Thread: Pokémon!

Deleted
    http://www.pokemon.com/powerbracket/us/

Final round! Mew vs. Rayquaza

"The winning Pokémon will take over Pokemon.com for an entire week, and a special downloadable prize pack will be given away to everyone to celebrate the victory!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I just love reading through this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Replace Venusaur with Charizard or Blaziken, then we can talk ;P
    If we're talking fire starters then atleast make it Typhlosion.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    If we're talking fire starters then atleast make it Typhlosion.
    That fat ol' badger?! Blasphemy! It's about as horrid as Emboar for crying out loud! Meh, all gen2 starters can "fook auf"!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by commando1337 View Post
    Bulbasaur..
    Bulba, bulba! Bulbasaur!
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-08-20 at 11:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That fat ol' badger?! Blasphemy! It's about as horrid as Emboar for crying out loud! Meh, all gen2 starters can "fook auf"!
    What are you talking about you horrible, horrible person? Typhlosion and Feraligatr are the shit AND YOU KNOW IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    What are you talking about you horrible, horrible person? Typhlosion and Feraligatr are the shit AND YOU KNOW IT.
    Don't forget Meganium! Grass starters are always underrated!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    I was never really a fan of Meganium. Torterra, Sceptile, and Venusaur are pretty boss though.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Worst of the worst. A fat dino, a clumsy badger and a plant-lizard who utterly utterly fails at everything it does.

---------- Post added 2012-08-21 at 02:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    I wouldn't say that they are underrated - more like overrated. Venusaur, Sceptile and Serperior are all massive fan favourites. Oh and there's a reason as to why everyone forgets Meganium.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst of the worst. A fat dino, a clumsy badger and a plant-lizard who utterly utterly fails at everything it does.

---------- Post added 2012-08-21 at 02:13 AM ----------

I wouldn't say that they are underrated - more like overrated. Venusaur, Sceptile and Serperior are all massive fan favourites. Oh and there's a reason as to why everyone forgets Meganium.....
    You was trollin! You must be trolling, because you did NOT just call Feraligatr a fat dino. This is uncalled for. I challenge you to a duel!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    You was trollin! You must be trolling, because you did NOT just call Feraligatr a fat dino. This is uncalled for. I challenge you to a duel!
    Well it's obviously not Chansey or Snorlax fat, but it's still a chubby blue dino. And easy now, I actually still prefer Feraligatr over most of the water starters, but I'm still not a fan of the gen 2 starters. And I never will be.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I love Feraligatr even more now. I will forever refer to him as "The chubby blue dino". Thank you
    You are quite welcome.... I think.

Atleast they're aren't getting the completely over the top attention that Charizard and Power Ranger Chicken gets >.>

Fat? What do you mean fat? He is B-E-A-U-TIFUL!

Nah, seriously, he's my favorite water starter, and probably my favorite starter next to Venusaur only. The only gens where I've hated all of the starters where the two most recent ones, all of the starters were cool in Gen 1-3, but then something just went wrong.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-08-21 at 01:42 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Atleast they're aren't getting the completely over the top attention that Charizard and Power Ranger Chicken gets >.>

Fat? What do you mean fat? He is B-E-A-U-TIFUL!

Nah, seriously, he's my favorite water starter, and probably my favorite starter next to Venusaur only. The only gens where I've hated all of the starters where the two most recent ones, all of the starters were cool in Gen 1-3, but then something just went wrong.
    That's because Charizard and Blaziken aren't sucky :3

And aye, gen 4-5 had some issues with the starters... I *kinda* liked Torterra and I somewhat liked Empoleon, but Infernape was just pure lackluster - despite being pretty damn awesome in fact. And Gen 5... Urgh only good thing they had starter wise is Samurott. Though I recently learned that Samurott is capable of standing on it's hindlegs and the clam-things on its frontlegs are apparently shell-katanas in scabbards.... That image made me slightly facepalm.

That's because Charizard and Blaziken aren't sucky :3

And aye, gen 4-5 had some issues with the starters... I *kinda* liked Torterra and I somewhat liked Empoleon, but Infernape was just pure lackluster - despite being pretty damn awesome in fact. And Gen 5... Urgh only good thing they had starter wise is Samurott. Though I recently learned that Samurott is capable of standing on it's hindlegs and the clam-things on its frontlegs are apparently shell-katanas in scabbards.... That image made me slightly facepalm.
    Gen 5's starters were horrid, despite the generation having a bunch of other cool Pokémon. I mean, a bearded unicorn seal, Ganon that somehow caught on fire, and a very picky snake who just happens to live inside a leaf. Gen 4 was the worst though, we had Karate Chimp, Venusaur_V2_ALPHA.pkm and Hannibal Lecter.

