Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Astralos View Post
    Don't know about the black background (maybe theres just something wrong with ms paint?), but i'm currently MM breeding for shiny ralts. Gonna use gallade in white 2 because she is just awesome!
    Gallade is only male. Are you thinking of Gardevoir?

I was almost aure you could have female gallade o.o

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Astralos View Post
    I was almost aure you could have female gallade o.o
    Nah male is a requirement for Kirlia to evolve into Gallade. Well that and a Dawn Stone. Honestly they should change Gardevoir to female only as well.

---------- Post added 2012-07-28 at 04:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    I like using Sp. Attacks - But they're nigh useless with Pokémon such as Tyranitar, Garchomp, and Groudon (though Groudon's insta-Solarbeam is very nice against certain types ). I was glad they introduced a physical Hyper Beam (Giga Impact \o/).
    I don't know - a proper Icebeam seems to utterly wreck Garchomps, and a proper Focus Blast the same with any Tyranitar. As for Groudon - yeah instant-Solarbeams are neat, but also it's downfall - since you can very well just use them yourself against a Groudon, just like you can use spam Thunder like a crazy person against Kyogre - only Kyogre is capable of taking a few Thunders where as Groudon can't quite handle that many Solarbeams. I remember utterly trolling a mate's Groudon with my Charizard once... Many lulz were had. The fool didn't give his Groudon any rock-attacks - and the sun-improved fire attacks and solarbeams from my Charizard were well... Too much for the Red-Godzilla wannabe.

.... Sidenote I miss my copies of Ruby and Sapphire... Lost them it seems along with my copy of Leafgreen QQ

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Nu tänker jag bli allra bäst
    och bygga upp ett lag
    För jag ska söka och fånga flest
    och träna dom var dag

Jag ska resa från stad till stad
    efter pokémon
    Så får jag se från grad till grad
    var kraften kommer från

Pokémon! (Måste fånga fler)
    Det är du och jag
    Tillsammans blir vi ett lag
    Pokémon!
    Ååh min bästa vän vi räddar världen om igen

Helt okej
    Vi vet hur man klarar sig

Du lär mig och jag lär dig
    P-o-k-é-m-o-n (Måste fånga fler)
    Jag ska fånga fler
    Pokémon!

By the way, I figured I wanted to try out making a sprite again, it’s been years. So I went to pokemonelite2000.com and copy/pasted a sprite into MS Paint, but it appeared with a black background. How do I get the sprite to appear normally, making it available to play with?
    Save the image, and then paste or open it from your computer.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reezpkt View Post
    Nu tänker jag bli allra bäst
    och bygga upp ett lag
    För jag ska söka och fånga flest
    och träna dom var dag

Jag ska resa från stad till stad
    efter pokémon
    Så får jag se från grad till grad
    var kraften kommer från

Det är du och jag
    Tillsammans blir vi ett lag
    Pokémon!
    Ååh min bästa vän vi räddar världen om igen

Helt okej
    Vi vet hur man klarar sig

Du lär mig och jag lär dig
    P-o-k-é-m-o-n (Måste fånga fler)
    Jag ska fånga fler
    Pokémon!
    Pfffft screw the TV-show radio-edit of the song(s) - They skipped a verse and an awesome solo! The bastards!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I think he meant that it's useless to teach those pokemon special attacks because of low stats
    Oh bugger me.... O' course he did, silly me. Well get a Hydreigon then if one wants pseudo-legendaries with a damn high Sp. Attack - shame it looks like an evil dragon-pot plant....

God damn it, why did I have to spot this thread? Now I wanna play Pokémon again. Not that it's a bad thing, I just have too many things I want to play.

By the way, what do you guys prefer in your team? Do you prefer to go for your favorites in terms of looks, do you prefer to have the most versatile in terms of types, or just the most powerful ones you can get?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    God damn it, why did I have to spot this thread? Now I wanna play Pokémon again. Not that it's a bad thing, I just have too many things I want to play.

By the way, what do you guys prefer in your team? Do you prefer to go for your favorites in terms of looks, do you prefer to have the most versatile in terms of types, or just the most powerful ones you can get?
    Usually looks and versatility, having to much of on type is something I don't like.
    Black Lives Matter

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account

Looks really, though luckily the ones I think look awesome are usually also damn-efficien. Oh and I try to not use legendaries on my teams, to avoid the cheese. Of course if I'm to play against others, I'll raise me some of the damn good legendaries of course. Oh and fire - I do like fire. And ice... And steel. Oh and fighting.... Oh and dragon.... >.<

---------- Post added 2012-07-28 at 06:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by the_fallen View Post
    Usually looks and versatility, having to much of on type is something I don't like.

