Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    So.... How does an Exeggutor make an egg which turns into a baby coconut?
    One of the heads falls off? Not sure ahahahah.

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Sudowoodo trade with Reaper Cloth evolves into this?
    I would love if the Gen 4 evolve items could be used on other Pokemon.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Was banking on the first real ghost/grass type to be a jack-o-lantern, the tree is still pretty nice though, I do like the actual design of it a lot more than the one people originally thought it would be, seemed too boring and cliche.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just curious about Shiny Starters. In HGSS, apparently you can see what colour the pokemon when your choosing from the starters.

Anyone know if this happens in other games, or is it specific to HGSS?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Just curious about Shiny Starters. In HGSS, apparently you can see what colour the pokemon when your choosing from the starters.

Anyone know if this happens in other games, or is it specific to HGSS?
    It would be exceptionally too early for anyone to know anything about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    It would be exceptionally too early for anyone to know anything about this.

Not really, considering he didnt mention X or Y specifically, but PKMN in general
    We dream, we dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    Not really, considering he didnt mention X or Y specifically, but PKMN in general
    Oh, I automatically assumed that he/she was asking about 6th gen.

the collab game is solitaire with horse racing. nothing to do with pokemon
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-41220077

Very fast, very tense battle ~1700 rating.

- - - Updated - - -

On onother note, it was the 1st time I ever used a donphan (was using an espeon just before), but I can't find a proper 6th team member for weeks now. I've used and didn't very much like starmie and I hate the idea of being setup and taunt fodder if I will be using Vaporeon.

There's something out there, but I don't know what to use.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-41221969

onother one ~1800.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-41262759

onother one against a 1900 guy with a very interesting team. HAVE to check out the last one.

Last battle lasted only 8 rounds.
    Note: I am the Baransu, guy. Same nickname with WoW.
    Last edited by Well; 2013-07-26 at 05:45 PM.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-41220077

Very fast, very tense battle ~1700 rating.

- - - Updated - - -

On onother note, it was the 1st time I ever used a donphan (was using an espeon just before), but I can't find a proper 6th team member for weeks now. I've used and didn't very much like starmie and I hate the idea of being setup and taunt fodder if I will be using Vaporeon.

There's something out there, but I don't know what to use.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-41221969

onother one ~1800.
    Azumaril sweep!

Have you tried umbreon as a wish/toxic? You don't seem to have anything to break walls and umbreon is super tanky.

Wish/toxic/protect/heal bell

Only problem is taunters but you don't see them too much outside the first move.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-07-26 at 04:48 PM.

Umbreon happens to be one of my favourites. I generally love playing all defensively,wishy and stally, but I've found that it generally does not work and it takes extreme skill and concentration to keep up with a team like that. My 1st team was a trick room team, I like weird stuff, but the sheer amount of predictions needed is just too much.

I generally force walls to switch out, since my team is super offensive.

I've found that my team has these weaknesses:
    a) Anyone getting paralysed and especially Toxicroak. If he gets paralysed (or burned) that means that I will not be able to setup with the only pokemon I have that can do that. That's why I added Jirachi. I am thinking of changing its set though.

b) Jirachi's inability to sustain as much as Toxicroak. My Jirachi does not have Wish. It has Thunder, Psychic, CM and Sub. While it's based on getting 2 CMs and then sweeping everything, I very much entertain the thought of giving it a Protect/Sub/Wish/Thunder set, even if it is slightly Taunt begger.

c) Thundurus-T. It forces so many switches for me because it simply threatens everything and is immune to paralysis via thunderwave or Thunder plus, if it gets a paralysis on one of my members see point a.

d) Obviously no Rapid Spin. Because of that and point a I had adopted Espeon, but I found that it literally can't take a single hit, so I was running it with Reflect & Light Screen + Light Clay with max investement in Speed. It lead to some very nice plays and opportunities.
    Last edited by Well; 2013-07-26 at 05:54 PM.

Umbreon happens to be one of my favourites. I generally love playing all defensively,wishy and stally, but I've found that it generally does not work and it takes extreme skill and concentration to keep up with a team like that. My 1st team was a trick room team, I like weird stuff, but the sheer amount of predictions needed is just too much.