Also, btw, Neither Venusaur or Sceptile sucks, actually Venusaur is ranked higher than any other starter except Blaziken in competitive play. Rest of the starters are just behind Venusaur, except for Meganium who is absolutely bottom. Doesn't matter much what the ''pros'' say though, as long as one plays with what he likes to play with. Heck, Meganium is still good even if those dumbnuts say otherwise, it only matter in the over-the-top pro tournaments anyways. The Fire starters have always been very aggressive, and mostly fast too, so I guess they go with that kind of style. For me Venusaur is prety much the best of both worlds, he has both offense and defense to go with him, while Charizard simply gets taken down by one Rock Slide it's quite unlikely that Venusaur will get 1HKO'd by a Flamethrower, or maybe even a Blast Burn, which means he'll be able to get a hit in. With Earthquake he can get quite a nasty hit in on most fire Pokémon. For Sceptile his speed is his bread and butter. His defense sucks though, but heck, so does most fire starters'.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Gen 5's starters were horrid, despite the generation having a bunch of other cool Pokémon. I mean, a bearded unicorn seal, Ganon that somehow caught on fire, and a very picky snake who just happens to live inside a leaf. Gen 4 was the worst though, we had Karate Chimp, Venusaur_V2_ALPHA.pkm and Hannibal Lecter.

Also, btw, Neither Venusaur or Sceptile sucks, actually Venusaur is ranked higher than any other starter except Blaziken in competitive play. Rest of the starters are just behind Venusaur, except for Meganium who is absolutely bottom. Doesn't matter much what the ''pros'' say though, as long as one plays with what he likes to play with. Heck, Meganium is still good even if those dumbnuts say otherwise, it only matter in the over-the-top pro tournaments anyways. The Fire starters have always been very aggressive, and mostly fast too, so I guess they go with that kind of style. For me Venusaur is prety much the best of both worlds, he has both offense and defense to go with him, while Charizard simply gets taken down by one Rock Slide it's quite unlikely that Venusaur will get 1HKO'd by a Flamethrower, or maybe even a Blast Burn, which means he'll be able to get a hit in. With Earthquake he can get quite a nasty hit in on most fire Pokémon. For Sceptile his speed is his bread and butter. His defense sucks though, but heck, so does most fire starters'.
    I'm fairly sure that I recall reading that Infernape was among the best of the starters, due to it's stats and movepool (Pretty much a Blaziken +1) - nevermind though. I do quite agree, play how you want to, use the ones you want to - fuck the rest really. I just generally dislike Grass. Not a big fan of lizards or toads and I dislike bulky and slow, not to mention they have way too many weaknesses compared to fire and water. Granted Sceptile is the exception as you mentioned, it's basically a fire pokemon in a grass-suit. I dislike water as well, but I've been using the water starters for the past few games simply because Emboar, Infernape and Typhlosion are terrible beyond reason.

Deleted

The only starter I really dislike is Infernape. I'm not too fond of Charizard, Typlosion, Blaziken, or Samurott either, but they're decent.

Venusaur is still the best though.

I'm fairly sure that I recall reading that Infernape was among the best of the starters, due to it's stats and movepool (Pretty much a Blaziken +1) - nevermind though. I do quite agree, play how you want to, use the ones you want to - fuck the rest really. I just generally dislike Grass. Not a big fan of lizards or toads and I dislike bulky and slow, not to mention they have way too many weaknesses compared to fire and water. Granted Sceptile is the exception as you mentioned, it's basically a fire pokemon in a grass-suit. I dislike water as well, but I've been using the water starters for the past few games simply because Emboar, Infernape and Typhlosion are terrible beyond reason.
    I, for some reason, love it when the starters are just a pure type instead of dual type, can't put a finger on why, but that's probably the reason I love Typhlosion and Feraligatr so much.

Yeah, grass has too many weaknesses sadly, atleast Ice shouldn't be very effective against it. Poor Venusaur is even weak against Psychic attacks.

Also, Charizard is a lizard.