Thread: Pokémon!

Ahh, the memories. I almost want to play Red...but I know the awful gameplay and everything would just annoy me.

Oh, happy memories!

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post

Ahh, the memories. I almost want to play Red...but I know the awful gameplay and everything would just annoy me.
    Play Firered?

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Play Firered?
    Noo! You made me realize I lost my Leafgreen, it was sitting on my desk right in front of me, and now it's gone.

Play Firered?
    Skelington wishes he bought a Firered at the time...
    But, meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Skelington wishes he bought a Firered at the time...
    But, meh.
    You could always......emulate it

You could always......emulate it
    *gasp*O_O

Meh. Never have before, and dont really know where to start anyways. Skelington can live without ever playing it.

the only emulators i would play are the fan made versions like this 1. this guy is doing a nuzlock for some reason.

because were missing pictures.
    Last edited by twinkleblur; 2011-10-21 at 04:35 AM.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

ok..its offiecal my togekis can 1 shot anything..at lv 78 with hyperbeam it basically has a power of 300 which is the highest thing ive seen in this game. its modest so you know its sp.atk is awefully high. how is it 300 you ask? stab bonus from being a normal type and choice specs. i just watch it take out my highest level steelix in 1 hit..sure its lv 67 but steelix is known for high defenses. hmm actually? the stab bonus may be higher than that i really dont know much about stab bonus that well i just know it boost same type same type attack values.
    my friend code...

HEy guys should I train my starmie psychic over recover? And I need flying poke on either togekiss or dustox
    My current team is arcanine starmie gyarados arbok and meganium

10+ Year Old Account
    stab bonus is 1.5x. 2x if the pokemon has Adaptability(Eevee is one). Hyper Beam is 150 power right? I'm not sure how bonuses are put together(and I can't remember what choice specs does XD) but with stab, Hyper Beam becomes 225 for a normal type.

Psychic is a powerful attack. I would teach to him, but idk if I'd do it over recover. But then again, what do I know? XD

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    ok..its offiecal my togekis can 1 shot anything..at lv 78 with hyperbeam it basically has a power of 300 which is the highest thing ive seen in this game. its modest so you know its sp.atk is awefully high. how is it 300 you ask? stab bonus from being a normal type and choice specs. i just watch it take out my highest level steelix in 1 hit..sure its lv 67 but steelix is known for high defenses. hmm actually? the stab bonus may be higher than that i really dont know much about stab bonus that well i just know it boost same type same type attack values.
    A Tyranitar of any sort would wall and destroy Togekiss, just sayin' brosef.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Crazy cat lady!

10+ Year Old Account
    needs a meowth :P

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    A Tyranitar of any sort would wall and destroy Togekiss, just sayin' brosef.
    ...you do..know that imma test this right? i do have a lv 70 tyranitar..brb... as for your team give starmie bith pyschic and recover being its type if your not going competitve then give it a strong water move a strong psychic move recover and it probibly can learn signal beam. also...dont get that dustox..you will thank me later.
    my friend code...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    ...you do..know that imma test this right? i do have a lv 70 tyranitar..brb... as for your team give starmie bith pyschic and recover being its type if your not going competitve then give it a strong water move a strong psychic move recover and it probibly can learn signal beam. also...dont get that dustox..you will thank me later.
    Tyranitar is bulky by nature, and in Gen V, Sandstorm increases his Special Defense further. Coupled with his typing granting resistance to Normal type moves and his Stone Edge simply obliterating Togekiss' typing...Tyranitar simply destroys Togekiss. Hell, if you spam Hyper Beam, all a Pokemon needs to wall you is Protect.

also what choice specs does is increase your power 50% at the cost of not being able to use any other ability the entire fight even if you switch out. i just tested it tyrantiar with a bold nature was left at around 10% health so not i cant 1 shot it but thats still quite impressive. i should ev stat train it for more damage and see what happens at lv 100
    Last edited by twinkleblur; 2011-10-21 at 04:14 PM.
    my friend code...

Pokemon website is still down? Booo. :<

Neat ^