Aye - who wants to be a Gym Leader eh?

I choose based on looks, but I always try to have a good range of types and pick Pokemon that are decently strong too. I never have two of the same type, and I would never use a useless Pokemon just because he looked cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Oh bugger me.... O' course he did, silly me. Well get a Hydreigon then if one wants pseudo-legendaries with a damn high Sp. Attack - shame it looks like an evil dragon-pot plant....
    I am annoyed it does not learn Dark Pulse naturally. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    I choose based on looks, but I always try to have a good range of types and pick Pokemon that are decently strong too. I never have two of the same type, and I would never use a useless Pokemon just because he looked cool.
    I usually focus on having a lot of defensive pokemon that can deal damage, one special sweeper and one attack sweeper. Sometimes I even have a support!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwaarg View Post
    I am annoyed it does not learn Dark Pulse naturally. D:

I usually focus on having a lot of defensive pokemon that can deal damage, one special sweeper and one attack sweeper. Sometimes I even have a support!
    I'm fuck-all annoyed at Ice Breath replaced Dark Pulse TM-wise.... Utterly derp. I always focus on either the total powerhouse (like say the pseudo-legendaries) or utter glasscannons like.... Say Chandelure. I hate playing defense or playing the status inflicting git hah.

---------- Post added 2012-07-28 at 06:30 PM ----------

I *try* to avoid having two of the same types - but it sometimes becomes impossible hah.

oh man i last played pokemon back in 2004 i think, now this thread makes me want to play again. Too bad my gameboy is lost so i'll have to play it on an emulator.

Back when pokemon was (relatively) popular here we had nation wide tournaments, with gym leaders from each state coming to the yearly event, it was awesome. Most big tournaments enforced the monotype rule (with a ban on normal types) and finding a team with a good balance was a challenge, and forced you into some really amazing move sets to cover for counter types and weaknesses.

I never got to play the remake versions (I had the yellow and silver version while one of my brothers had the red and gold and the other one had the blue but stoped playing before 2nd gen) so i might give them a try and go with a monotype team for old times sake.

When did B/W 2 release? If I understood it right, Japaneese version out already yes?

Lol me and my GF and my friend got drunk tonight and we pulled out the old Nintendo 64 and played mini games on Pokemon Stadium 2 for old time sake. Pretty funny playing it for the first time in 11 years, and then noticing this thread just after, lol. xD

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    When did B/W 2 release? If I understood it right, Japaneese version out already yes?
    October 20-something.

Kind of how I roll too. I do make a few exceptions like getting both Gigalith and Steelix on my team, just because both of them are damn epic. Technically they aren't the same types, but their weaknesses and movesets are pretty much the same. Still, I can't resist getting both of them. Theres an NPC in one of the games which says that Pokémon battles are no fun unless you use your favorite ones, I kind of cling to that. I do want to be able to get through the game, so I'm not building all grass just because it's my favorite type, even though I've been darned close to getting both Venusaur and Sceptile sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by RealistKilla View Post
    Lol me and my GF and my friend got drunk tonight and we pulled out the old Nintendo 64 and played mini games on Pokemon Stadium 2 for old time sake. Pretty funny playing it for the first time in 11 years, and then noticing this thread just after, lol. xD
    Those mini-games are seriously awesome though! Man, I remember me and my friends used to play those too, way more than actually battling properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I always focus on either the total powerhouse (like say the pseudo-legendaries) or utter glasscannons like.... Say Chandelure. I hate playing defense or playing the status inflicting git hah.
    Same here, actually. I am pretty impatient when it comes to battles, so I just go all-out on power, although I try to build defense on certain Pokémon to be able to take some damage. But power comes first.

I go for versatility and looks. i think the only one-type Pokémon I have mainly is Alakazam, whom is my favorite Pokémon of them all to have.

A classic is also Pikachu with Surf, but it's not that strong compared to the best.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Same here, my team is normally majority SP Attack with a few physical attackers, but I get a Blissey too and build it for being super defensive
    Wouldn't that be super special defensive :3