Thread: Pokémon!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    But Delibird could use a evolution, Farfeth'd could use one too.
    This is one of those cases where i really wished they listened to the fan base more. A while ago i read an amazing fan-created design which developed the Happiness/Friendship system to go below zero and become Unhappiness/Anger. It allowed for certain drowntrodden, hated and useless Pokemon like Sunflora and Farfetch'd to evolve when unhappy/angry enough and allowed them to 1) actually be useful again, and 2) expand on the happiness/friendship system which currently allows something like 15 Pokemon to evolve when levels are high. But alas...

1 think i actually wish they added to pokemon was making the elite 4 champion..actually have good pokemon..heck? why couldnt they have a legendary?..or 3. i didnt even find hard mode hard. milotic plowed the entire thing her self.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Black & White 2 was just lame, I couldn't get invested in the story at all, and I simply couldn't stand my rival, he was piss ass annoying.
    I thought Gary was much more annoying than the rival in B&W2. The one in B&W2 I got the sense immediately that we were buddies who were friends and so I named him after my best friend. It was funny, and it was nice that he wasn't trying to be all "I am the best and going to beat you!" - though I wouldn't call him as much of a rival as a friend. That might be why you didn't like it - because he didn't hate you, maybe?
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    I thought Gary was much more annoying than the rival in B&W2. The one in B&W2 I got the sense immediately that we were buddies who were friends and so I named him after my best friend. It was funny, and it was nice that he wasn't trying to be all "I am the best and going to beat you!" - though I wouldn't call him as much of a rival as a friend. That might be why you didn't like it - because he didn't hate you, maybe?
    Gary didn't hate you. But he actually tried to be better than you, which is kinda the point of a rival.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's only taken me 385 hours, but I finally beat the Elite 4 in Pokemon White 2. It's the first Pokemon I've finished since Yellow.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Well, it's only taken me 385 hours, but I finally beat the Elite 4 in Pokemon White 2. It's the first Pokemon I've finished since Yellow.
    385 Hours? O.o What did you do in all that time?

PS. If anyone is interested in competetive battling but doesn't have the time for IV/EV Breeding/Training
    http://play.pokemonshowdown.com

10+ Year Old Account
    385 Hours? O.o What did you do in all that time?
    Spent most of it between the sixth and seventh badge doing Dream World and filling up the Pokedex, in order to try to get a Dream World Dragonite for my friend.

Won with Crobat, Scrafty, Magnezone, Flygon, Chandelure and Dream World Kabutops, if anyone's interested.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

15+ Year Old Account
    Is it bad that i really want a DS version of Red/Blue/Green/Yellow? I really want to use some of those Pokemon (particularly the starters) in BW2, but i cant be bothered playing the entire of HG/SS like 3 times just to get them. <_<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Is it bad that i really want a DS version of Red/Blue/Green/Yellow? I really want to use some of those Pokemon (particularly the starters) in BW2, but i cant be bothered playing the entire of HG/SS like 3 times just to get them. <_<
    Don't you have a DS Lite?

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't you have a DS Lite?
    Only 2 DSi's

10+ Year Old Account
    What I would love is a new series of remakes of the original generation games (and maybe later on the others) with a graphical style that stays true to the series original official artwork. I'm not talking about the 2D sprites they have used in all the games (which does stay somewhat true but always looks different in game), I mean like the actual anime style artwork for the character design that has been around since day one on all forms of Poke-merchandise. So it wouldn't be just a single piece of unmoving artwork of an enemy on the screen however, they would be animated to move in a similar way to the characters in Rayman Origins, a less pixely looking movement and like an actual cartoon animation. I would want it so the combat screen goes the way of the Dragon Quest Monster series with the enemy character on the top screen and your character on the bottom along with commands. Besides a more true to official art work feel I would want the games to be entirely updated with new optional side story arcs thrown into the end game and sprinkled through out, similar to Deoxys and the additional islands from the GBA remakes. I would want these stories and events being a mix of elements and references from all the different Pokemon works over the years, stuff like letting Pokemon follow you like in yellow version, story lines that follow plots from the manga series (like for example the Legendary Bird Hybrid abomination thing), throw in some more "midboss" appearances of Jessie & James like Yellow version did, throw in some overpowered battles against Pokemon that can not be captured(think Mewtwo at end of the Stadium games), make a longer storyline after you beat the Elite Four that deals with Mewtwo, add in all of the lost ideas for the games like battling against Professor Oak and allow all Pokemon to be caught in a single version release.

Basically make it a real anniversary type celebration to the series complete with a remastered soundtrack (or even some straight music rips from Smash Bros Brawl would be fine) and rebalanced game play.

