he meet a Koffing in Unova and had to ask his Pokedex what the hell it was? It's not like he fought Team Rocket's Koffing a million times.
    Idk, but what I find even more enraging is how he couldn't tell it was Team Rocket for the MILLIONTH FUCKING TIME! "Gah! It's Team Rocket! HOLY FUCKING SHIT! DIDN'T SEE THAT ONE COMING!"
    Last edited by Karthorn; 2012-07-13 at 02:43 AM.

Idk, but what I find even more enraging is how he couldn't tell it was Team Rocket for the MILLIONTH FUCKING TIME!
    You'd also think they'd learn their appearance after the 73560th time seeing them. Disguises don't work that well.

Deleted
    Well the best thing about the Pokémon Anime is definitely this.

Deleted
    I laugh at people saying the trailer was that awesome...it looked just like any other big fight Ash has been in.

Evil villains that look weird - check
    Oversized attacks that miss 99% of it's target and explode for no reason - check
    Some cheezy lines good vs bad - check
    Dramatic standdown - check

Honestly, if they just replaced the kid with Ash it could have been the trailer of a new pokémon movie. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a bad trailer or short animated work...but it's nothing different than the original series.

Make note...I agree that black and white series sucked so badly. Ash his knowledge of pokémon became even less than in the first episode...apperently he doesn't even remember how to catch a pokémon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I could punch Ash in the face and make him realize how much of a shitty trainer he is, wasn't his goal to be the very best? Well he's not doing so great. I find it even more pathetic when someone loses to his dumbass, hell! He can barely beat the Pokemon League!
    In his defense, he did go up against a Mary Sue with a Latios and Darkrai in the last championship. When was the last time normal blokes used legendaries in the show?

Also, to whoever it was that linked that Nuzlocke story: that was really good. Just wasted my night and read the whole thing.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    In his defense, he did go up against a Mary Sue with a Latios and Darkrai in the last championship. When was the last time normal blokes used legendaries in the show?

Also, to whoever it was that linked that Nuzlocke story: that was really good. Just wasted my night and read the whole thing.
    Oh god... I can't stand when they have Trainers have Legendaries in the show, like the guy who had the three legendary birds, that shit pisses me off so much. It's just a shitty concept and unfair, one, they're Legendaries, you can't use them in Tournaments, and two, it just doesn't make any sense. I mean, there's only 1 of each Legendary, unless they reveal that there are more, it's still retarded.
    Last edited by Karthorn; 2012-07-13 at 02:59 AM.

Oh god... I can't stand when they have Trainers have Legendaries in the show, like the guy who had the three legendary birds, that shit pisses me off so much. It's just a shitty concept and unfair, one, they're Legendaries, you can't use them in Tournaments, and two, it just doesn't make any sense.
    You mean brandon who has the three legendary golems and do to plot only used one in his battles with ash but with paul and his brother ised all three ultimate mary sue that the show should of ended after he beat him. Then the next episode ash lost to paul
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap you already read the WHOLE thing? O.O. It took me like 3 days of reading to get it all through. Then again, I read the comments and everything written. Maybe I'm just slow
    I'm just that fast *giggity*. Like a Ninjask.

Oh god... I can't stand when they have Trainers have Legendaries in the show, like the guy who had the three legendary birds, that shit pisses me off so much. It's just a shitty concept and unfair, one, they're Legendaries, you can't use them in Tournaments, and two, it just doesn't make any sense. I mean, there's only 1 of each Legendary, unless they reveal that there are more, it's still retarded.
    The worst part was that he never met the guy before, nor had he heard of him. I think a guy with a Latios and a Darkrai would be pretty famous. They resorted to using a horribly contrived super trainer to keep Ash's grubby paws off of the title and smacked him all the way to Unova. Needless to say, I haven't watched the series really since early D & P.
    Last edited by Nadev; 2012-07-13 at 03:04 AM.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!