I generally force walls to switch out, since my team is super offensive.

I've found that my team has these weaknesses:
    a) Anyone getting paralysed and especially Toxicroak. If he gets paralysed (or burned) that means that I will not be able to setup with the only pokemon I have that can do that. That's why I added Jirachi. I am thinking of changing its set though.

b) Jirachi's inability to sustain as much as Toxicroak. My Jirachi does not have Wish. It has Thunder, Psychic, CM and Sub. While it's based on getting 2 CMs and then sweeping everything, I very much entertain the thought of giving it a Protect/Sub/Wish/Thunder set, even if it is slightly Taunt begger.

c) Thundurus-T. It forces so many switches for me because it simply threatens everything and is immune to paralysis via thunderwave or Thunder plus, if it gets a paralysis on one of my members see point a.

d) Obviously no Rapid Spin. Because of that and point a I had adopted Espeon, but I found that it literally can't take a single hit, so I was running it with Reflect & Light Screen + Light Clay with max investement in Speed. It lead to some very nice plays and opportunities.
    Heal bell umbreon would fix most of your problems except rapid spin. I don't find umbreon too hard to predict, there isn't much predicting to him tbh and can take a hit while setting up a heal for your team. Only problem it just extends fights too long.

But if you are using jirachi you should take advantage of it's serene grace and grab iron head.

Iron head, body slam, wish

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Heal bell umbreon would fix most of your problems except rapid spin. I don't find umbreon too hard to predict, there isn't much predicting to him tbh and can take a hit while setting up a heal for your team. Only problem it just extends fights too long.

But if you are using jirachi you should take advantage of it's serene grace and grab iron head.

Iron head, body slam, wish
    I also thought of that. Scrap protect and grab the paraflinch set + wish.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also thought of that. Scrap protect and grab the paraflinch set + wish.
    That moveset was conceived in the deepest pits of hell itself.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

you havent played pokemon until youve had to catch 600+ level 2 pokemon in order to trade over the pokemon from another game O-O

DAMN YOU GAMEFREAK AND YOUR END GAME BONUSES!
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Replaying Leafgreen out of boredom (only 2 games i still have around is that and Pearl wich was...underwhelming). Just beat the league for the first time, doing the Sevii Island sidequests.

Trying to get a Flail/Endure/Sword Dance Kabutops is a fucking pain in the @ss.

Need to level a Male Krabby to 49, breed Kabutos until i finally get a female one (12.5% chance...) then breed the Krabby and the female Kabuto together until i get my actual Kabuto (with a nature that is half decent).

Game Freaks, giving a new meaning to grind.

Rest of my team is

Charizard
    Articuno
    Jolteon
    Marowak (that thing is a powerhouse, took me HOURS to get his stupid Thick Club but was well worth it).

I'm not sure what else to use for the 6th spot. I had Persian and Pidgeot but they really fell behind by the end of the game. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2013-07-27 at 07:05 AM.

Hypno has and always will be my favorite Pokemon (Hell, I'm getting a tattoo of Hypno from his Sleeper '97 T-Shirt design). Ever since Gold/Silver I have fanboy DREAMED of a Hypno evolution, something like a scary, demented puppet-master with little pikachu marionettes and a wicked grin.

I also hate baby Pokemon.

So when I saw THIS

My rage. My rage just won't subside.

Please be fake, please be fake..

Never cared for baby pokemons either but doesn't change anything if they made one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Never cared for baby pokemons either but doesn't change anything if they made one.
    Except I can't think of a 4 stage Pokemon evolution. If they go the wrong direction and make a baby of my favorite Pokemon, I'd be upset.

My only saving grace is that a lot of these "legit" poster pictures are fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadev View Post
    That moveset was conceived in the deepest pits of hell itself.
    Agreed. Can't get more broken tbh.

Dream comes true: Articuno last hope sweep. http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/nu-41375409
    Last edited by Well; 2013-07-27 at 07:37 AM.