Spent most of it between the sixth and seventh badge doing Dream World and filling up the Pokedex, in order to try to get a Dream World Dragonite for my friend.

Won with Crobat, Scrafty, Magnezone, Flygon, Chandelure and Dream World Kabutops, if anyone's interested.
    I don't understand the dream world. I put a pokemon to sleep and it never dreams... help?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand the dream world. I put a pokemon to sleep and it never dreams... help?
    Put the pokemon to sleep.
    Use Game Sync to sync up your game with the Pokemon Online server.
    Go on to the Pokemon Dream World Online after 5 minutes of your pokemon being asleep.
    You have 1 hour to play mini-games and get a new pokemon from a random area of the Dream World before you're kicked out. Otherwise, use the I/O icon in the corner to end. This wakes your pokemon.
    Use Game Sync to sync up your game with the Pokemon Online server.
    Go to the Entralink and walk North. Any pokemon you got will appear in that area. Encountering it will only give you the option to catch it: the catch rate is 100% and you get a Dream Ball in case you have no other pokeballs to use.

And that's it. The cooldown on Dream World is 20 hours to prevent you spamming it.
    Last edited by Firebert; 2013-03-15 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Spelling.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

15+ Year Old Account
    The cooldown on Dream World is 20 hours to prevent you spamming it.
    And to work around this remember to keep going back to the island of Dreams until you find the pokemon you want, dont get stuck with some average pokemon!

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...land_of_Dreams

^ Has a list of all available pokemon for each area and what pokemon to tuck-in to increase your chances of going to the one you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    And to work around this remember to keep going back to the island of Dreams until you find the pokemon you want, dont get stuck with some average pokemon!
    I was filling up my Pokedex and playing for the points so I didn't care what pokemon I got. But yes. This. :3
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

15+ Year Old Account
    Finally decided what pokemon i want to use to play through Black2, then i realised you cant trade til after the first badge.

I hate that you cant just trade straight from the start - why make me go through that first hour of gameplay with sucky pokemon, whyyyyyyyyy?

Finally decided what pokemon i want to use to play through Black2, then i realised you cant trade til after the first badge.

I hate that you cant just trade straight from the start - why make me go through that first hour of gameplay with sucky pokemon, whyyyyyyyyy?
    What pokemon are you going to be using? Just curious!

15+ Year Old Account
    What pokemon are you going to be using? Just curious!
    - Always use a Dragon type in my team and hes my favourite cause hes so adorable!
    - My teams always use at least one Dark type, havent used Tyranitar since Pokemon Gold.
    - Starmie is my go-to Surfer/Water type because its OP stats + coverage, i want to change that though and ive never used Milotic (and its much easier to evolve from Feebas in gen V).
    - Tomorrow when i get my SoulSilver team high enough to beat Red, i'm going to pick Charmander as my Prof. Oak reward starter, mainly because i havent used one since 1998.
    - These last two spots were the hardest to fill. I've never used Scizor but i've always loved its design. I'll probably change my mind 5 more times before i start playing Black2 though.
    - The hardest decision was which Ground type to use. Nidoking was the most outside-the-box i could think of whilst still having ok stats and good versatility. Excadrill, Krookodile and Rhyperior were close runner-ups.

A lot of Pokemon like Bisharp and Hydreigon i'd really like to use but damn, screw waiting so many levels for them to evolve.
    Last edited by -Ethos-; 2013-03-16 at 04:02 AM.

Excadrill, Krookodile and Rhyperior were close runner-ups.
    I used Krookodile, and was surprised of his speed. I taught him bulldoze which saved me because it lowers the opponents speed as well, and helps my other pokemon who may not be as fast as the opponent to kill them. Anyway, I like your team! I love dragonite and wish I had access to a charizard!

You're not the only one, same can be said with R/S/E starters which you can also only get after you beat Red in HG/SS. They really needed to remake Ruby and Sapphire, and if anything simply port Leaf Green and Fire Red to the DS.

By the way, I can recommend a Special Nidoking big time, his wide movepool makes him absolutel devastating. A Special Nidoking with Earth Power, Sludge Wave, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam is one of the best Ground and Poison Pokémon you can get.

Yeah, he wasn't a rival at all, which is one of the reasons I dislike him. The other reason is that I can't stand his obnoxious personality. So to me he was neither a rival or a friend, he was just an annoying little kid (at least he acted like one). Gary is the best kind of rival the games has had, aside from the Rocket storyline the game's storyline really just centers around you and your rival's battles. He is supposed to taunt you and make you want to beat him down, and he does that very well.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-03-16 at 11:03 AM.