Thread: Pokémon!

Deleted
    I'll quote a website about it, Pokérus, from "Pokémon virus" is a microscopic life-form that may attach to Pokémon, first appearing in the Generation II games.

Unlike other status ailments, Pokérus cannot be healed at a Pokémon Center or with any status ailment healing item, and can only be obtained by the Pokémon in question once. When a Pokémon has the Pokérus, it gains double the effort values from battling (i.e., fighting a Magikarp will give two Speed EVs, rather than one). Effort points gained from vitamins and wings are not doubled. The infected Pokémon can infect other Pokémon with the virus for a period of about two days. However, the Pokérus timer can be delayed by several methods including placing the infected Pokémon in a PC box.
    Pokérus has a 3 in 65,536 chance of being generated on a Pokémon, either wild or bred. Through battling or capturing this wild Pokémon, players could get this helpful virus onto their own Pokémon, and subsequently spread it around. Due to the overwhelmingly low chance of encountering the virus (about 1/3 of the chance to encounter a Shiny Pokémon), and the fact that most would not even recognize a Pokémon with the virus and may flee from it, many players would never have a Pokémon with the virus.
    In later generations, the Pokérus became more accessible, with several event Pokémon during Generation III having it when transferred into a player's game, and with worldwide trading facilitated by the Nintendo DS's Wi-Fi capabilities beginning Generation IV. In fact, it is common courtesy to infect Pokémon to be traded on the Global Trade Station with Pokérus within some parts of the fandom.

source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9rus
    Last edited by mmoc05ed91560e; 2012-07-18 at 10:53 AM. Reason: added source

Somehow I think that this explanation may confuse him even more, especially if he doesn't know what EVs are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Deleted

Hrmmmyes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    What is Pokerus? Explain please, I have seen it mentioned more than once in this thread.
    Doubles EV yields from battles, stacks with Macho brace giving 4x EV yields. To get 220 EVs in defense for example (Or +55 stats in defense) you would need to kill 220 Geodudes as they only give one EV. With pokerus you'd only have to kill 110, with the macho brace and pokerus it is 55.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    I am highly intrigued by this volt white that you lot speak of, can someone explain how to get it via a pm or on the thread if it is allowed? Much appreciated.
    google it! I did for Blaze Black yesterday and it was pretty simple :3

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I hear ya... it seems rng is always ready to go and slap you in the face.

Also, I discovered that the shaky grass could be "manipulated" to make rares appear. I had not even NOTICED this mechanic yet.

... Don't judge me, I'm not very familiar with B&W
    Shiney Grass in b/w was the best thing. like 70% of the time it was an Audino, they give crazy EXP when K/Oed

:3

I recently started playing Firered, which is as awesome as I hoped, but I didn't expect that you would be able to go on and catch newer generations of Pokemon in that game, I got mighty surprised there!

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to download Volt White!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post

:3

I recently started playing Firered, which is as awesome as I hoped, but I didn't expect that you would be able to go on and catch newer generations of Pokemon in that game, I got mighty surprised there!
    Well it is pretty much just a Gen 3 game just using the Gen 1 theme. Same goes for Soulsilver/Heartgold - a Gen 4 game using the Gen 2 theme. And whenever we get the Something-Ruby and Something-Sapphire (hopefully soon!) it will be a Gen 5 game using the Gen 3 theme.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Well it is pretty much just a Gen 3 game just using the Gen 1 theme. Same goes for Soulsilver/Heartgold - a Gen 4 game using the Gen 2 theme. And whenever we get the Something-Ruby and Something-Sapphire (hopefully soon!) it will be a Gen 5 game using the Gen 3 theme.
    Storywise though, HG/SS were different, weren't they? While FR/LG were basically the same (until you finished the main story, that is).

Also, heh, just saw this on totallylookslike.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Storywise though, HG/SS were different, weren't they? While FR/LG were basically the same (until you finished the main story, that is).

Also, heh, just saw this on totallylookslike.

Nah HG/SS had the same storyline as G/S *and* Crystal. They just added the tiny bit with the kimono girls and Lugia/Ho-Oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Nah HG/SS had the same storyline as G/S *and* Crystal. They just added the tiny bit with the kimono girls and Lugia/Ho-Oh.
    They gave Silver a better backstory aswell.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    They gave Silver a better backstory aswell.
    Well they added the special Celebii event thing where you learned that Giovanni was his father. Not that much really, especially given the circumstances for learning this bit of story.

Deleted
    *Cough* WHAT?!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwaarg View Post
    *Cough* WHAT?!

My reality just imploded AND exploded!

Roxy is becoming one of my favorite pokegirls on design alone. :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwaarg View Post
    *Cough* WHAT?!

[video=youtube;4_QChOQ5-bM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_QChOQ5-bM&feature=related[video]

I'm personally a big fan of all the ronald stuff D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post

I'm personally a big fan of all the ronald stuff D:
    I love it too :<

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Roxy? Is that Himika's English name?
    Roxy is the poison gym leader in BW2..... I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Decided I didn't want to use the starter in BW2 so I've bred myself an Eevee to trade over as soon as I can

Anyone else doing anything similar?
    Why not just catch an Eevee in Black2/white2? You encounter them pretty early IIRC.